Windows 10: Unable to access Adobe Digital Editions on Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to access Adobe Digital Editions on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two identical ACER desktops running the same version of Windows 10 with the same latest updates. On one desktop, ADE would not open, no matter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HarryKlein1, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Unable to access Adobe Digital Editions on Windows 10

I have two identical ACER desktops running the same version of Windows 10 with the same latest updates. On one desktop, ADE would not open, no matter how I tried. Multiple uninstalls, cold boots, re installs, ADE 4.5.10 would not open. On the second desktop, ADE 4.5.10 installs, opens, runs flawlessly. All the properties and settings look the same. I may be missing something, so if someone can help, I would appreciate it. Adobe support was clueless.

***Title modified from Adobe Digital Editions***

:)

HarryKlein1, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Gowrish_S Win User

Adobe Digital Edition

Hi GiseleFori,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Do you get any error message when you try to download the Adobe Digital Edition?
    2. Which version of Adobe Digital edition are you trying to download?

As per Adobe support, it is compatible with Windows 7. You can try installing it in compatibility mode.

For installing it in compatibility mode, you may follow this step:

• Right click on setup file and click on Properties.
    • Under compatibility tab, check the option “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” and select Windows 7.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

You may download the
    Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.9 version
    and check if it is works.

You may refer the steps mentioned in this article named
    Install Adobe Digital Editions on Windows 7, Vista, XP
    to install this application.

Please refer the solution provided in this article named
    Installation issues for Adobe Digital Editions 4.0
    and check if it helps.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Downloading to Kobo with Adobe Digital Editions

Hi Roger,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

You may be facing the above issue due to the incompatibility of the programs on Windows 10 operating system. You can try installing the program software in
    compatibility mode and check if the software works.

Follow the steps below to install the software in compatibility mode and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the program setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Refer to the link below on similar issue and check if it helps:

Adobe Digital Editions

I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps.

Unable to open .acsm file in Digital Editions because it tries to open in Adobe Reader

If the issue persist, I suggest you to post your query to Adobe support as they will be better equipped to help you with the above issue.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_digital_editions

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

Unable to access Adobe Digital Editions on Windows 10

Adobe digital editions

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it can be, we will look into this for you. Please follow the below mentioned methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to update the Adobe Digital Edition on your computer and check if that helps. Please refer the article
    Adobe Digital Editions to install the update.

If the issue persists, please follow method 2.

Method 2:

I also suggest to uninstall the particular update from settings and check if that makes any difference.

• Press Windows logo + I, to open
      Settings.
    • Click on Update & Security.
    • Select Windows updates.
    • Click on View update history.
    • Click on Uninstall updates and uninstall the update that is causing the issue and check if that helps.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Unable to access Adobe Digital Editions on Windows 10

1. Unable to access Adobe Digital Editions on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable access Adobe

2. my latest version 4.5.11 of Adobe Digital Editions does not recognize the Windows 10; it...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my latest version 4.5.11 of Adobe Digital Editions does not recognize the Windows 10; it...: Adobe digital editions used to work on my HP computer with Windows 10; now it does not; the troubleshooter compatability bar only goes up to Windows 8; I don't know what happened....
  3. Adobe Digital Edition for Windows not on MS store!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adobe Digital Edition for Windows not on MS store!: I am trying to download an E-book for my Kaplan NCLEX test prep. It come in ACSN format and REQIRES me to have Adobe Digital Edition to open the file that will download the book (the .acsn file itself is not the book, but a file that tells ADE to install the book). but when I...
  4. Cannot run Adobe Digital Editions on Windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot run Adobe Digital Editions on Windows10: I cannot launch Adobe Digital Editions on my Windows 10 computer at all. The remedies all over the internet I tried included: moving and deleting folder, fixing install, reinstall, install to a non-standard place, but after launch application invariably stops at once, without...
  5. Adobe Digital Editions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adobe Digital Editions: I have two identical ACER desktops running the same version of Windows 10 with the same latest updates. On one desktop, ADE would not open, no matter how I tried. Multiple uninstalls, cold boots, re installs, ADE 4.5.10 would not open. On the second desktop, ADE 4.5.10...
  6. Tablet Surface Pro Windows 10 Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet Surface Pro Windows 10 Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.10: Dear all, I am using a Surface Pro tablet (Windows 10) and try to run Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.10. It does not work, instead it sticks to the taskbar and cannot be opened. This problem only appears on my tablet, not on my laptop (also Windows 10). Does anybody know how to...
  7. Adobe digital editions

Adobe digital editions: Once again the latest download from MS has caused my Adobe Digital Editions to stop allowing my ereader from opening library books. Latest download was Version 1809 x 64 - KB4489899. Library books can be downloaded to the adobe and then downloaded to the kobo ereader but...
  8. Problem with Adobe Digital Edition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem with Adobe Digital Edition: I always have problems with Adobe Digital Edition because it freezes or sometimes doesn’t want to download properly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-adobe-digital-edition/0bd8381d-5b48-413c-a902-132e47505233"
  9. Adobe Digital Edition

Adobe Digital Edition: ADE has been a long standing problem. This time it doesn't even download properly. When can we hope for a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-digital-edition/1e1fb809-e7b7-4a93-bf66-093b001e62b9
  10. Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.4 won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.4 won't open.: There is no problem with 4.0.3. However after I click the Digital Edition 4.5.4 shortcut, the mouse cursor become a loading blue circle for a while, and nothing happen. My OS is Windows 10 creator update 15063.138. Will next Windows update solve this problem? 82604