Windows 10: Unabel to open preinstalled microsoft softwares after Reseting PC

Discus and support Unabel to open preinstalled microsoft softwares after Reseting PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I reset my PC from the settings and removed all files, everything passed without any errors popping up. After it finished I am unable to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SE_Dave, Aug 5, 2019.

1. SE_Dave Win User

Unabel to open preinstalled microsoft softwares after Reseting PC

Hello, I reset my PC from the settings and removed all files, everything passed without any errors popping up. After it finished I am unable to open softwares like Microsoft edge and settings. It opens and then closes immediately within less than a second . I can't even open the windows bar. I ran the sfc \scannow command it says that there are problems but its unable to solve them . Does anyone know what's happening?

:)

SE_Dave, Aug 5, 2019

2. some of the preinstalled apps like microsoft edge and candy crush soda saga crash and not open

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

The issue you are facing with preinstalled apps, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Right click on
      Task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window
    Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

The issue you are facing with Store:

• Do you get any error message when to try to login Store?
    I would suggest you to reset the Windows store and check if it works.

Follow the below steps to reset the Windows Store:

1. Press Windows key + R from the
    Desktop and click on Enter.

2. Type wsreset.exe and click on OK.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 5, 2019
  3. this pc is not opening

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

Provide more information to help you better:

• Is it Microsoft account or a local account?

• Did you get any error message when you try to open
      This PC?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to install any pending updates on the system to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Method 2:

I also suggest you to perform clean boot and check if it helps.
    Placing the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue.

Please refer to the article below for steps to perform a clean boot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot "to reset computer as usual.

Method 3:

If issue still persists, I suggest you to create a new Microsoft account and verify the result.

Follow the steps given below:

1. Click on Start and go to setting.

2. Select Accounts.

3. Click on family and user.

4. Under “Other user” click on “Add someone else to this PC”.

5. Follow the instructions and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 5, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Unabel to open preinstalled microsoft softwares after Reseting PC - Similar Threads - Unabel open preinstalled

2. Microsoft PreInstalled Apps wont open Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft PreInstalled Apps wont open Microsoft Store: So a few days ago when I tried to log onto Minecraft it would just crash immediately. So I went on the internet to see and couldn't find a fix so I uninstalled the game and when I tried to Reinstall the game Microsoft store wont open. I looked up a bunch of different fixes...
  3. Microsoft PreInstalled Apps wont open Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft PreInstalled Apps wont open Microsoft Store: So a few days ago when I tried to log onto Minecraft it would just crash immediately. So I went on the internet to see and couldn't find a fix so I uninstalled the game and when I tried to Reinstall the game Microsoft store wont open. I looked up a bunch of different fixes...
  4. preinstalled apps missing after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    preinstalled apps missing after reset: Hello,I bought a Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 preinstalled about 2 months ago. It came with McAfee softwares preinstalled, which I removed immediately. Earlier this week, I had to reset the laptop. Normally, when I do this, everything that was preinstalled comes back....
  5. preinstalled apps missing after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    preinstalled apps missing after reset: Hello,I bought a Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 preinstalled about 2 months ago. It came with McAfee softwares preinstalled, which I removed immediately. Earlier this week, I had to reset the laptop. Normally, when I do this, everything that was preinstalled comes back....
  6. preinstalled apps missing after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Microsoft Store Will not open after resetting it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Will not open after resetting it: When I was trying to download updates from Microsoft Store, it kept saying error when it was installing. So I went on a Microsoft Answers article and it suggested for me to reset Microsoft Store from the settings app. After resetting it, I found that while it was appearing in...
  8. Microsoft store not opening after reseting it

Microsoft store not opening after reseting it: I was having trouble installing something, so I reset the Microsoft Store in the windows settings' apps section. After that Microsoft store refused to open, I put many commands in PowerShell and already used wsreset 3 times. I also tried reinstalling it. is there a fix to...
  9. Preinstalled Software HP Inc.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Preinstalled Software HP Inc.: Hi! So recently, I used three softwares to remove malware a trojan virus specifically from my laptop. One of the softwares brought to my attention the existence of several pre-installed softwares from HP Inc. I was wondering if I should delete these? They are......
  10. Microsoft Store Not Opening After Reset?

Microsoft Store Not Opening After Reset?: HI I have reset my laptop in a way that keep my personal files and remove apps and settings. But however, after the reset finished the store refuses to open. If I open the start menu, other store apps, like the xbox beta app, calendar, and even calculator wont open...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where is preinstalled microsoft softwares