Windows 10: UI or Segoe-UI on my computer and don't seem to be able to get rid of it

Discus and support UI or Segoe-UI on my computer and don't seem to be able to get rid of it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have this thing called UI or Segoe-UI on my computer and don't seem to be able to get rid of it. What is it? is it of any use to me? How do I get rid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Black Darter, Oct 31, 2019.

1. UI or Segoe-UI on my computer and don't seem to be able to get rid of it

I have this thing called UI or Segoe-UI on my computer and don't seem to be able to get rid of it. What is it? is it of any use to me? How do I get rid of it and loads of now empty folders which I seem to keep creating in the attempt?

:)

Black Darter, Oct 31, 2019

2. Missing Segoe UI Font

I was messing around with a program called Weinaero Tweaker, which lets you change elements of Windows UI like the color of title bars and the size of fonts etc. Anyway I tried using a couple of different fonts as my system font with the tool, and then decided to just go back to the standard "Segoe UI Regular", only to discover it was no longer listed in font selection drop down box in Winaero Tweaker. I then checked Control Panel\Fonts\Segoe UI, and sure enough Segoe UI Regular and Segoe UI Bold are both missing.

Where can I get a copy of the Segoe UI fonts that come with Windows 10 to replace the ones I lost? I tried running sfc /scannow hoping that would fix it, but it didn't work. I also tried running windows update to no avail either. I am download the Windows 10 installation media right now, because I read you could install fonts off the disc, but I haven't been able to find any information on how to do so.

ComponentActual, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Missing Segoe UI Font

However, if you try to download Segoe UI again off the Internet using Windows 10, it means that you are basically downloading the old version of Segoe UI like in Windows Vista/7 (in usual cases).

If you happen to download the NEW version of Segoe UI, just give us the link and the new version can be re-downloaded (if they allow it).

Anthony278, Oct 31, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

UI or Segoe-UI on my computer and don't seem to be able to get rid of it

Windows 10 default font, total fonts (with sub-fonts example segoe ui italic, bold, etc)

Hi rsotol028

The default system font in Windows 10 is Segoe U

This is the list of Segoe UI fonts required in Windows

"Segoe UI (TrueType)"="segoeui.ttf"

"Segoe UI Black (TrueType)"="seguibl.ttf"

"Segoe UI Black Italic (TrueType)"="seguibli.ttf"

"Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"="segoeuib.ttf"

"Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"="segoeuiz.ttf"

"Segoe UI Emoji (TrueType)"="seguiemj.ttf"

"Segoe UI Historic (TrueType)"="seguihis.ttf"

"Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"="segoeuii.ttf"

"Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"="segoeuil.ttf"

"Segoe UI Light Italic (TrueType)"="seguili.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"="seguisb.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semibold Italic (TrueType)"="seguisbi.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semilight (TrueType)"="segoeuisl.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semilight Italic (TrueType)"="seguisli.ttf"

"Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"="seguisym.ttf"

"Segoe MDL2 Assets (TrueType)"="segmdl2.ttf"

"Segoe Print (TrueType)"="segoepr.ttf"

"Segoe Print Bold (TrueType)"="segoeprb.ttf"

"Segoe Script (TrueType)"="segoesc.ttf"

"Segoe Script Bold (TrueType)"="segoescb.ttf"

DaveM121, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

UI or Segoe-UI on my computer and don't seem to be able to get rid of it

1. UI or Segoe-UI on my computer and don't seem to be able to get rid of it - Similar Threads - Segoe computer don't

2. How to open Segoe UI Fluent Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to open Segoe UI Fluent Icons: HiI want use Segoe UI Fluent Icons, i download .ttf file from here. I don't know how to use them. In previev it displays like a normal text. In Word when i click random key with this font there appears one rectangle with blank middle.Sorry for bad english, because i'm not...
  3. Segoe UI Emoji on macOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Segoe UI Emoji on macOS: Hi,Since, Windows 11 Emoji launched, I have been obsessed with them, but the problem is that I use a Mac. Is there a way I can change the default "Apple Color Emoji" to the new Segoe UI Emoji?...
  4. Segoe UI Emoji on macOS

Segoe UI Emoji on macOS: Hi,Since, Windows 11 Emoji launched, I have been obsessed with them, but the problem is that I use a Mac. Is there a way I can change the default "Apple Color Emoji" to the new Segoe UI Emoji?...
  5. How to get Segoe UI Variable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Segoe UI Variable: I don't know whether I can download the new font Segoe on "https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/obbfei/the_segoe_ui_variable_system_font_used_in_windows/" or not. How can I get Segoe UI Variable?...
  6. How to get Segoe UI Variable

How to get Segoe UI Variable: I don't know whether I can download the new font Segoe on "https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/obbfei/the_segoe_ui_variable_system_font_used_in_windows/" or not. How can I get Segoe UI Variable?...
  7. Segoe UI looks ugly at some sizes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Segoe UI looks ugly at some sizes: I've had this issue for years, since I used 7, and I want to fix it. Segoe UI looks really ugly at 8pt and 10pt on my laptop (only PC I have) and the resolution is 1366x768. If it's bold on 10pt it looks normal (just like 9pt, 11pt and larger). I tried MacType, that broke all...
  8. Trouble Getting Rid of Segoe UI Font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trouble Getting Rid of Segoe UI Font: Anyone have any idea what's going on here? I customize the font on my Windows 10 laptop by going into the registry (Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts), and removing the value data from the key for each font I want to modify. I...
  9. Segoe UI Semibold font bug?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Segoe UI Semibold font bug?: Hi, I came across the following irregularity in the Segoe UI Semibold font: [ATTACH] Only in 11pt the dots in i and j are not at the same height. Has this been fixed? Is there a newer version of the font? Thanks!...
  10. Missing Segoe UI Font

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Segoe UI Font: I was messing around with a program called Weinaero Tweaker, which lets you change elements of Windows UI like the color of title bars and the size of fonts etc. Anyway I tried using a couple of different fonts as my system font with the tool, and then decided to just go back...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 auto resets registry key for Segoe UI Semibold to empty how to stop it

2. segoe ui inverted commas not working