Windows 10: Unable for Windows 10 to accept 3 in 1 scanner printer ok but not scanner USB cable

Discus and support Unable for Windows 10 to accept 3 in 1 scanner printer ok but not scanner USB cable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HP Office Jet Pro 8600 Plus 3 in 1 scanner will not scan, printer and copier ok, doesn't recognize scan feature with USB cable.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by molly.2005, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Unable for Windows 10 to accept 3 in 1 scanner printer ok but not scanner USB cable

HP Office Jet Pro 8600 Plus 3 in 1 scanner will not scan, printer and copier ok, doesn't recognize scan feature with USB cable.

:)

molly.2005, Jun 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 - Canon Scanner unable to scan error- cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons: scanner is turned off (it is not), USB cable is disconnected (it is not)

Original Title : Windows 10 - Canon Scanner

Hi and Thanks for your reply.
    This is what I have done:
    • went to Microsoft store. All the drivers were checked and updated and are working fine
    • the ports were checked and found to work fine (the hp printer /USB connection works fine)
    • phoned canon to troubleshoot again. They could find no issues. They informed me the scanner is compatible with the windows 10 software, they have not had any other calls about this issue
    • removed and reinstalled canon software for windows 10 and the scanner (there download recognized I was using windows 10
    • checked to make sure all USB connections were secure
    • tried to scan and same error message comes up: cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons: scanner is turned off (it is not), USB cable is disconnected (it is not)
    • Went through your recommended procedures you suggested below. Got an "working properly" message... and still the scanner will not communicate with computer
    • ?????????????????????????????????????????????
    Any other ideas or... again...is anybody else experiencing this problem?
    Thanks for any help,
    Doug

Doug Volker, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Since the upgrade, I am unable to open the scanner.

Hi Marvene,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Thank you for mentioning the steps you have tried to resolve the issue. We appreciate your effort.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

1. You are unable to scan or unable to find the option to start scanning?

2. Do you receive any error message?

3. What is the exact model number of the printer/scanner?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try removing and re-adding the printer by following the steps below and check again.

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings.

2. Click "devices".

3. If the printer is listed, click on it and remove it.

4. Click "add printers and scanners" and follow the set up instructions.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Scott Win User

Unable for Windows 10 to accept 3 in 1 scanner printer ok but not scanner USB cable

Printer/Scanner over Network: Windows sees it for printing, but not for scanning

I set up my SCX-4623 Samsung printer by plugging the USB cable into my router. From there, I used these instructions to have Windows 10 be able to print to it over the network.

This works beautifully, over both wired (PCs) and wireless (laptop) connections. However, when I try to use Windows Fax & Scan in order to use the scanner, Windows claims that there aren't any scanners available:

Unable for Windows 10 to accept 3 in 1 scanner printer ok but not scanner USB cable ow0yP.png

Is there anything I can do to coax Windows into believing that the scanner, in fact, exists? The scanner works fine if I take the USB cable and connect the printer directly to the PC/laptop. But over the network it's a no-go.

Scott, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Unable for Windows 10 to accept 3 in 1 scanner printer ok but not scanner USB cable

1. Unable for Windows 10 to accept 3 in 1 scanner printer ok but not scanner USB cable - Similar Threads - Unable accept scanner

2. printer/scanner windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer/scanner windows 10: i cannot get my scanner part of combo unit to perform in windows 12. keeps looping me to windows scan fails to recognise my combo unit has scan capability ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printerscanner-windows-10/4700bff4-f76c-4c5a-b166-b68026e575c2
  3. Scanner to Printer

Scanner to Printer: Hello, I have scanned an instruction sheep which is 6" X 4", and I would like to print it as an A4 size, making the instruction lettering larger, I have poor eyesight and cannot read the instructions properly, Is there a way to do this please, I woud appreciate any help yo...
  4. Printer/Scanner

Printer/Scanner: Why doesn't my computer running Windows 10 recognise my Canon MG5350 Printer/Scanner. Any help appreciated. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printerscanner/30d13de0-b95e-406b-a500-07c253d655e4
  5. printer/scanner

printer/scanner: I cant scan from my printer/scanner into my computer although the printer is connected correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printerscanner/fcb77770-4348-46c3-8aee-98f60600fbd8
  6. Printer/scanner not showing in Windows settings - printers and scanners

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer/scanner not showing in Windows settings - printers and scanners: My USB printer / scanner does not show in the list of printers but the scanner does show in the scanners section. If I go to old style control panel devices and printers, the device shows in the Unspecified section with the following details [ATTACH] The device works...
  7. printer/scanner

printer/scanner: I have a Brother MFC multifunctional printer when I go into it now I cant select the scanning option well it is not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printerscanner/17414f47-8f6c-4f26-baa8-df3bc61b1830
  8. printer and scanner

printer and scanner: my scanner not show on destop so I can not scan any documents. Kindly help me. thanks Hariom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-and-scanner/40e6688e-ebb6-40e7-96e0-b371dbcb9733
  9. Printer/scanner

Printer/scanner: I have an epson XP-610 printer and scanner. I have the printer connected to my new laptop, but when I try to scan it says the scanner is not connected. I am using Windows 10 can you help?...
  10. scanner and printer

scanner and printer: build 10049; i'm able to print but when i scan i get this error message ; i change location but i get the same error; can some one help, sure appreciated [img] 5355

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows scan unable to recognize printer