Windows 10: Unable re-activate windows 10, from previous windows 7 oem

Discus and support Unable re-activate windows 10, from previous windows 7 oem in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Had Windows 7 oem originally , had the free upgrade to Windows 10. Recently had an update, now asking to be re-activated. Now get error code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Steve Bonnett, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Unable re-activate windows 10, from previous windows 7 oem

Had Windows 7 oem originally , had the free upgrade to Windows 10.

Recently had an update, now asking to be re-activated.

Now get error code 0xc004f012.

Unable to activate online, or "Change product key" and re-type in product key from oem

sticker/license.

Unable re-activate windows 10, from previous windows 7 oem 53255ba2-4849-4664-817e-b7fbeee9130e?upload=true.png

:)

Steve Bonnett, Mar 18, 2020
  2. jsalpha2 Win User

Windows 7 OEM key

Hope this is not against the rules. If you do a clean install of Windows 10, it may, (has for me) accept a Win 7 OEM key and activate.

jsalpha2, Mar 18, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Laurijan Win User

Unable re-activate windows 10, from previous windows 7 oem

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Unable re-activate windows 10, from previous windows 7 oem

1. Unable re-activate windows 10, from previous windows 7 oem - Similar Threads - Unable activate previous

2. Upgraded from 7 to 10 unable to activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded from 7 to 10 unable to activate: Hi, a while back we received a notice that we could upgrade our Windows 7 to 10 free. This was done by my then techie....some 3 years ago. 2 of the PCs now show that Windows requires activation. If I try using the key from the sticker on the PC tower Windows 7 it says it is...
  3. Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10

Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10: Hi, I installed 64-bit Windows 10 on my tablet Acer under the likely naïve expectation that this was supported and that I'd be able to enter my OEM product key during installation. The Acer was previously running 32-bit Windows 7 so I had to go through the full...
  4. Windows 7 OEM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 OEM: Hi Team, We have purchased few Machines with Win 7 Pro SP1(64 Bit) OEM License . It is possible to Window 10 Pro using existing Key?. Regards Vijay Radhakrishnan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-oem/494199b3-04b1-40fb-9391-db7bcb0b0b64
  5. Re-install unable to activate Windows.

Re-install unable to activate Windows.: I have been using my laptop since 2013 when it was Windows 8.0 home. I upgraded to Windows 8.0 Pro and when 10 came along, I upgraded. Due to a virus, I reformatted my drive and went to another OS for a while and Windows 10 Pro with no issues. I have actually installed 10 pro...
  6. Activating Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro OEM COA?

Activating Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro OEM COA?: Greetings. I have a question regarding Windows 10 activation. I have a system with a Windows 7 Pro COA, but I want to install Windows 10 via a clean install (the system is blank anyway) Can I use the key on the COA to activate Windows 10 Pro? Just wondering as the...
  7. OEM re-reinstallation not activating

OEM re-reinstallation not activating: I had my OEM Windows 7 (upgraded to 10 Home) installation on my HDD and I was preparing to transfer it to my new SSD. I downloaded the ISO using the media creation tool (I think the selected edition was Windows 10). Burned it to USB, installed it, worked perfectly, activated...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 OEM

Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 OEM: I have Lenovo x230 with genuine Windows 7. Can I freely upgrade to windows 10? I downloaded windows media creation tool and did direct upgrade to windows 10. My laptop is upgraded to Win 10 but it is not getting activated. Found the following activation issue -...
  9. Windows 7 COA OEM vs normal OEM and Win 10 activation?

Windows 7 COA OEM vs normal OEM and Win 10 activation?: Hi What is the difference between OEMSLP and OEM COA SLP versions? And can COA OEM keys be used to activate a fresh install of Win 10 (1511 or 1607)? Are MS activation servers still activating clean installs in Win 10 with Win 7 / 8 keys? Thanks 59384
  10. Windows 10 activation if OEM Windows 7 Disc lost

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 activation if OEM Windows 7 Disc lost: I am presently on Windows 7 Home premium. I lost the OEM Windows Disc provided with the laptop. Windows 10 Pro downloading in progress. Now I do have original windows 7 pro key which I have downloaded earlier from Dreamspark account. Will that key be sufficient to activate...