Windows 10: Unable to Access a Network PC (user ID/password lost)

Discus and support Unable to Access a Network PC (user ID/password lost) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have lost track of (do not remember) the credentials (user ID / password) of one PC on my home network. Is there somewhere in Settings I should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by caleZS, Jul 23, 2019.

1. caleZS Win User

Unable to Access a Network PC (user ID/password lost)

I have lost track of (do not remember) the credentials (user ID / password) of one PC on my home network. Is there somewhere in Settings I should look, as Administrator, to find this information? HELP … please advise where to go to find the network credentials, including detailed steps. System: Windows 10, latest upgrade.

Thanks, I’d be greatly indebted.

:)

caleZS, Jul 23, 2019
  2. Landyman Win User

Passwords for network folder access

After Windows installed 1803, I lost all networked folders.

I have three PCs on my home wi-fi network:-

PC A - Windows 7 Pro
    PC B - Windows 7 Pro
    PC C - Windows 10 Pro

I could access all shared folders on all 3 PCs before the 1803 upgrade.

Then PC C disappeared. I've managed to get it visible again on PC A and B, but can't find the correct usernames and passwords to use on PC A and B.

I've spent best part of yesterday and today searching the internet, but no success.

When setting up PC C there was confusion about a Microsoft Account, which I have only on PC 3, but don't want. So I use four digit PIN when visual access fails - low light or glasses not being worn!

My wife is also on the network and she could by misstake access folders. It would be nice if only I could access networked folders.

I am the only account on all my computers, as administrator.

Any suggestions, please.

Landyman, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Windows 10 New User ID & Password created and forgot password

Windows 10 ,New User ID & Password created and forgot password.

Now unable to login

if I reset factory default my all software ,ms office ,games etc will be lost

please help

YogendraVishwakarma, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Setting up a network

in order to get permission, you need to add a user to the shares list for that folder.

Keep in mind for you to add a user name (say, Kurgan) that username must exist on both PC's *and* have the same password on both.

99% of people who set up network sharing simply set folders as read only (media folders, games etc) and then set up a "dump" folder with full access, so when you want to paste files you do it in there.

Yes its a big issue with the security, i lost every EXE file on a 400GB drive once due to a nasty virus attacking my network shares from a housemates PC.

Mussels, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to Access a Network PC (user ID/password lost) - Similar Threads - Unable Access Network

2. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  3. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  4. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network Drive is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Drive is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect.: Hi all, I'm having issues retaining connection to my network drives home network Synology NAS on reboot. To start: I believe this is a Windows problem, as I had the drives mapped to this same machine before I did a clean windows install. I have no problems connection to,...
  6. (Network Drive) is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Network Drive) is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect.: [ATTACH] Hi all, I'm having issues retaining connection to my network drives (home network Synology NAS) on reboot. To start: I believe this is a Windows problem, as I had the drives mapped to this same machine before I did a clean windows install. I have no problems...
  7. user ID , pin and passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user ID , pin and passwords: I have 2 laptops running windows 10. Can i use the same user ID, password, pin, cellphone number, and email address for both laptops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-id-pin-and-passwords/b35bb65a-0f9d-4841-a207-d180ecf335e3
  8. Lost access to user accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost access to user accounts: A few months ago windows performed an upgrade that made the other 2 user accounts unaccusable. Mine as the administrator still worked the other 2 did not. They were still there and could log in with their passwords but they would log-in into a blank screen. You can activate...
  9. User-ID/Password problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User-ID/Password problems: On my home Wifi net, I have had my HP desktop, a Dell Venue pad and a Samsung TV. All co-existed quite well for years. Around April this year, I resuscitated my deceased wife's HP laptop, giving a new battery. All 3 computers run Windows 10. Since the May-June Windows...
  10. User-ID/Password problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    User-ID/Password problems: On my home Wifi net, I have had my HP desktop, a Dell Venue pad and a Samsung TV. All co-existed quite well for years. Around April this year, I resuscitated my deceased wife's HP laptop, giving a new battery. All 3 computers run Windows 10. Since the May-June Windows...