Windows 10: Unable access booted machine following restore - no mouse no keyboard

Discus and support Unable access booted machine following restore - no mouse no keyboard in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Following a very recent restore I am unable to access the machine due to mouse and keyboard not responding. I am able to ssh into the running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by hput3, Feb 20, 2018.

1. hput3 Win User

Unable access booted machine following restore - no mouse no keyboard

Following a very recent restore I am unable to access the machine due to mouse and keyboard not responding.

I am able to ssh into the running windows 10, so , it is apparently not frozen or the like.

I have cygwin and cygwin sshd (server and client) installed and working for some time. I wondered if there are things I could do inside the OS from ssh session? Even just shutdown/reboot might help.

So are there commands I can run from a ssh session that might get the mouse or keyboard working?

Are there command line commands and arguments for shutdown or reboot I can do from an ssh session?

:)

hput3, Feb 20, 2018
  2. Hepsheesh Win User

mouse and keyboard not working after windows 10 update and restart

Dell Inspiron 660 windows 10 (upgraded from windows 7 during Microsoft push)

functioned correctly until last update and restart (2/2/2018).

no response from either keyboard or mouse when lock screen comes up.

attempted several suggestions

removed hard drive and scanned for malware

tried safe mode, same problem cannot enter password in login screen

mouse and keyboard function in BIOS utility, and they function in windows 10 automatic repair.

automatic repair fails

attempted system restore, but restore failed.

attempted previous build but this failed.

when machine comes up, I'm able to ping it's IP address from another machine

unable to access device manager from another machine

unable to access RDP from another machine

Hepsheesh, Feb 20, 2018
  3. dgbaxter Win User
    Windows 10 insider update - lost the keyboard

Yesterday my Win 10 PC did an update and now when it boots, the mouse will work, but clicking from the sand and sea opening page to the login, the keyboard does not. I can't login! The mouse will not select anything on the screen, a double click brings me
    back to sand and sea.

The mouse and keyboard are both usb models. I unplugged the keyboard and tried a reboot with an old, old purple connector keyboard with no difference.

I burned a dvd with the windows 10 iso package and booted from it to where it asks to install or repair. Clicking repair gave some options, like restore and such, but all ended in some form of "unable to do" message. Selecting a Command window opens and
    the keyboard works, but bcedit says there aren't any partitions. So I can't even boot to Safe Mode.

If I select Install instead of repair, it wants a serial number. Since this was an update of a Win 8.1 machine, I don't have a valid Win 10 serial to put in.

Where do I go from here to my machine back?

Thanks.

dgbaxter, Feb 20, 2018
  4. zbook New Member

The computer problems seem very similar to problems that people are having after a recent windows update.
    See this link: Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up! - Page 6 - Windows 10 Forums

1) Try the hardware method to open the computer's advanced troubleshooting menu.
    2) If this fails create a bootable windows 10 iso so that you can open the windows 10 iso advanced troubleshooting menu.
    3) The function of the keyboard and mouse may vary if you have options for USB2, USB3, and PS/2 and also may vary if you can open either windows advanced troubleshooting menu or the windows 10 iso advanced troubleshooting menu

Create a bootable windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10

zbook, Feb 20, 2018
  5. Steve C Win User
    Are you using a wired mouse / keyboard?

Steve C, Feb 20, 2018
  6. RolandJS Win User
    Elsewhere, others indicated using something like Rufus(?) to add things to the boot USB and/or DVD. I don't remember if they succeeded in getting wireless drivers added to said boot stuff, and getting Bluetooth or wireless mouse and keyboard to work.

RolandJS, Feb 25, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    USB mouse and keyboard? Running 1709? Had the recent update? If so, this may relevant.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ry-13-2018-upd

8. Steve C Win User

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable access booted machine following restore - no mouse no keyboard - Similar Threads - Unable access booted

2. Machine Unable To Access Bank Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Machine Unable To Access Bank Account: I wanted to log into Amalgamated bank Amalgamated bank. I get the login prompt:I enter my Username and press continue and get:You don't have permission to access "http://cibng.ibanking-services.com/EamWeb/Remote/RemoteLoginAPI.aspx?" on this server.Reference...
  3. Machine Unable To Access Bank Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Machine Unable To Access Bank Account: I wanted to log into Amalgamated bank Amalgamated bank. I get the login prompt:I enter my Username and press continue and get:You don't have permission to access "http://cibng.ibanking-services.com/EamWeb/Remote/RemoteLoginAPI.aspx?" on this server.Reference...
  4. Virtual machine onedrive unable to access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual machine onedrive unable to access: Hi community,There are some vms in environment and in them we can access onedrive with o365 service accounts. New vms have been given to us which are not allowing to access the onedrive using same service accounts. Online onedrive can be accessed but not explorer. What could...
  5. Virtual machine onedrive unable to access

Virtual machine onedrive unable to access: Hi community,There are some vms in environment and in them we can access onedrive with o365 service accounts. New vms have been given to us which are not allowing to access the onedrive using same service accounts. Online onedrive can be accessed but not explorer. What could...
  6. Virtual machine onedrive unable to access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Virtual Machine Mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Machine Mouse and keyboard not working: I have windows 98 running in hyper-v, and the keyboard works when it gives me the option to boot from cd or hard disk, but as soon as it restarts after formatting the disk neither the keyboard nor the mouse would respond even though they are both captured. P.S. I'm not sure...
  8. Virtual Machine Mouse and keyboard not working

Virtual Machine Mouse and keyboard not working: I have windows 98 running in hyper-v, and the keyboard works when it gives me the option to boot from cd or hard disk, but as soon as it restarts after formatting the disk neither the keyboard nor the mouse would respond even though they are both captured. P.S. I'm not sure...
  9. Virtual Machine Mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Machine will not boot following latest Win10 Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Machine will not boot following latest Win10 Updates: My son just installed the most recent updates for Win10 64 bit. Now we cannot boot the machine up at all. When power is turned on it gives the following message: [ATTACH] I've gone into the BIOS and changed the boot order to every option and nothing works. It's...