Windows 10: UK Cortana doesn't voice facts etc.

Discus and support UK Cortana doesn't voice facts etc. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Is Cortana in the UK fully functional yet or have I missed something? 90% of the time if I ask it/her a fact, it just opens the browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RJSmith92, Jul 30, 2015.

1. RJSmith92 Win User

UK Cortana doesn't voice facts etc.

Hello,

Is Cortana in the UK fully functional yet or have I missed something?

90% of the time if I ask it/her a fact, it just opens the browser with it typed into Bing.

Rarely (asking Obama's age for example) it will show the results in the Cortana box, but still doesn't voice the answer, rather just saying 'Here's what I found'.

I've seen the US version be able to do this, and can be asked a wide range of facts and have the answer read aloud. It is possible to enable this now in the UK or will it be integrated at a later date?

Regards.

:)

RJSmith92, Jul 30, 2015
  2. mikie 999 Win User

my cortana not working

Cortana says no to my region I live in the uk is it the fact that Cortana does not work in the uk ?

mikie 999, Jul 30, 2015
  3. "Hey Cortana" not working on Lumia 950 XL

I'm in Australia and can't get Cortana to work with the Australian Speech installed. I use the UK voice and find it much classier than the Aussie version anyway.

SCOUSEinOZ, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

UK Cortana doesn't voice facts etc.

1. UK Cortana doesn't voice facts etc. - Similar Threads - Cortana doesn't voice

2. Cortana doesn't anything

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't anything: I try to find things for my Cortana and Cortana doesn't nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-doesnt-anything/35043d35-0f3e-4e5a-850c-b0b06fe8d2c2"
  3. Cortana has no voice, fresh install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana has no voice, fresh install.: Just installed Windows 10 on my new SSD and everything is great except Cortana has no voice, she respond to "hey Cortana" and when she does I hear the "Whom" sound to indicate it's running. But when she's supposed to actually speak nothing happens. The Volume indicators...
  4. Cortana Connected Home UK Philips Hue

in Cortana
    Cortana Connected Home UK Philips Hue: On my previous installation of Windows 10 pro, I was able to control my Philips Hue lights using voice commands with Cortana. I have since tried to do the same on a different computer and am running into the following issues: I'm in the UK and Cortana 'Connected Home'...
  5. Cortana's Voice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana's Voice: So I asked Cortana if I could change her voice. She replied that her voice was the only available for my region. I wanted a mail voice, not her female voice. Even Apple's Siri lets you select alternate voices. Thoughts? But the way, Cortana seems to work pretty well....
  6. Is it possible to change Cortana's TTS voice?

Is it possible to change Cortana's TTS voice?: Is it possible to change Cortana's TTS voice to something from a different TTS voice provider such as, for example, IVONA? Alternatively would it be possible to morph the voice somehow, so it sounds different, kind of like those voice changer programs that people typically...
  7. Voice Recognition in Cortana

Voice Recognition in Cortana: The Voice Recognition in Cortana was working. I had to Restart my computer. It quit working. I re-installed my microphone but it still would not work. My microphone is located in my Monitor along with my Web Cam. Why did this happen? It was working fine and after Restart it...
  8. Closing Cortana with a voice command

Closing Cortana with a voice command: Hi! I would like to ask someone more informed than me, or members of the insider program, if there are plans or rumors about adding this feature to Cortana: ability to close her with a voice command. Something like "Thank you" or "See ya" would be very nice and useful!!!...
  9. Cortana voice recognition on button click

Cortana voice recognition on button click: Hi everyone, I recently upgraded my media center to Windows 10, because I wanted to use Cortana. Basically, what I want to do is, press a button on my remote and then "talk" to Cortana. However I cannot find any hotkey, that essentially does the click on the "listen"...
  10. Cortana voice input problem

Cortana voice input problem: After saying " open control panel" to cortana , it displays "opening" forever, will never open control panel. Have tested other windows app such as "On screen keyboard", the result is the same. [img] 95976