Windows 10: Un able to scan Windows 10 system with Windows defender

Discus and support Un able to scan Windows 10 system with Windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I try to do a scan by Windows Defender, in the Virus & threat protection page, I get an information: 'Your virus & threat protection is managed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jayakar Johnson Joseph, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Un able to scan Windows 10 system with Windows defender

When I try to do a scan by Windows Defender, in the Virus & threat protection page, I get an information:

'Your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization'

Kindly help someone for me to resolve this urgent issue.

:)

Jayakar Johnson Joseph, Apr 28, 2019
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Un able to scan Windows 10 system with Windows defender

Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Un able to scan Windows 10 system with Windows defender

1. Un able to scan Windows 10 system with Windows defender - Similar Threads - able scan system

2. Windows Defender is not able to remove a threat found after a full system scan, Please help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender is not able to remove a threat found after a full system scan, Please help?: I have done every possible way of getting rid of these scan results, which seem to be malware. I have tried to get the file path but I couldn't find where it is located, I also tried the Powershell script "Get-MpThreat" to get the file path but there seems to be no...
  3. Windows Defender is not able to remove a threat found after a full system scan, Please help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender is not able to remove a threat found after a full system scan, Please help?: I have done every possible way of getting rid of these scan results, which seem to be malware. I have tried to get the file path but I couldn't find where it is located, I also tried the Powershell script "Get-MpThreat" to get the file path but there seems to be no...
  4. Windows Defender isn't able to scan? Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender isn't able to scan? Windows 11: The Virus Threat service just stops randomly I continue to get the "Unexpected Error" popup, and even if I can access it, it just doesn't let me scan my PC. I click the "scan now" button but nothing happens. What I've done but still hasn't fixed the problem:*Restarted my...
  5. Windows Defender isn't able to scan? Windows 11

Windows Defender isn't able to scan? Windows 11: The Virus Threat service just stops randomly I continue to get the "Unexpected Error" popup, and even if I can access it, it just doesn't let me scan my PC. I click the "scan now" button but nothing happens. What I've done but still hasn't fixed the problem:*Restarted my...
  6. Windows Defending scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defending scanning: When it comes to scanning results and scan options, they don't exactly match with what actually has been done.For example, I was scanning a map share last night on my was from Windows 10 over wi-fi connection, the scan took all night, and since it was over map share it was a...
  7. Windows Defender Offline scan just rebooted the system not scanned.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Offline scan just rebooted the system not scanned.: I've already updated windows. But recently, I've uninstalled mcafee. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-offline-scan-just-rebooted-the/e5dc626c-5d10-4dec-a665-ae7bd2c4b9b6
  8. Windows Defender - Not able to do the Quick Scan

Windows Defender - Not able to do the Quick Scan: I am not able to run the Quick Scan through Windows Defender. I donot have any third party Anivirus Software on my computer. When I tried to run the scan, it showing that "PAGE NOT AVAILABLE... Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item...
  9. Windows Defender Scan in Windows 10

Windows Defender Scan in Windows 10: How does one update definitions and do a Windows Defender scan in Windows 10? In Windows 8.1, clicking Control Panel>Windows Defender brings up the option for a scan and definition update. However, that is not the case in Windows 10 and instead information relating to...
  10. windows defender is not scanning

windows defender is not scanning: that shows a notification that group or resource is not in state https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/windows-defender-is-not-scanning/e77931e3-9d2d-402b-9172-11787928475d