Windows 10: UI moved to one monitor after wakeup from sleep, with a mutli-monitor setup.

Discus and support UI moved to one monitor after wakeup from sleep, with a mutli-monitor setup. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey all, I recently started having issues with programs being moved on wakeup to one monitor, regardless of where I had them prior to sleep.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cameron Molver, Apr 4, 2020.

1. UI moved to one monitor after wakeup from sleep, with a mutli-monitor setup.

Hey all,

I recently started having issues with programs being moved on wakeup to one monitor, regardless of where I had them prior to sleep.

Including things such as my LOCKED taskbar, they would just... move across.

I searched online for any help regarding this, or some fellow souls dealing with this issue, and was met with half a decade old posts.

However!

I may have found a workaround, or fix for some, to at least choose which monitor your programs move to from a sleep state.

Within your Display Settings, under Multiple Displays, there is a small checkbox; Make this my Main Display.

Upon checking that box, your programs move to that main display, whichever of your monitors you have chosen.

While some still would prefer everything to stay the same, I'm happy enough having my numerous things just not be on my main monitor.

If anyone else has found a better solution, post them below!

UI moved to one monitor after wakeup from sleep, with a mutli-monitor setup. f3e271f5-023c-4cde-9396-3914100b5784?upload=true.png

:)

Cameron Molver, Apr 4, 2020

2. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Joe J SD Win User
    Continuous Device Connect/Disonnect Sound when HP W2207 Monitor Sleeps

Hope someone can help.

HP Pavilion p7-1287c Desktop PC with HP W2207 monitor, running Windows 10. DVI cable from monitor to PC.

Here's what's happening:

• If signed out of windows the monitor sleeps without issue.
    • If signed on to windows the monitor sleeps and the computer loops the device connect/disconnect sound.
    • If using VGA cable no issues with monitor sleeping but computer won't sleep.
    • Have disconnected all USB devices except wireless mouse/keyboard combo.
    • Have tested with wired USB mouse and keyboard same issue.
    • Have ensured all drivers are updated to the latest versions.
    • Have tried playing with the Advanced Power Option settings for USB and no change in behavior.
    • Have tried requiring a password on wakeup and still no change.
    • Would like to keep the DVI cable vs going back to VGA.
    Please don't suggest turning off the sound for connecting/disconnecting devices.

Thanks.

Joe J

Joe J SD, Apr 4, 2020
  4. UI moved to one monitor after wakeup from sleep, with a mutli-monitor setup.

Scroll mouse up and down on stacked monitor setup

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to move the mouse up and down between a stacked dual monitor setup, you can follow the steps mentioned below and change the mouse scrolling settings.

1. Go to Settings > System >
      Display.
    2. Now under Select and rearrange displays click and hold the
      monitor 1.
    3. Now move it above the monitor 2 and adjust accordingly.
    4. Click on Apply and close settings.

After changing the settings you will be able to scroll up and down on the stacked monitor setup.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

UI moved to one monitor after wakeup from sleep, with a mutli-monitor setup.

1. UI moved to one monitor after wakeup from sleep, with a mutli-monitor setup. - Similar Threads - moved monitor wakeup

2. Icons on monitor 2 seem to sleep for about 5s after I wakeup the monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on monitor 2 seem to sleep for about 5s after I wakeup the monitors: I don't have the PC going to sleep at all, but the displays do turn off. Often when I hit spacebar or something to bring the system up, and after fingerprint login, I cannot click on any of the icons on monitor 2 for about 5 seconds, then they will work as expected. On...
  3. Icons on monitor 2 seem to sleep for about 5s after I wakeup the monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on monitor 2 seem to sleep for about 5s after I wakeup the monitors: I don't have the PC going to sleep at all, but the displays do turn off. Often when I hit spacebar or something to bring the system up, and after fingerprint login, I cannot click on any of the icons on monitor 2 for about 5 seconds, then they will work as expected. On...
  4. Windows from HDMI monitor move to DP monitor when monitors go to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows from HDMI monitor move to DP monitor when monitors go to sleep.: Hello!I couldn't find anything about this issue using search engines, so I thought I'd try here!I'm using Windows 11.I have two monitors of the same brand and basically the same model. I have a GTX 1660 Super.Monitor 1 is connected through DP.Monitor 2 is connected through...
  5. Windows from HDMI monitor move to DP monitor when monitors go to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows from HDMI monitor move to DP monitor when monitors go to sleep.: Hello!I couldn't find anything about this issue using search engines, so I thought I'd try here!I'm using Windows 11.I have two monitors of the same brand and basically the same model. I have a GTX 1660 Super.Monitor 1 is connected through DP.Monitor 2 is connected through...
  6. Laptop monitor not working after wakeup from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop monitor not working after wakeup from sleep: Hi, I have an Asus g14 with the latest windows 10 64. my laptop monitor won't work sometimes 3 times a week after sleep. Also if I keep the lid open for few minutes when this error happens my laptop starts to getting heat up. I updated all the graphic drivers but still the...
  7. Monitors are blank after wakeup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors are blank after wakeup: When I wake up the system from sleep, the monitors are blank. The keyboard does not show activity - its LED indicators, such as Caps Lock or Num Lock, do not light up when pressing the respective keys. If I soft reset the system, the same thing happens. I have to forcefully...
  8. Windows Moving to One Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Moving to One Monitor: Hi all, I posted here a few months ago I believe about the same issue. I set my monitors to turn off after a while of my computer not receiving any input. Whenever I do anything to turn it back on, all my windows go from my second monitor to my main. I was wondering if there...
  9. Windows keep moving and resizing after monitors wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keep moving and resizing after monitors wake from sleep: I have dual monitors and every time they wake from sleep, the windows that are open in the second monitor are resized and moved to the primary monitor. This is incredibly frustrating because it disrupts my workflow and I have to rearrange my windows every single time I wake...
  10. Windows move to 3rd monitor after PC wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows move to 3rd monitor after PC wakes from sleep: Hi, I've got 3 monitors connected to my PC. 2 are normal monitors and the 3rd is a TV that sits above my desk visible to the rest of the office. In my display setting they are set up as follows: [ATTACH] Displays 2 & 1 are the displays I use for work applications....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual monitors switching screen 1 to 2 after sleeping