Windows 10: Unable to access a network drive

Discus and support Unable to access a network drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a mapped network drive that I can see but cannot access. The message from " Windows Security" Enter network credentials to :HD name My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertMARTINO1, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Unable to access a network drive

I have a mapped network drive that I can see but cannot access. The message from " Windows Security"

Enter network credentials to :HD name

My Computer name

Password

I have entered my password from my computer. I have tried my network password neither works. I states access denied.

However I am the network administrator and have all the passwords. I have looked in Windows Security but cannot find a setting that is obvious. I would be nice to have more explicit instructions on setting up a multiple device system with Windows 10. Can someone please provide some insight here.

:)

RobertMARTINO1, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Unable to access Network drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • What is the exact error message you’re getting while trying to access the network drive?
    • Are you able to access the drive using its IP address?
    I suggest to follow the steps posted by Pauli O and see if it works.

How to get network sharing work with Windows 10

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, it would be more helpful for us to identify the root cause of the issue, if you can post the screenshot of the error message/code you are getting.

How to include a screenshot in your post

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Unable to access network storage

Hi Pravin,

Network permission is one of the possible reasons why you can't access a drive within a network. To better assist you, we the answers to the following questions:

• Are you working with computers connected to a domain?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps below to troubleshoot Shared Folders in Windows 10:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshoot
      and select the first result.
    • Scroll down and click on Shared Folders.
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Unable to access a network drive

Unable to access Drives

Hi Suneel,

One of the reasons why you're unable to access your hard disk or an external hard drive is that these drives have been corrupted. For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Are you trying to access external hard drives or just partitioned drives on your PC?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

Just to make sure, kindly verify if your hard drive is reflected in your Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps listed below to check it:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type Device Manager.
    • Under Disk drives, kindly check if there's an error on the hard drive listed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Paolo Mag, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Unable to access a network drive

1. Unable to access a network drive - Similar Threads - Unable access network

2. Unable to access shared drive on other network computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access shared drive on other network computers: Hello, on our home network we have my computer and my wife's computer and recently we purchased a WD MyBook to act as a backup drive for the both of us. I've gotten this set up and it is currently plugged into my PC and I have set it to share to the network. However, when I...
  3. Network Error: Unable to access Network drive, Error 0x80004005

in Windows 10 News
    Network Error: Unable to access Network drive, Error 0x80004005: [ATTACH]Some Windows 10 users might encounter the error message Unable to access Network drive, […] This article Network Error: Unable to access Network drive, Error 0x80004005 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Unable to access Network Drive private folder.

Unable to access Network Drive private folder.: Hello, I have just built a new desktop PC and installed Windows 10 Pro. I have a Seagate 3TByte NAS on my network which has just one account on it. Whilst I can access the public folder from my new PC, I can't access the private one. I enter the user name and password but...
  5. Unable to access Network Drive with Windows 10 Version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to access Network Drive with Windows 10 Version 1909: I am unable to access our work Network drive with my new Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 Version 1909. My colleague had the same issue when he updated his Windows 10 version from 1903 to 1909. Please could you provide assistance or a work around to be able to access the...
  6. ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED - Unable to access the network.

ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED - Unable to access the network.: Hi Everyone, I've tried looking around the community to resolve my issue but do not seem to find a resolution that has helped. I have a Windows Surface Book running on Windows 10 and I am having issues connecting to certain public Wifi. I was using Mcafee firewall in the...
  7. Unable to access Network drive

Unable to access Network drive: My laptop cannot open this external hard drive, it always used to. Troubleshooting hasn't helped and a chat didn't resolve anything either. The laptop sees the hard drive on the network but says it cannot open it. Any ideas? ***Title modified from: dlink 26BCD6***...
  8. unable to access network device

unable to access network device: when trying to access another computer on home network i recieve network error "windows cannot access \\ desktop" that need permission from network administrator (I thought I am the administrator)...
  9. Unable to access Network Drive during an application installation

Unable to access Network Drive during an application installation: Hi, I am using a personal cloud storage drive (MyCloud by WD) in my network. In my windows 10 I am trying to install an application (The Journal by David RM) where I have a choice to install on a network drive. But when I try to select mapped drive to my network location I...
  10. Unable to access network drive in Explorer

Unable to access network drive in Explorer: I have a NAS (WD MyBookLive) which cannot be accessed in Windows Explorer on my brand new Surface by IP address (or name- though that doesn't work on any of my devices for some reason). I can access the config page in my browser by IP, and two other Win10 devices on my...