Windows 10: Ultimate Power Setting

Discus and support Ultimate Power Setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to change the power setting from Ultimate to Balanced and when I hit the Balanced button it changes right back to ultimate. It shuts off my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tigeromega, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Ultimate Power Setting

I am trying to change the power setting from Ultimate to Balanced and when I hit the Balanced button it changes right back to ultimate. It shuts off my monitor after about 3 or 4 minutes. Yesterday I did a reinstall and was able to remove the Ultimate setting with a warning that I can not restore it.Then I turned on my PC this morning it was set back to ultimate AGAIN. It does not matter what I set the monitor timeout it still shuts down the monitor. A pain in the ass when I'm updating software. I am running Version 1909. Any way to remove Ultimate setting without having to a reinstall again?

:)

Tigeromega, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Asesjix Win User

How to enable Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10?

The "Ultimate Performance" power plan exists since Windows 10 Version 1803.
    To activate the Power Plan, the following steps must be taken:

1. Open cmd.exe as Administrator
    2. Duplicate the scheme with: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
    3. Copy the guid from ultimate plan
    4. Set the ultimate plan active with: powercfg /setactive <GUID>

Ultimate Power Setting RZIke.png

Asesjix, Dec 12, 2019
  3. POWER SETTINGS

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Let us know few thing to analyze the issue.

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Are you able to wake the computer back from sleep?
    This issue might occur due to some corruption in the power settings.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Let’s run Power troubleshooter.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

• Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.

• Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Create new Power Plan.

Please refer to “Can I create a power plan?” section of the link below:

Power plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Steps for Windows 8 or 8.1 applies to
    Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Ultimate Power Setting

Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Ultimate Power Setting

1. Ultimate Power Setting - Similar Threads - Ultimate Power Setting

2. how to add Ultimate performance power plan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to add Ultimate performance power plan?: Hello Microsoft, I would love to get some help. I bought a new PC, a high end one, and I want to play on Ultimate performance power plan but it didn't show up. I tried to add it using the commad prompt and the method where I import it as a file but it didn't work so please...
  3. how to add Ultimate performance power plan?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to add Ultimate performance power plan?: Hello Microsoft, I would love to get some help. I bought a new PC, a high end one, and I want to play on Ultimate performance power plan but it didn't show up. I tried to add it using the commad prompt and the method where I import it as a file but it didn't work so please...
  4. how to add Ultimate performance power plan?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ultimate power ?? Subscription that doesnt exist.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ultimate power ?? Subscription that doesnt exist.: I have no idea what it is. some kind of subscription popps up on my microsoft subscriptions that doesnt exist. Nor do i get charged when i subscribe to it. attached screenshots below. Microsoft can you tell me whats going on....
  6. Ultimate power ?? Subscription that doesnt exist.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ultimate power ?? Subscription that doesnt exist.: I have no idea what it is. some kind of subscription popps up on my microsoft subscriptions that doesnt exist. Nor do i get charged when i subscribe to it. attached screenshots below. Microsoft can you tell me whats going on....
  7. Ultimate Performance in Power Options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ultimate Performance in Power Options: Can I keep Ultimate Performance on forever? 183074
  8. Ultimate power plan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ultimate power plan: I build my dad a budget gaming PC I got him a win10 and Im curious if the Ultimate performance powerplan can damage the PC and can it help in games,I saw on internet that it keeps everything on 100% and that maybe it OC some things Specifications: Cpu: Ryzen 3 1200 3.1ghz...
  9. Ultimate Power Setting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ultimate Power Setting: I am trying to change the power setting from Ultimate to Balanced and when I hit the Balanced button it changes right back to ultimate. It shuts off my monitor after about 3 or 4 minutes. Yesterday I did a reinstall and was able to remove the Ultimate setting with a warning...
  10. High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.: What is the real difference between the High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-performance-power-plan-and-ultimate/6625509a-a16e-4c61-a36f-a7c9a5d7ce5c