Windows 10: UK keyboard input keeps coming back after returning from "sleep"

Discus and support UK keyboard input keeps coming back after returning from "sleep" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I keep having English UK keyboard added: [ATTACH] when I seek to remove it, it doesn't exist at first: [ATTACH] for some reason I do have the UK... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MotyRosilio, Feb 2, 2019.

1. UK keyboard input keeps coming back after returning from "sleep"

I keep having English UK keyboard added:

UK keyboard input keeps coming back after returning from "sleep" 3f0c4be2-1408-40b1-9b50-042eed29cc90?upload=true.png

when I seek to remove it, it doesn't exist at first:

UK keyboard input keeps coming back after returning from "sleep" e8d37c73-8224-439c-87b9-6a3db50ef798?upload=true.png

for some reason I do have the UK option under the languages drop down:

UK keyboard input keeps coming back after returning from "sleep" 5ef91af0-9bfe-4253-b119-6b006542eb7b?upload=true.png

after toggling there I can go back to english US and then remove the english UK temporarily.

please supply a fix to this problem

:)

MotyRosilio, Feb 2, 2019
  2. AlexNich1 Win User

UK Input method keeps coming back

Yup, this came back recently for me too.

I use UK spelling /etc, but am in the US and have a US keyboard. I've checked the suggested things above, and no dice. I removed the keyboard from the english (uk) listing, but it reappears in the task bar when the computer comes back from "sleep"

AlexNich1, Feb 2, 2019
  3. UK Input method keeps coming back

Hello,

Thank you for writing to us in Microsoft Communities.

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. Let me assist you with additional information from here.

As an initial recommendation, i suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the extra keyboard input language from the Language panel settings. To do so, simply select it from the list of installed languages and click or tap the
    Remove button on top.

Also ensure the System locale is set to United States.
    follow the below steps.

• open the Change date, time, or number formats tab from the Language panel settings.
    • As the Region dialog appears, choose Administrative and click
      Change system locale.
    • Select a new system locale and tap OK.
    • Click on Restart now to make the setting effective.

If the above suggestions proves successful, I suggest you to create a System Restore Point, in case if the changes come back.

Ref: Create a system restore point

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 2, 2019
  4. UK keyboard input keeps coming back after returning from "sleep"

UK Input method keeps coming back

Hi Sayan,

thank you for your quick response.

I followed your suggestion to change the system locale. as it was already set to
    English (United States), i changed it to Hebrew (Israel) and restarted. the problem came back so I changed it again back to English (United States) but it came back again.

As for your suggestion to remove the the extra keyboard input language from the Language panel setting, it is not relevant since it is not listed there.

UK keyboard input keeps coming back after returning from "sleep" 45801a64-369d-4a56-9c40-4e6163b65d6d.png

me me me too, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

UK keyboard input keeps coming back after returning from "sleep"

1. UK keyboard input keeps coming back after returning from "sleep" - Similar Threads - keyboard input keeps

2. USb mouse/keyboard not working after coming back from sleep mode in WIndows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USb mouse/keyboard not working after coming back from sleep mode in WIndows11: Like the self-explanatory title, my usb keyboard or mouse doesnt work after waking up from sleep mode. I have to restart to make them working again. Everything is fine as long as I do not go to sleep mode. I have changed the setting in device manager to not suspend power in...
  3. USb mouse/keyboard not working after coming back from sleep mode in WIndows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USb mouse/keyboard not working after coming back from sleep mode in WIndows11: Like the self-explanatory title, my usb keyboard or mouse doesnt work after waking up from sleep mode. I have to restart to make them working again. Everything is fine as long as I do not go to sleep mode. I have changed the setting in device manager to not suspend power in...
  4. Screen not coming back on after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen not coming back on after sleep: Since the latest update, the screen on my notebook will not come on after waking up from sleep. I can close my lid then re-open it later and it powers on, the keyboard lights up, I hear sounds, but no screen. I have to force shutdown (hold power button) and completely re-boot...
  5. doesn't come back from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    doesn't come back from sleep: I have a monitor a keyboard and a mouse connected to my laptop, I don't have space on my desk for both my laptop and monitor so I just use my monitor with the laptop closed but when It goes to sleep I cant used my keyboard or mouse to wake it up, I have to open the laptop...
  6. Brightness not coming back after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brightness not coming back after sleep mode: I recently updated the internal hard drive on my laptop that runs windows 10. Since then when the computer goes into sleep mode and I go to use it again, the screen is very dark and it will not brighten unless I turn it off and then back on. I have updated the Radeon driver...
  7. Uninstalled apps return and keep coming back after reboot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Uninstalled apps return and keep coming back after reboot in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you are facing a situation where you have uninstalled apps, but they keep […] This article Uninstalled apps return and keep coming back after reboot in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Uncontrolled keyboard-like input not coming from my keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Uncontrolled keyboard-like input not coming from my keyboard: I just had a problem occur for the second time in a few days. Some keyboard-like input was going into my computer, making it very difficult to exert much control. The input seems to have consisted of two tabs, two digits, a period, two digits, another tab and then "1S" or...
  9. Return From Sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Return From Sleep: My pc goes into sleep mode after 15 minutes, when I then press the spacebar to return to normal operation I get a random picture on screen, plus so odd overlayed messages. Then press enter and it asks for a password, press enter again and it logs in and goes back to normal -...
  10. Returning from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Returning from sleep: I have rather a strange problem. On returning from sleep mode when I open a program (any program) the PC will open multi copies of the program that I've clicked on. Taskbar won't open. Windows is up to date and my bios has been patched. Tried uninstalling KB4056892 - no...