Windows 10: Unable of open certain Settings by outer links. Error "Access Denied" in CMD form.

Discus and support Unable of open certain Settings by outer links. Error "Access Denied" in CMD form. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone,I have been facing a problem for several days. Tried a lot but can't solve it.When I open Setting app it opens without any problem even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shehryar Nasir., Oct 19, 2021.

1. Unable of open certain Settings by outer links. Error "Access Denied" in CMD form.

Hello everyone,I have been facing a problem for several days. Tried a lot but can't solve it.When I open Setting app it opens without any problem even by Win + I.But the problem is that whenever I try to open settings by other ways i.e. via Control Panel, Right Click Menu, etc. It doesn't open.When I click on Display setting, Personalize, etc. just Windows Command Prompt pops up and error "Access Denied" is written there and it closes in a moment.I have also tried SFC and DISM cmd scan but all in vain. Also windows is up to date and windows version is 21H1, not the member of Insider Programme.

:)

Shehryar Nasir., Oct 19, 2021

2. Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" on the taskbar (CMD opens and closes immediately - ERROR: ACCESS DENIED)

Hi Lundgren_ and thanks for reaching out. My name is Joseph. I'm an independent advisor. I'll be happy to help you out today.

Access denied - This error prevents you from installing software on your computer and accessing or modifying certain files.

I would suggest you refer to the below article and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

https://appuals.com/fix-error-5-access-denied-w...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Thank you!

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Joseph Y. M., Oct 19, 2021
  3. Lundgren_ Win User
    Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" on the taskbar (CMD opens and closes immediately - ERROR: ACCESS DENIED)

Hello!

I recently stumbled upon a problem.

I can't use certain settings on Windows such as right-clicking on my taskbar and clicking the "Settings for the taskbar" option. Whenever I click on it, the command prompt appears for a brief second. Sometimes it opens up and closes immediately but sometimes
    it stays there for a second giving me an error message saying: ERROR: ACCESS DENIED.

The same thing goes for when I try opening my sound settings by right-clicking on the speaker icon in the bottom right corner. When I right-click on the speaker icon and select the "Open sound settings" option, the command prompt opens up and behaves the
    same way. Sometimes it opens and closes immediately and sometimes it stays there for a second telling me that error message I mentioned above.

I need help!

Lundgren_, Oct 19, 2021
  4. angus Win User

Unable of open certain Settings by outer links. Error "Access Denied" in CMD form.

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Unable of open certain Settings by outer links. Error "Access Denied" in CMD form.

1. Unable of open certain Settings by outer links. Error "Access Denied" in CMD form. - Similar Threads - Unable open certain

2. weird access denied error on cmd when running...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird access denied error on cmd when running...: helloi found a forum thread on here about how to remove unwanted hacky organisations of your pc it told me to run a list of commandsall went fine except for this one:"HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies"i was told that 'access was denied'...
  3. Access denied error on elevated cmd window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied error on elevated cmd window: HiI want to run an elevated command but get "access denied" error, however, the CMD window is indeed in administrator mode.Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.1766]c 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\Windows\system32>cd %systemroot%C:\Windows> ren...
  4. Access denied error on elevated cmd window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied error on elevated cmd window: HiI want to run an elevated command but get "access denied" error, however, the CMD window is indeed in administrator mode.Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.1766]c 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\Windows\system32>cd %systemroot%C:\Windows> ren...
  5. Access denied error on elevated cmd window

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Unable of open certain Settings by outer links. Error "Access Denied" in CMD form.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable of open certain Settings by outer links. Error "Access Denied" in CMD form.: Hello everyone,I have been facing a problem for several days. Tried a lot but can't solve it.When I open Setting app it opens without any problem even by Win + I.But the problem is that whenever I try to open settings by other ways i.e. via Control Panel, Right Click Menu,...
  7. Unable of open certain Settings by outer links. Error "Access Denied" in CMD form.

Unable of open certain Settings by outer links. Error "Access Denied" in CMD form.: Hello everyone,I have been facing a problem for several days. Tried a lot but can't solve it.When I open Setting app it opens without any problem even by Win + I.But the problem is that whenever I try to open settings by other ways i.e. via Control Panel, Right Click Menu,...
  8. CMD access denied

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD access denied: I wanted to change my backup folder for iTunes. For that i need to type "mklink "C:\Users\morit\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup" D:\iTunes\Backup" into the cmd. I started the cmd as administrator but it still denies the access. I already turned kaspary off...
  9. Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" on the taskbar CMD opens and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" on the taskbar CMD opens and...: Hello! I recently stumbled upon a problem. I can't use certain settings on Windows such as right-clicking on my taskbar and clicking the "Settings for the taskbar" option. Whenever I click on it, the command prompt appears for a brief second. Sometimes it opens up and...
  10. CMD - Access Denied

CMD - Access Denied: [ATTACH] 1 question. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-access-denied/9e96bbf5-05f4-4931-ad21-8eecfdd355c8