Windows 10: Unable Search for .odt (Libre Office Docs) file formats using File Contents.

Discus and support Unable Search for .odt (Libre Office Docs) file formats using File Contents. in Cortana to solve the problem; I cannot figure out how I can make my Windows 10 search odt document (LibreOffice) file contents. When I use a keyword for the search, it finds only... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Dr. Musou, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Dr. Musou Win User

Unable Search for .odt (Libre Office Docs) file formats using File Contents.

I cannot figure out how I can make my Windows 10 search odt document (LibreOffice) file contents.

When I use a keyword for the search, it finds only Microsoft Word document files which contain the keyword. The search does not find LibreOffice document files which contain the keyword.

It does find LibeOffice document files by name, though.

My desktop computer is Dell Inspiron.

My Windows 10 is updated.

This question is not about Cortana. It is about the search, "Type here to search" next to Start. It is about "Search in File Explorer."

I have checked everything I know.

Index Options:
    "odt" is selected under File Types. (As a matter of fact, all types are selected.)

"Index Properties and File Contents" is clicked.

After completing "Rebuild" and Restart the computer, Windows search still does not find odt document files which contain a keyword. It only finds odt files by name.

I have even selected "Index encrypted files" under Index settings. The result, nevertheless, is the same.

I have run the Index Troubleshooter and selected "Files don't appear in search results."

It simply says, "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem."

I have run the DISM Tool.

I have also run the System File Checker utility.

Windows search still fails to search odt document file contents.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or do I have to use a search engine app, instead?

***Modified Title from: How to make Windows 10 Search odt Document (LibreOffice) file Contents***

:)

Dr. Musou, Jun 7, 2019
  2. hadimassa Win User

Odt file problem on X6 Quick Office

I understand. But keep in mind that QO is 3rd party software. You've to file your complaints at QO. You can however save your .odt files as .doc in Open Office.

hadimassa, Jun 7, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Microsoft Unveils the New Office

I use LibraOffice all the time, if you safe documents in rtf and spreadsheets in csv, both can be opened in pretty much any program. Also, Libraoffice allows you to save in Microsoft formats(doc/docx and xlx/xlsx) which obviously open natively in Office.

newtekie1, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Unable Search for .odt (Libre Office Docs) file formats using File Contents.

Search Content of MHT files

Hi David,

Most probably, this is a problem with the search and indexing of your Windows 10 computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to clarify the following:

• Are you trying to search the content of MHT files using Cortana?
    • Have you tried searching it using the File Explorer?
    • Are you using a third-party app to search for the content of MHT files?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for search and indexing. To run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems.
    • Select Search and Indexing and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Unable Search for .odt (Libre Office Docs) file formats using File Contents.

1. Unable Search for .odt (Libre Office Docs) file formats using File Contents. - Similar Threads - Unable Search odt

2. Libre Office files no longer opening, help?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Libre Office files no longer opening, help?!: I have recently downloaded Microsoft Word and Microsoft Office and now none of my Libreoffice files and documents are opening. How can I get them to work?...
  3. Libre Office files no longer opening, help?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Libre Office files no longer opening, help?!: I have recently downloaded Microsoft Word and Microsoft Office and now none of my Libreoffice files and documents are opening. How can I get them to work?...
  4. Unable to Search File Contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Search File Contents: Hello,On my Windows 10 PC, I indexed a folder on my hard drive and changed the Search settings to search for the file contents. But when I do a test I am unable to search for words in text files. Screenshots attached. Please advise. Thank you in advance....
  5. Unable to Search File Contents

Unable to Search File Contents: Hello,On my Windows 10 PC, I indexed a folder on my hard drive and changed the Search settings to search for the file contents. But when I do a test I am unable to search for words in text files. Screenshots attached. Please advise. Thank you in advance....
  6. Unable to Search File Contents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. File Explorer in Win11 searches is not finding contents of .doc and .docx files unless...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer in Win11 searches is not finding contents of .doc and .docx files unless...: Hello! I recently bought a new Win11 HP tower Version 21H2, Build 22000.527 and have spent over a month getting all the software, including Microsoft 365, onto it. Before loading half a terabyte of documents onto it, I decided to test searching on it first and I'm glad I...
  8. File Explorer in Win11 searches is not finding contents of .doc and .docx files unless...

File Explorer in Win11 searches is not finding contents of .doc and .docx files unless...: Hello! I recently bought a new Win11 HP tower Version 21H2, Build 22000.527 and have spent over a month getting all the software, including Microsoft 365, onto it. Before loading half a terabyte of documents onto it, I decided to test searching on it first and I'm glad I...
  9. Unable Search for .odt (LibreOffice Docs) file formats using File Contents.

in Cortana
    Unable Search for .odt (LibreOffice Docs) file formats using File Contents.: I cannot figure out how I can make my Windows 10 search odt document (LibreOffice) file contents. When I use a keyword for the search, it finds only Microsoft Word document files which contain the keyword. The search does not find LibreOffice document files which contain...
  10. How to make Windows 10 Search odt Document (LibreOffice) File Contents

in Cortana
    How to make Windows 10 Search odt Document (LibreOffice) File Contents: I cannot figure out how I can make my Windows 10 search odt document (LibreOffice) file contents. When I use a keyword for the search, it finds only Microsoft Word document files which contain the keyword. The search does not find LibreOffice document files which contain...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows filter for searching .odt files

2. windows search odt content mcafee