Windows 10: Umm? Do I force it 20H2 or do I wait? Help?

Discus and support Umm? Do I force it 20H2 or do I wait? Help? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HappyGamer76YT [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HappyGamer76YT, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Umm? Do I force it 20H2 or do I wait? Help?

/u/HappyGamer76YT, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Drew1903 Win User

No good at waiting for 20H2

20H2 started to roll out October 20, 2020.

Even though I had (some) 20H2 features unlocked, already, I didn’t feel like / couldn’t be bothered wondering, checking and waiting for it to show via WU, so, I used MCT and now, have

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎21-‎Oct-‎2020

OS build 19042.572

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

And, NOW, Edge IS, actually, imbedded (with 20H2). ��

Uninstall button is not live (as it was); it IS live for Dev & Canary.

Umm? Do I force it 20H2 or do I wait? Help? 896de953-e9fc-41bf-8265-aee03d06d04c?upload=true.jpg

Also, saved the .iso

I swear there is a noticeable performance 'nudge', too.

Cheers,

Drew

Umm? Do I force it 20H2 or do I wait? Help? c2869c40-0371-4615-85b5-5f951d65e0b5?upload=true.jpg

Drew1903, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Bobmeg Win User
    WHY WAIT? FORCE MANGO

Threre are a total of three updates must be installed on the path to Mango: 7392, 7403, and 7720, which is Mango itself. The process will take a while. Some people may already have 7392, in which case things will move a bit faster. Recommended: Rremove any
    music and unessential apps from the phone beforehand, as that can significantly cut down on the time it takes to backup and restore the phone's data.

Steps to force a Mango update on phones for which Mango has started rolling out:

• Connect your Windows Phone to a PC and launch the Zune software
    • Click on Phone > Settings > Update. Allow the software to tell you whether an update is available. If so, skip this guide. If not continue to the next step.
    • Time to force the update. Click another button (any of the options above or below the word Update). Then click the Update button again, and this time disconnect your computer from the internet after 1-2 seconds. Do this by pulling out the Ethernet cable,
      disabling Wi-Fi, etc. If it says your phone is already up to date, you didn't disconnect quickly enough and need to try this step again.
    • Wait 30 seconds or so and Zune should display a notification that an update is available. This is 7392, the first Mango pre-update.
    • Now reconnect to the internet and continue with the update process through the Zune software.
    • After 7392 is fully installed, you may receive a notification that another update is available. If so, install it now. If not, proceed to the next step.
    • If the second update isn't popping up on its own, repeat steps 3-5, causing the 7403 update to appear.
    • Install 7403.
    • Mango time! At this point, Zune should automatically start installing the last update, 7720, aka Mango. If it doesn't happen automatically, force it using the previous steps.

Force Mango update early through Zune software and avoid frostbite

Bobmeg, Nov 22, 2020
  4. fpefpe Win User

Umm? Do I force it 20H2 or do I wait? Help?

Still waiting ??

Hello --- I have a laptop that is just a few years old and as of this post, it is still waiting for win 10 / build 2004 --- my other computers that are much older, already have the 20H2 build applied --- what could be holding this up?

what could be the down-side of forcing the 20H2 update?

fpefpe, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Umm? Do I force it 20H2 or do I wait? Help?

1. Umm? Do I force it 20H2 or do I wait? Help? - Similar Threads - Umm force 20H2

2. umm help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    umm help?: I need some help.So to sum it up, I have a hp laptop that came preinstalled with windows 10 home. I thought it would be fun to see if windows 8.1 worked and after messing around with dual-booting and activation, I somehow got windows 10 home and windows 8.1 pro to be both...
  3. umm help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    umm help?: I need some help.So to sum it up, I have a hp laptop that came preinstalled with windows 10 home. I thought it would be fun to see if windows 8.1 worked and after messing around with dual-booting and activation, I somehow got windows 10 home and windows 8.1 pro to be both...
  4. I’ve waited 3 hours what do I do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’ve waited 3 hours what do I do: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Im_In_a_closet_help [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l7dj74/ive_waited_3_hours_what_do_i_do/
  5. Do I need the 20H2 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I need the 20H2 update?: Is it required? Will it ever become required in the next 3 years perhaps? I'm very displeased with this update and my computer runs better with the previous Windows 10 version. So I want to revert the update, but not if the update is required or will be for my computer to...
  6. Not waiting for 20H2

Not waiting for 20H2: 20H2 started to roll out October 20, 2020. Even though I had some 20H2 features unlocked, already, I didn’t feel like / couldn’t be bothered wondering, checking and waiting for it to show via WU, so, I used MCT and now, have Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2...
  7. Umm... help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Umm... help?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedXintong [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4ba5c/umm_help/
  8. Do I have to wait

Do I have to wait: Ok a quick question i upgraded to wi dows 10 from windows 8.1 i still have the windows.old file on my pc do i have to wait a month so i can see the option to go back to previous windows...
  9. Why do I have to wait for updates??

Why do I have to wait for updates??: So im in Windows 10 and i see a button. "Update and shutown". I click this deceptive button. I turn the computer on.... Guess what? It must spend the last of my battery installing update. Thanks . So it's really "shutdown, THEN update" does Microsoft have trouble with...
  10. How long do I have to wait?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How long do I have to wait?: We all know that windows 10 updates can take ( in some cases) a considerable length of time to complete. There was a recent update that seemed to breeze through in the normal way - then came the time of configuration - restart - and a further configuration. Screen showed...