Windows 10: UK Cortana doesn't voice facts etc.

Discus and support UK Cortana doesn't voice facts etc. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Is Cortana in the UK fully functional yet or have I missed something? 90% of the time if I ask it/her a fact, it just opens the browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RJSmith92, Jul 30, 2015.

1. RJSmith92 Win User

UK Cortana doesn't voice facts etc.

Hello,

Is Cortana in the UK fully functional yet or have I missed something?

90% of the time if I ask it/her a fact, it just opens the browser with it typed into Bing.

Rarely (asking Obama's age for example) it will show the results in the Cortana box, but still doesn't voice the answer, rather just saying 'Here's what I found'.

I've seen the US version be able to do this, and can be asked a wide range of facts and have the answer read aloud. It is possible to enable this now in the UK or will it be integrated at a later date?

Regards.

:)

RJSmith92, Jul 30, 2015
  2. mikie 999 Win User

my cortana not working

Cortana says no to my region I live in the uk is it the fact that Cortana does not work in the uk ?

mikie 999, Jul 30, 2015
  3. "Hey Cortana" not working on Lumia 950 XL

I'm in Australia and can't get Cortana to work with the Australian Speech installed. I use the UK voice and find it much classier than the Aussie version anyway.

SCOUSEinOZ, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

UK Cortana doesn't voice facts etc.

1. UK Cortana doesn't voice facts etc. - Similar Threads - Cortana doesn't voice

2. Fact: If you ask Cortana (the voice assistant of Windows 10) anything about Master Chief,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fact: If you ask Cortana (the voice assistant of Windows 10) anything about Master Chief,...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/wvsf4glyvqb81.png?width=502&format=png&auto=webp&s=857a350a636bcbb21cb73afb5556de9a6f221969 submitted by /u/RaceReign [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/s46ykz/fact_if_you_ask_cortana_the_voice_assistant_of/
  3. Cortana in the UK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana in the UK: Hi Just updated my notebook to v2004, it seems that Cortana no longer works in the UK... not that I used it much, is this correct? Other than that the upgrade seems to work OK although it did take 5 hours to update via WU *Sad Stuart 162545
  4. Cortana in the UK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana in the UK: Hi Just updated my notebook to v2004, it seems that Cortana no longer works in the UK... not that I used it much, is this correct? Other than that the upgrade seems to work OK although it did take 5 hours to update via WU *Sad Stuart 162545
  5. Cortana doesn't recognize my voice?

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't recognize my voice?: When I first got my laptop, I set up Cortana so that she could recognize my voice but now apparently she doesn't no matter what mic I use and I can't seem to find to setting to redo the calibration. Whenever I click Cortana and click settings, it sends me to the actual app...
  6. Cortana and 2004 - UK

in Cortana
    Cortana and 2004 - UK: When I update to Windows 10 20H1/2004 it all goes well, except Cortana reports as "not currently available in the UK". The Cortana Tab in settings in missing. I've checked that I'm am signed in everywhere I am and also tried resetting the Cortana app, but nothing works. I've...
  7. cortana doesn't respond correctly to my voice and some of the voices words are changed...

in Cortana
    cortana doesn't respond correctly to my voice and some of the voices words are changed...: cortana doesn't respond correctly to my voice and some of the voices words are changed alone by her for example I call say call of duty it plays call of duty on spotify if I say farah call of duty never responds and changes the words windows 10 1909 Yesterday or normal, how...
  8. Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK): Recently updated to the 2004 build, now whenever launching Cortana it tells me it's unavailable in English UK. I've tried resetting, updating app and setting all language packs to UK, but still get the same issue. It worked perfectly prior to this update. Any ideas? thanks...
  9. Cortana's voice

in Cortana
    Cortana's voice: What do I need to do to access Cortana's voice on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortanas-voice/22a2bf5d-66d1-49a6-a0f1-9b9d0dff6e61"
  10. Cortana's Voice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana's Voice: So I asked Cortana if I could change her voice. She replied that her voice was the only available for my region. I wanted a mail voice, not her female voice. Even Apple's Siri lets you select alternate voices. Thoughts? But the way, Cortana seems to work pretty well....