Windows 10: UMDF Host Problem causing System crash

Discus and support UMDF Host Problem causing System crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm experiencing frequent system crashes these days, and it comes to my attention that there's a critical event in the event viewer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NaughtyMe_L, Jun 23, 2020.

1. UMDF Host Problem causing System crash

Hi there,

I'm experiencing frequent system crashes these days, and it comes to my attention that there's a critical event in the event viewer indicating a 'UMDF Host Problem'. Here's the full report. And there's no minidump file could be found, but there's one WudfHost_ext__15240.dmp being created almost the same time as my system crashed so I thought this might be highly relevent. I've upload the dump file to dropbox for you guys to check out. Thanks a lot.

P.S. The dump file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/85ff6div15tscna/WudfHost_ext__15240.dmp?dl=0

P.P.S. The full report:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode" Guid="{2e35aaeb-857f-4beb-a418-2e6c0e54d988}" />

<EventID>10110</EventID>

<Version>1</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>64</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x2000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-06-23T00:51:33.2492597Z" />

<EventRecordID>2353</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="972" ThreadID="1040" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-L64VG03</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<UserData>

<UMDFHostProblem xmlns="http://www.microsoft.com/DriverFrameworks/UserMode/Event">

<LifetimeId>{23d8f336-1c73-49c7-893d-5512d629ab14}</LifetimeId>

<Problem>8</Problem>

<DetectedBy>2</DetectedBy>

<ActiveOperation>0</ActiveOperation>

<ExitCode>1879048193</ExitCode>

<Message>0</Message>

<Status>4294967295</Status>

</UMDFHostProblem>

</UserData>

</Event>

:)

NaughtyMe_L, Jun 23, 2020

2. UMDF Host Problem Event 10110 Problem Code 11 USB Error ?

Hi,

A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated. This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices.

For now try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Select “Device Manager”.
    • Locate and expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
    • Right-click on theUSB root hub "
      and click onuninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once the driver uninstalls.
    You can also install driver by the following steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Device Manager.
    • Right Click on the USB root hub & Select Update Driver Software.
    • Select browse my computer for a driver software.
    • Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Select the driver option according your device model and install.
    Refer the links below.

How UMDF Reports Errors - Windows drivers

Using UMDF Verifier

Using UMDF Verifier - Windows drivers

Please get back to us with the results of the issue in regards with
    UMDF Host Problem and any other questions you might have regarding Windows operating system. We are happy to assist.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Error 0x2efd in XMLHttpRequests crashes Hosted Web UWP App

Hi,

i also posted this question in the developer forums, cause it is more appropriate there:

[UWP][HTML]Error 0x2efd in XMLHttpRequests crashes Hosted Web UWP App

But to give you the asked infos:

• It is a self developed Hosted WebApp
    • The Windows is updated, Version in previous post
    • The issue started when i first tested the App offline
    • The troubleshooting steps are all described in my post
    • No Screenshot, cause the app crashes silently, when debugging the Exception comes from the WWAHost
    Greetings

Lars Wolter

LarsWolter, Jun 23, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

UMDF Host Problem causing System crash

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

UMDF Host Problem causing System crash

1. UMDF Host Problem causing System crash - Similar Threads - UMDF Host Problem

2. NVLDDMKM.SYS Problem causing system crashes/reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVLDDMKM.SYS Problem causing system crashes/reboots: Hello,I have searched for this answer elsewhere, and the topic there was both old and not very helpful.My computer is randomly crashing and restarting. I have used Windows Debug to analyze the .dmp file. The end reads as follows:SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+10f5720 MODULE_NAME:...
  3. NVLDDMKM.SYS Problem causing system crashes/reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVLDDMKM.SYS Problem causing system crashes/reboots: Hello,I have searched for this answer elsewhere, and the topic there was both old and not very helpful.My computer is randomly crashing and restarting. I have used Windows Debug to analyze the .dmp file. The end reads as follows:SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+10f5720 MODULE_NAME:...
  4. NVLDDMKM.SYS Problem causing system crashes/reboots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System keeps crashing causing the GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System keeps crashing causing the GPU: A few days ago I was cleaning my computer including every single part. I opened up the graphics card, cleaned it with IPA and replaced the thermal paste on the GPU. I turned on the computer and everything was fine. After a few minutes, I launched the remastered Spider-Man...
  6. Event Error Causing System Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Error Causing System Crashes: THis has been happening for a while, but I believe I finally located the cause of seemingly random crashes, something that always appears in the event log at the time of the crash:The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...
  7. Startup of the UMDF reflector

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Startup of the UMDF reflector: in the event viewer I get this information message first: UMDF reflector is unable to connect to service control manager SCM. This is expected during boot, when SCM has not started yet. Will retry when it startsEvent ID: 10118 and immediately after that, warning: The...
  8. Memory problem causing crash

Memory problem causing crash: Hi, My computer keeps crashing randomly. I have run the Windows Memory Diagnostic and it immediately shows hardware problem detected. Then I ran the Driver Verifier, which stimulates several blue-screen crashes. Here I uploaded the minidump file, MSinfo32 file, and my...
  9. Strange Problem: PhotoApp crashes host system but runs fine in hyper-v

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Strange Problem: PhotoApp crashes host system but runs fine in hyper-v: I have Photoshop Elements running fine in a Hyper-v image, but the application crashes (reboots) Win 10 1809 in graphic intensive conditions when running in the HOST system. It's most likely related to GPU since it is not enabled in hyper-v. There is much less allocated...
  10. EapHost Error Causing System Crash

EapHost Error Causing System Crash: Hi, I have a brand new Dell Latitude 5591 with Windows 10 Pro v10.0.18362. Shortly after purchasing this computer I started experiencing freezing and crashing, with the mouse and keyboard not working and the screen going black. The only thing that will make it work is to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. umdf host problem