Windows 10: UkLog.dat.old ??

Discus and support UkLog.dat.old ?? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A couple of weeks ago, I notice this .dat file on my C:\ drive. Does anyone know what UkLog.dat.old belongs to and whether it can be deleted without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DeniseJM, May 17, 2019.

1. DeniseJM Win User

UkLog.dat.old ??

A couple of weeks ago, I notice this .dat file on my C:\ drive. Does anyone know what UkLog.dat.old belongs to and whether it can be deleted without causing my pc/a program problems? I have Windows 10 v 1803.

:)

DeniseJM, May 17, 2019

2. Photos turned into .dat files

Hi, I have some photos transferred into an external hard drive when I was changing from an old laptop to new one. I've went into the external hard drive and the photos have all turned into dat files. Is there anyway I can these dat files turned back into
    any type of photo attachment? The old laptop was vista and the new laptop is windows 10 Thanks

Ciaran Bradley, May 17, 2019
  3. Txonazan Win User
    Disable WebCacheV01.dat

Hi all, especially Sujay I hope.

I have just updated Windows 10 to the Aniversary version.
    I have followed all the steps set out by Sujay to eliminate Windows – Continuous Disk Write + WebCacheV01.dat + V01.log – Issue

I have disabled “CacheTask“. To find this, open Task Scheduler from Administrative Tools, navigate to Microsoft > Windows > Wininet.
    And I have eliminated the GUID
    {3EB3C877-1F16-487C-9050-104DBCD66683}

But I still have WebCacheV01.dat in this folder: C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache

And this file is 26MB and always come up when I run CCleaner.
    Any help would be much appreciated to totally eliminate this.

Oh, one other thing, if I open REGEDIT and search for the GUID
    {3EB3C877-1F16-487C-9050-104DBCD66683}
    I only find it in:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WOW6432Node\CLSID\{0358b920-0ac7-461f-98f4-58e32cd89148}
    Predetermined Type REG_SZ Data Wininit Cache Task Object
    AppID Type REG_SZ {3EB3C877-1F16-487C-9050-104DBCD66683}

I would be gratefull for any help possible

Txonazan, May 17, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

UkLog.dat.old ??

Remove old fingerprint/face from deleted account

Hi,

Windows is specifically configured to keep Windows Hello biometric data secure and hard to tamper with. The data is kept locally on the device and in the event that the associated account is deleted, we suggest using a different finger to setup Windows Hello
    again. Just to confirm, have you already tried using the fingerprint from a different finger?

In case you're still unable to set up Windows Hello using a different fingerprint, follow these steps to delete the data:

• Click Start.
    • Type Services and select it from the list of results.
    • Right-click the Windows Biometrics Service from the list and click
      Stop.
    • Open File Explorer.
    • Navigate to this location: C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase.
    • Delete all the .DAT files in the folder. If you can't see anything in the folder, click the
      View tab in File Explorer and check Hidden Items.
    • After deleting the .DAT files, try setting up Windows Hello again.

Let us know if you're able to setup Windows Hello after following these steps.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, May 17, 2019
Thema:

UkLog.dat.old ??

1. UkLog.dat.old ?? - Similar Threads - UkLog dat old

2. DAT file concerns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DAT file concerns: Just now, I deleted a lot of temp files. I was going really fast and I ended up deleting some DAT files. I read about these just now and I learnt that they contained critical about programs used to create specific files. I also read that DAT files can have Windows registry....
  3. DAT file concerns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DAT file concerns: Just now, I deleted a lot of temp files. I was going really fast and I ended up deleting some DAT files. I read about these just now and I learnt that they contained critical about programs used to create specific files. I also read that DAT files can have Windows registry....
  4. .dat file are appeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .dat file are appeared: hello Suddenly some files are appeared on my desktop which are of .dat extention .files names are : backup.dat and settings.dat so i want to know that this kinda file can harm the laptop or not ?thank you...
  5. .dat file are appeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .dat file are appeared: hello Suddenly some files are appeared on my desktop which are of .dat extention .files names are : backup.dat and settings.dat so i want to know that this kinda file can harm the laptop or not ?thank you...
  6. .DAT video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .DAT video: How to view .DAT video file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dat-video/3b66e0b2-8042-479e-bcdd-d0d14a83b7eb
  7. .DAT Properties?

.DAT Properties?: Hello. What is .DAT Properties mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dat-properties/061cc1f5-549f-4f66-ade4-259534a0eba6
  8. Delete a DAT file

Delete a DAT file: Hello, My program SuperAntiSpyware detected a malware file named "UsrClass.dat", because this is a Data file when I try to delete it an error message appears "this action can't be taken because the file is open in the system". How can I delete this file? Thanks,...
  9. .Dat

.Dat: a pop up window on my lap top screen keeps popping up asking...'how do you want '.Dat' file to open??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dat/c86468b5-08a2-45b3-aa6b-0f576f581b3c"
  10. Disable WebCacheV01.dat

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable WebCacheV01.dat: I use local, the directory will be C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache. I would like to be able to stop this caching. Things I have tried. I have been successful at changing the security properties and disabled the inherence. Removed all users...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. UkLog.dat

2. uklog

3. how to stop uklog.dat

4. how to stop webcachev01.dat,
  5. what is uklog.dat,
  6. how to delete UKLog.dat,
  7. uklog.dat win10,
  8. DSTokenDB2.dat,
  9. UkLog.dat,
  10. {0358b920-0ac7-461f-98f4-58e32cd89148},
  11. what si uklog.dat ,