Windows 10: Un-clickable Window on Desktop during full screen

Discus and support Un-clickable Window on Desktop during full screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone I have a strange issue with my Windows 10 system. System details; Windows 10 Pro, 10.0.17763 build 17763 i7-4790@3.6Mhz 16Gb ram, Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wzball, May 8, 2019.

1. wzball Win User

Un-clickable Window on Desktop during full screen

Hi everyone

I have a strange issue with my Windows 10 system.

System details;
    Windows 10 Pro, 10.0.17763 build 17763
    i7-4790@3.6Mhz
    16Gb ram,
    Intel HD 4600 graphics

Essentially what happens is that when I maximise an application, the top section of the app (about an inch from the top) becomes a bit of a whitewash (as in the app doesn't draw properly) and then I can't click in that space.

For me to resolve the issue, I have to Alt-Space, Restore (to take the application out of maximise state) and then I can click in the space again.

It doesn't happen with all applications at the same time. For example, Chrome could be the application playing up, yet when I use another portable app like Keepass, it works fine.

I've tried different allow GPU options, made sure the drivers are up to date (use the Intel Driver & Support assistant).

I was wondering if anyone else has come across this problem and was able to solve it.

Of the three screenshots, there's one with a black band which shows the application not drawing properly, one where the app draws fine after I hit Alt-Space, Restore.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

I found a thread on the Microsoft answers forum 'Windows 10, multi monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of screen.

And I found this, which I am trying now;
    Right click desktop, go to Intel HD Graphics settings. Select Display and then choose the option Scale Full Screen. Make sure the option Override Application Settings has the checkbox marked.

I have multiple monitors, one digital and one analog. DVI / VGA.

:)

wzball, May 8, 2019
  2. passegua Win User

Some Cortana search results are not clickable

I selected all the files but yet some are not clickable.

passegua, May 8, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 8, 2019
  4. TIGR Win User

Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

TIGR, May 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Un-clickable Window on Desktop during full screen - Similar Threads - clickable Window Desktop

2. Local taskbar visible during remote desktop full screen Win11>Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local taskbar visible during remote desktop full screen Win11>Win10: Unable to stop the local task bar from showing in the remote desktop view on a Win11 connected to Win10 machine. So, the remote taskbar is hidden behind it. The only option presented so far is to permanently hide the local task bar. Not a good option.Working just fine on a...
  3. Local taskbar visible during remote desktop full screen Win11>Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local taskbar visible during remote desktop full screen Win11>Win10: Unable to stop the local task bar from showing in the remote desktop view on a Win11 connected to Win10 machine. So, the remote taskbar is hidden behind it. The only option presented so far is to permanently hide the local task bar. Not a good option.Working just fine on a...
  4. Desktop is clickable through taskbar edges

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop is clickable through taskbar edges: I've recently installed a fresh windows, but there's an annoying feature happening, whenever I go to the bottom left/right on my taskbar instead of opening my Start Menu it clicks on my desktop, and it happens the same when I try to use aero.I've just noticed that I can click...
  5. my desktop apps not clickable

my desktop apps not clickable: my desktop apps not clickable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-apps-not-clickable/cf5f4097-3625-42d4-9923-b98a304a55ee
  6. Desktop icons not clickable

Desktop icons not clickable: i am unable to click the icons at the bottom right on my desktop battery, wifi, sound, bluetooth etc - the notification icons on task bar. No activity happens after clicking them. windows is up to date and everything else on the desktop is functioning well. tried to Perform...
  7. Desktop not clickable ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop not clickable ?: Hello Just recently my desktop started to act weird. I cant click on anything unless I do a bunch of other steps and its very annoying to deal with it and I dont have a solution for that. I dont know what might have caused this to happen. Please help. submitted by...
  8. Hiding taskbar during full screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding taskbar during full screen: My taskbar in windows 10 is still on screen during full screen videos and games. Is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/ConcentricGroove [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7fxhd/hiding_taskbar_during_full_screen/
  9. Task bar and application Un-clickable randomly, NEED HELP!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar and application Un-clickable randomly, NEED HELP!: So a few weeks ago I noticed my task bar was un-clickable. And I couldn't touch it at all so I went to the web to search for an answer. Only to find a temporary fix. which is to restart Explorer.EXE through task manager, this only fixes the problem for 3 minutes another...
  10. “Search Windows” Bar Results Un-Clickable Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    “Search Windows” Bar Results Un-Clickable Windows 10: When I use the "Search Windows" bar on the taskbar I cannot click on most of the suggested results. I used "restore" as an example in the attached picture. Options for "restore" come up as shown but the red arrowed results are un-clickable while the blue arrow is. If I just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fullscreen when tab is unclicable