Windows 10: ultra deep color , hdr , what ever your tv calls it not working on pc

Discus and support ultra deep color , hdr , what ever your tv calls it not working on pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; win 10 64 bit ultra deep color , hdr , what ever your tv calls it when turned on using pc and tv as monitor , causing no boot on pc / no signal on tv... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dogsday, Feb 3, 2021.

1. dogsday Win User

ultra deep color , hdr , what ever your tv calls it not working on pc

win 10 64 bit

ultra deep color , hdr , what ever your tv calls it when turned on using pc and tv as monitor , causing no boot on pc / no signal on tv

problem i was having

lg 43un7300aud to pc running at 4k 60hrz ultra deep color on through tv on rx470 , works perfect until i turn off pc , when i turn on pc again i get no signal until i turn off ultra deep color and restart pc

fix go in to bios and change boot mode from uefi to uefi + legacy

:)

dogsday, Feb 3, 2021
  2. bobkn Win User

Intel HD Graphics 4000 and LG TV with Deep Color

LG's Deep Color is a setting to enable HDR (high dynamic range) color. That is 10 bits per RGB color (HDR10) or 12 bits (Dolby Vision).

I don't know whether the Intel HD 4000 supports HDR color. A quick web search gives a 2012 release date, so I'd guess no.

My nVidia RTX 2080 Super supports HDR, and it's connected to an LG LCD monitor (not a TV) which also supports it. I believe that the graphics card will not do HDR unless the monitor returns data that it's HDR compatible. I'm uisng a Display Port 1.4 connection. There is also a Settings switch that has to be turned on:

ultra deep color , hdr , what ever your tv calls it not working on pc [​IMG]

The switch isn't available unless both the graphics adapter and monitor support HDR.

Incidentally due to HDMI 2.0 bandwidth limitations, UHD (3840 X 2160) resolution at 60 fps and no chroma compression (4: 4: 4) is available only in 8 bit color (no HDR). The bit rate for that is 17.2 Gbps, and the limit for HDMI 2.0 is 18 Gbps. That requires a certfied premium HDMI 2.0 cable; an HDMI 1.4 "high speed" cable may not be adequate.

ultra deep color , hdr , what ever your tv calls it not working on pc [​IMG]

bobkn, Feb 3, 2021
  3. spapakons Win User
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 and LG TV with Deep Color

Hello!

I'm a bit confused and I need someone to clarify some features for me. While looking at the Picture Settings in my LG UHD TV, I found that HDMI1 supports Deep Color 4:4:4 in YCbCr, so I enabled it. I have a tablet PC (tablet/laptop combo) Fujitsu Stylistic Q702 which has Intel HD 4000 graphics card. I connected the laptop to the TV with HDMI cable at HDMI1. I also changed the output from RGB to YCbCr. Windows still reports I have 8-bit per color channel and I found no way to enable 10-bit or 12-bit per color channel. Not from Windows Settings, not from Intel Graphics Properties. What exactly is "Deep Color"? I just have wider than sRGB color gamut, or it means I can also have 10-bit or 12-bit per color channel? If this is the case, how do I enable it with my hardware? Apparently the Intel driver allows only the standard 32-bit color at any resolution, including 1920x1080. Is there any Registry hack to enable richer color than that? Does my TV supports anything higher? I know it doesn't support HDR, but I don't think HDR and 10-bit or 12-bit must be enabled together! Hopefully I can enable 10-bit or 12-bit without enabling HDR. How?

Thank you in advance.

spapakons, Feb 3, 2021
  4. ultra deep color , hdr , what ever your tv calls it not working on pc

HDR with custom color space

I've been learning my dxdiag log and have noticed weird things.

Windows set wrong color primaries for my TV

Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G2084_NONE_P2020

Color Primaries: Red(0.659180,0.339844), Green(0.244141,0.669922), Blue(0.129883,0.040039), White Point(0.312500,0.329102)

If you draw color space with these coordinates - it would not be same as dci-p3 or most of TV color spaces.

For example, my TV can handle 0.68 0.32 red point instead of 0.659180,0.339844

Is there any way to change windows hdr color space to custom values or just dci-p3?

Because at the moment windows HDR works with some weird color space and red color in forza looks wrong for me.

Carsarcarsar, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

ultra deep color , hdr , what ever your tv calls it not working on pc

1. ultra deep color , hdr , what ever your tv calls it not working on pc - Similar Threads - ultra deep color

2. What's your fav color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's your fav color: Bshsgsvsh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-your-fav-color/73687725-0fa9-43b7-9e92-23a1c5aca4a8
  3. What's your fav color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's your fav color: Bshsgsvsh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-your-fav-color/73687725-0fa9-43b7-9e92-23a1c5aca4a8
  4. Will the Movies & TV app on Windows 10/11 ever support HDR?

Will the Movies & TV app on Windows 10/11 ever support HDR?: I really want to watch movies in HDR that I purchased through the Windows store, but it seems like the Movies & TV app doesn't support HDR. Are there plans to add it later down the line?...
  5. Will the Movies & TV app on Windows 10/11 ever support HDR?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will the Movies & TV app on Windows 10/11 ever support HDR?: I really want to watch movies in HDR that I purchased through the Windows store, but it seems like the Movies & TV app doesn't support HDR. Are there plans to add it later down the line?...
  6. Colors are all so deep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Colors are all so deep: I went away for a week and left one of my family members who knows very little about computers to take care of my dog, I come back and now all the colors are screwed up. For instance, discord is now a lot lighter than it's supposed to be, reds are now extremely deep, and...
  7. Ultra call recorder wont install

Ultra call recorder wont install: I paid for ultra call recorder and it will not install. My computer meets the system requirements so i dont understand it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ultra-call-recorder-wont-install/86a02c0d-7b2a-4f87-8cc4-e8f87b8f42cd
  8. No groups in people or what ever you call it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No groups in people or what ever you call it.: Is there any chance that Microsoft will ever fix the problem of no groups in people or whatever you call it. It is unbelievable that a company as great as Microsoft want give there paying users such a simple upgrade. It was in you old software. It so frustrating to try to...
  9. PC doesn't recognize Q90R TV as HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC doesn't recognize Q90R TV as HDR: Dear community, The problem that I am facing is that Windows does see the TV as 4K, but not as HDR. See images below: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] As you can see, I have a capable GPU and I also have a Samsung Q90R, which is also HDR capable. Any help is appreciated an if more...
  10. Intel HD Graphics 4000 and LG TV with Deep Color

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 and LG TV with Deep Color: Hello! I'm a bit confused and I need someone to clarify some features for me. While looking at the Picture Settings in my LG UHD TV, I found that HDMI1 supports Deep Color 4:4:4 in YCbCr, so I enabled it. I have a tablet PC (tablet/laptop combo) Fujitsu Stylistic Q702 which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc not work enable hdmi deep color

2. HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color no signal