Windows 10: Unable by any means to adjust brightness on monitor screen

Discus and support Unable by any means to adjust brightness on monitor screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The buttons on my AOC monitor don't work. Online instructions for adjusting the brightness in Windows don't work. I'm stuck with a level of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David118, Sep 9, 2019.

1. David118 Win User

Unable by any means to adjust brightness on monitor screen

The buttons on my AOC monitor don't work. Online instructions for adjusting the brightness in Windows don't work. I'm stuck with a level of brightness that's making my eyes sore. Any suggestions?

:)

David118, Sep 9, 2019

2. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Unable by any means to adjust brightness on monitor screen

Unable to adjust brightness

Hi Prasad,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. When you state "display buttons are not working" what do you exactly mean?

2. Are you able to adjust the brightness from your monitor settings button?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons.

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.

For now, I suggest that you follow the methods stated below and check if it helps

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.

Step 2:

Now re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

For more information click on the link below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

Note: Article for 8.1 also applies to 10

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Unable by any means to adjust brightness on monitor screen

1. Unable by any means to adjust brightness on monitor screen - Similar Threads - Unable means adjust

2. Unable to adjust the brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to adjust the brightness: I am using ASUS VivoBook 14/15. I ever adjust the screen brightness by pressing F4 or F5 bottons. But now I could not do it anymore. Are there other ways to adjust the brightness? How can I adjust by pressing F4 or F5 bottons again?Note: I have checked that the display driver...
  3. Unable to adjust the brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to adjust the brightness: I am using ASUS VivoBook 14/15. I ever adjust the screen brightness by pressing F4 or F5 bottons. But now I could not do it anymore. Are there other ways to adjust the brightness? How can I adjust by pressing F4 or F5 bottons again?Note: I have checked that the display driver...
  4. No screen brightness adjust.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No screen brightness adjust.: Ok so I have two AOC 24G2 monitors, and I have downloaded the drivers from AOC and installed them. I have fully updated windows, mobo, and gpu drivers. And I have followed this entire guideline, and still have no brightness adjuster anywhere. For the power options I do not...
  5. Unable to adjust monitor brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to adjust monitor brightness: Hello, I am having an issue where I am unable to adjust the brightness of my monitor through Windows (I'd very much like not to have to use my monitor's brightness control) I have a GTX 1060 and a Ryzen 3700x I am sure my GPU drivers are up to date, I have tried using both...
  6. Unable to adjust screen brightness.

Unable to adjust screen brightness.: Dear Microsoft community, I got the following message when tried to update "display adapters" since there is no options available to adjust screen brightness either under "Display" or right corner of the task bar. Still there is exclamation sign on adaptors indicating...
  7. Unable to adjust brightness!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to adjust brightness!!!!: Its been two days since I adjusted my laptop's Brightness. Tried restarting it a many times still not able to adjust the brightness. Help it got stuck on the lowest level....
  8. Unable to Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10: Unable to Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-adjust-screen-brightness-in-windows-10/74945e5a-ff17-4439-a1ab-6da97432a826
  9. Unable to Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10: I'm using Windows 10 Home on an ASUS laptop (Intel Core i7-8550U CPI @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz) and am unable to adjust my screen's brightness. When you move the bar in display settings, nothing happens, and there is no button available to apply changes anymore. I imagine there's...
  10. How to adjust monitor brightness

How to adjust monitor brightness: Monitor is a Dell S2419H and is way to bright. I can find no way to adjust its brightness using the On Screen Display or using the Display Settings of Win 10. I'm sure there must be a way but I just can't find it. Will someone please give me a hand? Thank you. 129234

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my aoc desk top monitor brightness buttons do not work

2. how do i adjust screen brightness on the navagation screen on my 2016 subaru outback