Windows 10: Unable to access 'Advanced system settings' without granting UAC permission

Discus and support Unable to access 'Advanced system settings' without granting UAC permission in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Firstly, I have accessed this quite a few times, and I've never been asked for this permission before. Also, the UAC request mentions that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by amos-p, Dec 1, 2020.

1. amos-p Win User

Unable to access 'Advanced system settings' without granting UAC permission

Firstly, I have accessed this quite a few times, and I've never been asked for this permission before. Also, the UAC request mentions that systempropertiesadvanced.exe is from 'Publisher: Unknown'. Why does a system application have publisher as 'Unknown'? Is it safe to grant permission?

:)

amos-p, Dec 1, 2020

2. Grant a specific application permanent UAC permission

Hello jaksps,

In line with your concern, User Account Control doesn't have a "allowed-or-blocked" list and disabling the User Account Control involves security risks. Though, there is a workaround to run a program without UAC prompt using Task Scheduler. I'd recommend
    performing the steps suggested by SpiritX MS MVP in this
    thread

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Permissions Issues

Hooray!!!! Thanks so much, you are a superstar. Issue resolved.

I thought the fact that "Administrators" were listed in the permissions meant that all Admins had access, but apparently not. Now I added my specific login account, it works fine.

Thanks so much for your help, these UAC things in Windows are quite confusing, I am not (entirely) stupid!!

glastolover, Dec 1, 2020
  4. jaksps Win User

Grant a specific application permanent UAC permission

I've just gotten a new PC with Win10 on it. I use TDAmeritrade's "ThinkOrSwim" platform which first checks/downloads updates every time I run it. And UAC insists on asking me many times a day if I want to run it. How can I drive a stake through it's heart?
    This is just ridiculous.

I've searched and found info like the link below, but it is no help. I go through and make all the settings for Administrator and yet it still always badgers me for permission. The only solution I've found is to disable UAC altogether. I'd rather just
    tell it to allow this one program, but if it comes to it I'll have to kill UAC entirely.

windows 10, grant a specific application PERMANENT permission to 'make changes'?

Any insight?

jaksps, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to access 'Advanced system settings' without granting UAC permission - Similar Threads - Unable access 'Advanced

2. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...: On a one-year-old Dell Optiplex standalone, logged in as the administrator running Windows 10 Pro, I'm receiving this error. I have many applications installed and don't have time to reinstall Windows and all my applications.Can you assist with a resolution?The...
  3. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...: On a one-year-old Dell Optiplex standalone, logged in as the administrator running Windows 10 Pro, I'm receiving this error. I have many applications installed and don't have time to reinstall Windows and all my applications.Can you assist with a resolution?The...
  4. application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission ...: Anyone able to translate the M$oft-ese jibberish [below] into actual, comprehensible English? Showing up in EventViewer immediately after launching VLC media player & connecting headphones to PC appears to have prompted PC crash/re-start or possibly unrelated?M$ doc cited by...
  5. how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?: how to grant appropriate permissions to access file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-grant-appropriate-permissions-to-access/32fb43b9-6461-4f90-a77c-adae23dfb1db
  6. how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?: how to grant appropriate permissions to access file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-grant-appropriate-permissions-to-access/32fb43b9-6461-4f90-a77c-adae23dfb1db
  7. GRANT ACCESS

in Windows 10 Customization
    GRANT ACCESS: Aditional permissions are required to access the following files... MS Word needs access to the file named.. Sečect the mite to grant access. Word cannot open the document : user does not have access privileges...
  8. How can I be granted access to more advanced power settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I be granted access to more advanced power settings?: Hi, I will try to make this as easy to understand as possible. Under Power Options > Change advanced power settings. But I only have the available options in the image attached. I am trying to optimize my device to run a piece of software the best way possible for me Ableton...
  9. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...: I'm having this issue, The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {37399C92-DC3F-4B55-AE5B-811EE82398AD} and APPID {37399C92-DC3F-4B55-AE5B-811EE82398AD} to the user...
  10. system advanced settings unable to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system advanced settings unable to open: hi recently to correct my command prompt path i entered in to environmental variables accidentally deleted some variables... and now am unable to open system advanced settings also...