Windows 10: UI is broken after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 transparent, flickering, glitching

Discus and support UI is broken after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 transparent, flickering, glitching in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, yesterday I was helping an older relative upgrade his computer from Windows 7 to 10, and when I booted up the system, the UI didn't look right and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pyrrhon, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Pyrrhon Win User

UI is broken after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 transparent, flickering, glitching

So, yesterday I was helping an older relative upgrade his computer from Windows 7 to 10, and when I booted up the system, the UI didn't look right and was in some cases unusable. The taskbar and the start menu were both completely transparent, making it hard to see what you are doing since the icons on the desktop are visible behind it. The settings initially looked fine when I opened them up, but they eventually end up transparent as well, and start flickering a lot. This seems to be related to whenever there is a loading animation, although it may be caused by other things as well. I also can't turn off the computer properly, since nothing happens when I click the power icon the animation is broken, so I don't get the "sleep", "shut down", "restart" options.

I've also noticed that Microsoft Word crashes a few seconds after starting up, although I'm not sure if this issue is related. Apart from that I haven't noticed any problems with software. Photoshop is running fine for example. Unfortunately I can't give any information about the specs of this computer atm, and I don't have any screenshots to illustrate the issues. Finally, I've checked the installed graphics driver, and it claims to be the correct, most up-to-date version.

I'm gonna go back soon and try to fix this, so I was hoping I might get some ideas about what's the most likely solution to this.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get!

:)

Pyrrhon, Nov 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 start menu glitch--it actually shows how transparent the elements of the UI should be!

UI is broken after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 transparent, flickering, glitching 331c1367-d50a-437e-92ed-81cca0fbec86.png

Hey everyone and I just upgraded to Windows 10! So as seen in the picture above, there is a glitch that I encountered in the start menu that somehow made the start menu transparent.

Here is what I did before the glitch happened:

First I went into my personalization settings. Then I set my favorite color (In my case it is orange). And lastly I turned on the "show color on start, taskbar, and action center". Then, I went into the start to see how it looked. That's when the glitch
    occurred. I quickly took a screenshot of it (shown above).

This glitch also shows how transparent the elements of the UI should be. It should be glass clear, like in Windows 7, and we should be able to change the color of the glass, just like in Windows 7 as well.

So please, I want the Windows 10 UI to look as transparent as the start menu glitch.

FazPhantom, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 30, 2020
  4. UI is broken after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 transparent, flickering, glitching

Glitching After Updating To Windows 10

Hi Ahsiek,

Display errors might have caused by an incompatible drivers. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to know the following:

• What is the
      build number and version of your Windows
      ?
    • When you say glitch, does it mean that the screen flickers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows 10 laptop?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the graphics driver of your Windows 10 by following the steps given on this article:

Update drivers in Windows 10

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

UI is broken after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 transparent, flickering, glitching

1. UI is broken after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 transparent, flickering, glitching - Similar Threads - broken upgrading transparent

2. Windows 10 UI glitches

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 UI glitches: Hi everyone,I'm having issues with all the lists in Windows :I know it's not comming from a particular software, because the lists are glitchy absolutely everywhere in Windows.What can I do please ?Thank youBruno...
  3. Windows 10 UI glitches

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 UI glitches: Hi everyone,I'm having issues with all the lists in Windows :I know it's not comming from a particular software, because the lists are glitchy absolutely everywhere in Windows.What can I do please ?Thank youBruno...
  4. Windows 10 UI glitches

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 UI glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 UI glitch: The UI in some programs on Windows 10 has a UI glitch in my case it's Sourcetree and Hearthstone Deck Tracker. According to this video, when I'm moving a mouse cursor through the programs, the UI sometimes doesn't show properly mostly the text size will enlarge and can't be...
  6. Transparency broken after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transparency broken after update: [ATTACH] Using AMD Ryzen 3500U APU with latest WHQL driver for GPU submitted by /u/Oakredditer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jzk1tf/transparency_broken_after_update/
  7. Windows 10 UI is BROKEN

Windows 10 UI is BROKEN: This is a problem I've been having with Windows 10 UI for several years now, and it has persisted despite resetting and reinstalling the OS numerous times. It happens randomly and only to every Windows 10 related apps and menus. To sum it up, it acts as if I was holding down...
  8. Windows UI glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows UI glitch: Since last windows 10 update and Nvidia driver update, I am facing UI glitch in windows and apps like google chrome. Can someone help me with this? You can see on the top right corner UI is glitched and in taskbar also and if I use google chrome then the whole screen gets...
  9. Windows UI Glitches?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows UI Glitches?: Hello everybody, i noticed this issue, I see graphical bugs at different time intervals which disappears after a while. Also noticed that when I right-click on the desktop, sometimes the Font menu is underlined and sometimes not. I have everything updated. In GPU Test is...
  10. UI Glitch

UI Glitch: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/7gwft7bq4uv31.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=7e131bb0ae0b5205ee5fa295ee5f77987f9f048b This happened after I opened to many tabs in Chrome in laptop with 2GB of RAM. Some text in some area become missing, even in the Chrome menu...