Windows 10: UN/PW for shared folder CIFS not accept on one PC but it is on all others

Discus and support UN/PW for shared folder CIFS not accept on one PC but it is on all others in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently installed a NAS and created a shared folder CIFS To connect and map it, I ran: \\192.168.x.x. UN/PW. Selected to map it and done. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jeff Tank1, Mar 2, 2024.

1. UN/PW for shared folder CIFS not accept on one PC but it is on all others

I recently installed a NAS and created a shared folder CIFS To connect and map it, I ran: \\192.168.x.x. UN/PW. Selected to map it and done. This worked fine on 4 of the 5 Windows 11 PCs in my house. The fifth one is constantly getting a message that the UN or PW is incorrect. On two of the others, I disconnected and removed the credentials. Reconnected with the same credentials. No problem. Created a new user account on the NAS with the same permissions as the main account and with a different PW. Tried to connect, but again the credentials were rejected. Tried the new account on a

:)

Jeff Tank1, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

UN/PW for shared folder CIFS not accept on one PC but it is on all others

1. UN/PW for shared folder CIFS not accept on one PC but it is on all others - Similar Threads - shared folder CIFS

2. UN/PW for shared folder CIFS not accept on one PC but it is on all others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UN/PW for shared folder CIFS not accept on one PC but it is on all others: I recently installed a NAS and created a shared folder CIFS To connect and map it, I ran: \\192.168.x.x. UN/PW. Selected to map it and done. This worked fine on 4 of the 5 Windows 11 PCs in my house. The fifth one is constantly getting a message that the UN or PW is...
  3. Can access a shared folder on one computer, but not on the other.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can access a shared folder on one computer, but not on the other.: Hi all,One of our users had a network shared folder mapped as a drive on his previous laptop.He got a new laptop from us lately, and when we tried to access the same path with the same user credentials, it said he doesn't have the permissions for that folder.It's weird and...
  4. Can access a shared folder on one computer, but not on the other.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can access a shared folder on one computer, but not on the other.: Hi all,One of our users had a network shared folder mapped as a drive on his previous laptop.He got a new laptop from us lately, and when we tried to access the same path with the same user credentials, it said he doesn't have the permissions for that folder.It's weird and...
  5. Stretch Cluster - CIFS share Quota MGMT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stretch Cluster - CIFS share Quota MGMT: **Stretch cluster 2 nodes per site - 2 physical sites in play.**cifs shares in use on the cluster.**SAN Storage assigned storage as a pool - 'sfc pool' presented to cluster and then I create shares within FCM.Trying to understand how to manage quotas on the shares for example...
  6. Stretch Cluster - CIFS share Quota MGMT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stretch Cluster - CIFS share Quota MGMT: **Stretch cluster 2 nodes per site - 2 physical sites in play.**cifs shares in use on the cluster.**SAN Storage assigned storage as a pool - 'sfc pool' presented to cluster and then I create shares within FCM.Trying to understand how to manage quotas on the shares for example...
  7. Is there a way to share the contents of multiple folders all under one network share?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to share the contents of multiple folders all under one network share?: My setup: .. E:\Folder1 .......\SubFolderE1 .......\SubFolderE2 .......\SubFolderE3 .. F:\Folder2 .......\SubFolderF1 .......\SubFolderF2 .......\SubFolderF3 I would like to create a network share that looks like this: .. Z:\SharedFolder .......\SubFolderE1...
  8. Viewing Shared and Un-Shared Folders Accross a Workgroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Viewing Shared and Un-Shared Folders Accross a Workgroup: I have two computers running Windows 10 Pro, version 18363, they are on a peer-to-peer network. For Both Computers A and B, In the network sharing options for private networks, I have tuned on file and print sharing and turned on Network discovery, and automatic set up of...
  9. Win 10 Pro will not accept changed pw

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 Pro will not accept changed pw: I changed my win pw using this: cmd ran as admin net user <name> PwDpassword win accepted change now it is telling me: YOUR PASSWORD WAS CHANGED ON ANOTHER DEVICE. YOU MUST SIGN IN TO THIS DEVICE ONCE WITH YOUR NEW PASSWORD, THEN YOU CAN SIGN IN WITH YOUR PIN. I...
  10. Can't write to Unix CIF shares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't write to Unix CIF shares: I have a Freenas Server (based on FreeBSD Unix) connected to my network. I can't get it to show up in file explorer untill I type "//000.000.000.000" (it's IP address). When I try to drag a file to the window CIF shares (Permissions in Unix are Allow Guest Access and...