Windows 10: un-necessary processes in windows 10

Discus and support un-necessary processes in windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The subject of this thread says it all you guys. What is the most reliable way to find out what processes in windows 10 boot automatically when the iOS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by phpUser, Mar 9, 2021.

1. phpUser Win User

un-necessary processes in windows 10

The subject of this thread says it all you guys. What is the most
    reliable way to find out what processes in windows 10 boot
    automatically when the iOS reaches the desktop and the boot process is
    over? Because it's my suspicion that 50% of the processes can be
    ditched if you are not running on a network. Most of the things I see
    in the task manager are stuff that I recognize but I seriously doubt
    are needed in order for the operating system to really run. One thing
    I can tell you that can be shut off immediately is the DAX engine that
    is used for power BI by Microsoft. I know that power BI is associated
    with Excel to some degree and that DAX is the engine that runs the
    actual software program but I have no need for it whatsoever. Thanks

:)

phpUser, Mar 9, 2021
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 9, 2021
  4. JimWynne Win User

What processes are necessary to operate Windows 10?

Thank you.

Someone should have asked why you're asking the question before answering it. Don't assume that the processes listed above are the only ones necessary for things to run normally. Don't go stopping or disabling anything if you don't know what you're doing.

JimWynne, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

1. un-necessary processes in windows 10 - Similar Threads - necessary processes

2. Can't get Reagentc to Enable despite going through all the necessary steps {KB5034441}

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get Reagentc to Enable despite going through all the necessary steps {KB5034441}: I'm trying to upgrade to windows 11. I went down the checklist and enabled Secure boot as well as TPM 2.0 in my computers BIOS and tried updating it gave me the 0x80070643 error code. Realized this is related to reagentc and followed a tutorial online to enable it. It doesn't...
  3. Can't get Reagentc to Enable despite going through all the necessary steps {KB5034441}

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get Reagentc to Enable despite going through all the necessary steps {KB5034441}: I'm trying to upgrade to windows 11. I went down the checklist and enabled Secure boot as well as TPM 2.0 in my computers BIOS and tried updating it gave me the 0x80070643 error code. Realized this is related to reagentc and followed a tutorial online to enable it. It doesn't...
  4. Can't get Reagentc to Enable despite going through all the necessary steps {KB5034441}

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I need someone to create a bootable USB of Windows7 or10 for me. I have all the necessary I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need someone to create a bootable USB of Windows7 or10 for me. I have all the necessary I...: I need someone to create a bootable USB of Windows7 or10 for me. I have all the necessary I SO files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-someone-to-create-a-bootable-usb-of/925ab170-8dc2-47b5-9e27-53abbefdf2fc
  6. I need someone to create a bootable USB of Windows7 or10 for me. I have all the necessary I...

I need someone to create a bootable USB of Windows7 or10 for me. I have all the necessary I...: I need someone to create a bootable USB of Windows7 or10 for me. I have all the necessary I SO files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-someone-to-create-a-bootable-usb-of/925ab170-8dc2-47b5-9e27-53abbefdf2fc
  7. I need someone to create a bootable USB of Windows7 or10 for me. I have all the necessary I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Is it necessary to reinstall Windows 11 after just changing motherboard? What about...

Is it necessary to reinstall Windows 11 after just changing motherboard? What about...: I've a similar question but that has already been asked but in the past but since the introduction of TPM2.0 in Windows 11 and Passkeys. I'd like to ask it again.My motherboard ASUS PRIME B365M-A has died recently and I'm switching to MSI B365M PRO-VHD. Besides motherboard...
  9. Is this Process Necessary?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is this Process Necessary?: Something called "Windows Modules Installer Wor..." is running and uses a lot of memory. My system is running slow (that pesky Windows 10) so I'd like to know if I need this process. This is right after restarting and installing updates. Thanks! Joe in Orlando. I only have...
  10. Necessary VS Unneccessary programs/apps/processes running on my PC (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Necessary VS Unneccessary programs/apps/processes running on my PC (Windows 10): There are soooo many things running on my PC, some I don't even recognize, which obviously makes my PC run horribly. Is there a list of absolutely necessary programs/apps that windows 10 must have to run correctly so that I or anyone else wondering the same thing can get...