Windows 10: Unable to access a URL copied to a

Discus and support Unable to access a URL copied to a in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Word 2013.Firefox.Windows 10 home. I have started to get the message “Yours organisation’s policies are preventing us from completing this action for... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by editman99, May 8, 2019.

1. editman99 Win User

Unable to access a URL copied to a

Word 2013.Firefox.Windows 10 home.
    I have started to get the message “Yours organisation’s policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. Please contact your help desk” when I control click a URL copied to a Word doc.I have the latest edition of Firefox. If I click on the same url in an email it works ok.

:)

editman99, May 8, 2019

2. Unable to access flash drive after copying the files on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the Flash drive on your computer. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to access the drive?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • What happens when you try to erase/ delete/ format the drive?
    • Is the desktop running on Windows 10 operating system?
    • How exactly are you trying to access the drive on your system?

If you are connecting the drive through ports, I suggest you to connect to different ports and check if it helps.

Also, as the drive was unable to be accessed on both the system, this might be an issue with the hard drive as well.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 8, 2019
  3. Unable to access my router

1. I already have a gateway configured in my house, so no, i'm not relying on this router for internet. However, I plan to make this into an access point in the very near future.

2.This is what I'm getting when i follow that step....

Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.205.6(Preferred
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

So with this i tried 169.254.205.1 with unlucky results :/

Mrblack761, May 8, 2019
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, May 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to access a URL copied to a - Similar Threads - Unable access URL

2. unable to copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to copy: Hey there,I,m unnable to copy big files on my cruzer blade 64gb pendrivethe file is 19.3 gb and im trying to copy but its shows me that the file is too largefor that i bought new pendrive but the same issue is showing me...
  3. unable to copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to copy: Hey there,I,m unnable to copy big files on my cruzer blade 64gb pendrivethe file is 19.3 gb and im trying to copy but its shows me that the file is too largefor that i bought new pendrive but the same issue is showing me...
  4. Bitlocker Key URL not accessible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Key URL not accessible: I am trying to get my Bitlocker key through the microsoft page. The URL that is provided for me on my profile, however, is invalid. Are there any ways for me to access that since I didn't save the key beforehand? Are there other URLs?...
  5. Chrome Extension To Copy Embedded Video URL

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Extension To Copy Embedded Video URL: Is there a Chrome extension that can copy the URL of an embedded video or open the URL in a new window? With Internet Explorer, you just had to right click the video and select "create shortcut" and send to the desktop. With Chrome it seems to be a very long winded affair to...
  6. Copy URL from a .exe Web App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copy URL from a .exe Web App: I have a .exe Web App and I want to copy a URL from it but it isn't allowing me to do that. Please help. submitted by /u/Background_Screen497 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kxwnen/copy_url_from_a_exe_web_app/
  7. URL access loophole / Issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    URL access loophole / Issue: Hi I wonder if anybody can help or if they know this is a know issue. Been using Microsoft Family for my kids and noticed there is a flaw in how it may block a certain URL & allows the child to access. e.g. Blocked URL www.youtube.com Allowed URL - Specific Youtube...
  8. Copy/paste URL

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copy/paste URL: Hello. On a Mac when you right click a domain URL someone has sent you, you have the option to copy the URL (https://) or just the domain name itself. Does anyone know if a tool/tweak for something like this exists on windows 10. My job has me copy/pasting a lot of domain...
  9. Unable to access a URL copied to a Word doc.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to access a URL copied to a Word doc.: Word 2013.Firefox.Windows 10 home. I have started to get the message “Yours organisation’s policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. Please contact your help desk” when I control click a URL copied to a Word doc.I have the latest edition of Firefox. If I...
  10. URL Access. The requested URL was rejected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    URL Access. The requested URL was rejected: While trying to access MY Account on the Facebook home page I get the following message The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator. Your support ID is: 12399196352592755151 When using the Edge browser. It works fine on inprivate Window (Edge) and...