Windows 10: Unable to access a URL copied to a Word doc.

Discus and support Unable to access a URL copied to a Word doc. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Word 2013.Firefox.Windows 10 home. I have started to get the message “Yours organisation’s policies are preventing us from completing this action for... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by editman99, May 8, 2019.

1. editman99 Win User

Unable to access a URL copied to a Word doc.

Word 2013.Firefox.Windows 10 home.
    I have started to get the message “Yours organisation’s policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. Please contact your help desk” when I control click a URL copied to a Word doc.I have the latest edition of Firefox. If I click on the same url in an email it works ok.

:)

editman99, May 8, 2019
  2. Jean G. Win User

Unable to open PDF or Word docs

I'm suddenly unable to open pdf or word docs that are posted on a website that I access regularly. No error message. Just clocking and then a blank screen?

Jean G., May 8, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Computer update - no access to some word docs

Hi Kim,

For us to isolate what is causing the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Can you provide all the updates installed on your computer?
    Note: To check, press Windows key + i > select
    Update & security > under Update status, click
    Update history

• "It then lists the doc I'm trying to open. I read through the details of the message and did the turn off for 30 seconds but honestly don't understand anything else it states to do." - Can you provide the list of the docs you we're
      trying to open?

It seems that the access privilege of the documents was changed after the update. Please check
    patamar97's post on this
    link to resolve the issue.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, May 8, 2019
  4. Kimmykins Win User

Computer update - no access to some word docs

Last night my computer did an update - Windows 10 was already running but this was an update to it. I honestly didn't pay that much attention. Today, I can access some of my word documents but not all of them. There is no administrator or permissions
    set up on any of the docs. The message reads "Word cannot open the document: user does not have access privileges." It then lists the doc I'm trying to open. I read through the details of the message and did the turn off for 30 seconds but honestly don't
    understand anything else it states to do. I created this document on this computer which is not on a network or anything of the sort and did not put any restrictions on it or any others. How do I gain access to it?

Thanks!

Kim

Kimmykins, May 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to access a URL copied to a Word doc. - Similar Threads - Unable access URL

2. Unable to access word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access word: I am unable to log onto my account on Word. I know my log in details are correct, as I can log onto my account on the Microsoft website, but every time I try to log in via word I am getting a message to say that the 'authentication session has expired - please log in again'....
  3. Unable to access word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access word: I am unable to log onto my account on Word. I know my log in details are correct, as I can log onto my account on the Microsoft website, but every time I try to log in via word I am getting a message to say that the 'authentication session has expired - please log in again'....
  4. Word docs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word docs: all my docs have changed to wordpad - i need word - how do i change them all back to word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/14b35def-7d81-4b36-a574-49820a43b449
  5. I am unable to open word doc or create word docs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am unable to open word doc or create word docs: I am unable top open any Docs at all- it is like I have never had Widows 10 that is the only program I have ever had on the computer how can I fix it please? All updates and security are done...
  6. Unable to convert Word doc to PDF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to convert Word doc to PDF: When I convert word doc to pdf the resulting document does not contain photos, loses a full page of text, & re-orders the document. What can I do to fix the problem? I have the most current version of Office 365. Thanks....
  7. Unable to access a URL copied to a

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to access a URL copied to a: Word 2013.Firefox.Windows 10 home. I have started to get the message “Yours organisation’s policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. Please contact your help desk” when I control click a URL copied to a Word doc.I have the latest edition of Firefox. If I...
  8. word docs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    word docs: I just renewed my $99 subscription, and yet I still can NOT access my MSWord docs to edit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/4c72539b-d66b-48de-afbc-94febd147180
  9. Unable to open Word docs or PowerPoint slides

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open Word docs or PowerPoint slides: Every time I try to open slides through PowerPoint or Word document I get a message that says "Install failed. Please contact your software vendor"....
  10. Converting a TXT doc into a Word doc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting a TXT doc into a Word doc?: How do I convert a text doc into a word doc? Thanks- LB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/converting-a-txt-doc-into-a-word-doc/d8192142-066d-49d9-b2ee-c5098ea28b03