Windows 10: Un-Hide a folder

Discus and support Un-Hide a folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One of my folders has gone walkabouts since an update. My Pictures folder on my D: drive has vanished and I can only find some photo's but they were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Adrian_Jones, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Un-Hide a folder

One of my folders has gone walkabouts since an update.

My Pictures folder on my D: drive has vanished and I can only find some photo's but they were 'hidden' but the folder itself is not showing in the directory so I'm guessing it has somehow been hidden during the last update.

Does anyone know how to 'show' this folder again?

:)

Adrian_Jones, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Suman_B Win User

Temporarily hide a folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to hide photos while working on Photos app, In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. Are you aware of any recent changes made on your PC?
    2. What is the version and build of you operating system? In the
      Search box, type winver
      to get this info.

Since it takes a while for the folder to re-populate after removal from the Photos app, I have found a work around to hide the folder from Photos app by changing the hidden attributes.

Follow the steps to hide the Photo/ folder.

1. Right click on the Photo/ folder.
    2. Select properties.
    3. Check Hidden under General tab and hit apply
    4. The photo will be temporally hidden from photos app.

To unhide the Photo/ folder refer the below steps.

1. Click on files explorer.
    2. Select the View tab and check Hidden items to view the Photo/folder
    3. Right click on the Photo/folder
    4. Select properties, Uncheck Hidden and click on apply.
    5. The Photo will re-appear in the Photos app.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Hello Brink and thank you. This website is a very helpful resource. Un-Hide a folder :)

Your suggested answer will hide the User Profile folder in the Navigation Pane.

Instead, this scenario involves not hiding the User Profile folder but hiding specific Personal Folders in the Navigation Pane that are marked "Hidden" in the Files/Folders Listing Area.

My suspicion is that there are more "PinToNamespace" registry entries for me to toggle the DWORD value.

TechGuy737, Jun 19, 2019
  4. YoKid Win User

Un-Hide a folder

Locking/Hiding Folders.

O, Im hiding the ummm......."Stuff other people don't need to know about" folder. *Stick Out Tongue Un-Hide a folder :p

YoKid, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Un-Hide a folder

1. Un-Hide a folder - Similar Threads - Hide folder

2. Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.: ISSUE:Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents. I use an enormous number of shortcuts in the filing system I have created for my work, and I constantly need to have Dropbox on coordinate with my staff. Sometimes I resort to...
  3. Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.: ISSUE:Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents. I use an enormous number of shortcuts in the filing system I have created for my work, and I constantly need to have Dropbox on coordinate with my staff. Sometimes I resort to...
  4. Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Live Mail now keeps moving my personal folders and hides them.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail now keeps moving my personal folders and hides them.: This seems to be a new version of the former and occasional retrieving of disk space, and it's very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-now-keeps-moving-my-personal/14f6c987-b688-4ef6-931d-df6b11222325
  6. Windows Live Mail now keeps moving my personal folders and hides them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail now keeps moving my personal folders and hides them.: This seems to be a new version of the former and occasional retrieving of disk space, and it's very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-now-keeps-moving-my-personal/14f6c987-b688-4ef6-931d-df6b11222325
  7. Windows Live Mail now keeps moving my personal folders and hides them.

8. Folder View Hide / Show Buttons Reversed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder View Hide / Show Buttons Reversed.: I've recently got a new HP Desktop PC with Windows 11 Home.I've done everything I need to do with it but an odd fault has occurred where the folder view option shows hidden files when the don't show button is clicked & hides them when the show button is clicked.It's not a...
  9. Folder View Hide / Show Buttons Reversed.

Folder View Hide / Show Buttons Reversed.: I've recently got a new HP Desktop PC with Windows 11 Home.I've done everything I need to do with it but an odd fault has occurred where the folder view option shows hidden files when the don't show button is clicked & hides them when the show button is clicked.It's not a...
  10. how to hide folders in this pc for Win 11 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to hide folders in this pc for Win 11 23H2: Just updated to Win 11 23H2 and regretting it....Many Microsoft and 3rd party support sites state NameSpace registry key edits using HideIfEnabled DWords but this method does not work me under 23H2.Before 23H2 regedit edits of FolderDescriptions keys between Show & Hide used...