Windows 10: Unable to access administrative profile.

Discus and support Unable to access administrative profile. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all please check out my thread.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kevyn Duong, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Unable to access administrative profile.

Hello all please check out my thread. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/cant-log-in-as-administrator-on-windows-10/3f169c5c-b1f8-4808-a329-31a91ac0a66dI downloaded the media tool Dave advised me to. However, I am unable to open the program without administrative permission. What can I do?

:)

Kevyn Duong, Aug 17, 2022
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 17, 2022
  3. Unable to Access Profile

Hi Ron,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We will work together to resolve this issue.

This issue might occur because of corrupt registry/ user profile settings.

Please follow some of the below troubleshooting steps and check if you are able to access.

Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to create a new user account from it.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Unable to access administrative profile.

Unable to access apps error Cant't be open with a built in Administrator account

Hi Darrell,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

Do you have any other User account on your PC?

I guess you're trying to access the apps on built in administrator account. Yes, you can't access them using built-in Administrator account. In order to access them you should use Microsoft account. Try with the below mentioned steps and check if it helps
    you.

Suggest you to try the below mentioned steps to fix this issue, when you access the desktop screen:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File >
      Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges

• Type CMD and hit Enter key. Type or copy/paste the following commands at the CMD prompt and hit Enter key:
    net user test /add

• This command will create a new user account called test.

net localgroup administrators test /add

• On executing this command makes
      test account as administrator. In simple this will give administrator privileges to test account by adding it to administrators group.

Note: In the above command line,
    test is the name of the User Profile which we're creating. You can keep any name in the place of
    test that which you think your User Profile name should be.

Now logoff from the existing User Profile. When you're on the login screen, on the left bottom corner you can see the account which we have created. Now login with that account and try to convert that account
    as Microsoft account by navigating to Start/>
    Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account/> Sign with Microsoft account Instead.
    If you have Microsoft account try to use that by entering the credentials or else follow the steps to sign-up for new and switch with new Microsoft account.

Once you done with this, now check if you're able to access the app there.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Pavan_N, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

Unable to access administrative profile.

1. Unable to access administrative profile. - Similar Threads - Unable access administrative

2. Unable to access other user profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access other user profiles: My PC should have 2 accounts, mine and my fathersadministrator account but when logging in recently only mine has been showing up. After noticing i checked the user profiles/ family accounts tab in settings and only my account showed up. Even after re-adding his account to...
  3. Unable to access other user profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access other user profiles: My PC should have 2 accounts, mine and my fathersadministrator account but when logging in recently only mine has been showing up. After noticing i checked the user profiles/ family accounts tab in settings and only my account showed up. Even after re-adding his account to...
  4. Unable to access other user profiles

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Unable to access administrative profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access administrative profile.: Hello all please check out my thread. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/cant-log-in-as-administrator-on-windows-10/3f169c5c-b1f8-4808-a329-31a91ac0a66dI downloaded the media tool Dave advised me to. However, I am unable to open the program...
  6. Unable to access administrative profile.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access administrative profile.: Hello all please check out my thread. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/cant-log-in-as-administrator-on-windows-10/3f169c5c-b1f8-4808-a329-31a91ac0a66dI downloaded the media tool Dave advised me to. However, I am unable to open the program...
  7. Administrator Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Profile: How do I delete the Administrator profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-profile/103613c1-3631-41b0-b02c-e73a71f943ba
  8. I'm unable to make my profile administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm unable to make my profile administrator: I've tried netplwiz and control panel but neither of this works... Using netplwiz says that my profile is administrator but I don't have any permissions, I can't install winrar please help me...
  9. Unable to access administrative tools

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access administrative tools: I have mistakenly removed all the files from the program data folder. I am currently using windows 10 home edition. [ATTACH] Getting this error after running the control admintools from administrative powershell, please help me to get these files back I have tried several...
  10. Unable to access other profiles on laptop.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to access other profiles on laptop.: I have a Samsung laptop on which I had three profiles. (my own, my partners and my sons) While signing into my profile after startup I had an error about the login not being recognised and was signed into a temporary user that allowed me very little access and told me that...