Windows 10: unable to access any lan devices

Discus and support unable to access any lan devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running windows 10. I am not able to reach any lan devices, for example, the pihole website, or ping my gateway. I temporarily turned off windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by droidus, Dec 2, 2018.

1. droidus Win User

unable to access any lan devices

I am running windows 10. I am not able to reach any lan devices, for example, the pihole website, or ping my gateway. I temporarily turned off windows firewall, which did not help. It seems that other devices on the network are able to see the lan clients just fine, so it's something with the way this particular host is configured.

:)

droidus, Dec 2, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Unable to access device file.

Hi Emu,

There are several factors that could cause the issue. We would like to ask the following questions to know more:

• Were there changes made before the issue occurred?
    • How are you connecting the wireless controller to your PC?
    • Does the device work with a different PC?

We suggest you run a Hardware and Device Troubleshooter by following this steps to help us in resolving the issue:

• From the Start menu, type Troubleshooting in the search bar, then hit
      Enter.
    • Click View all at the left side of the window from the
      Troubleshooting
      window
    • Click the Hardware and Devices menu to launch and run the troubleshooter.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Dec 2, 2018
  4. unable to access any lan devices

Unable to access Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as there are no drivers in Device Manager on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to access Wi-Fi and Bluetooth as there are no drivers under Device Manager after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after upgrading to Windows 10.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Steps:

• Press Windows
      key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select it.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest drivers and updates for your device after upgrading to Windows 10.

This will help you to find the drivers for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and may help in installing the drivers.

Steps:

1. Connect to the internet (Wired internet connection).

2. Press
    Windows key and type updates.

3. Click on
    Check for updates.

4. Under
    Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.

5. Try to install the updates being shown.

Refer: Connect to Bluetooth devices

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

unable to access any lan devices

1. unable to access any lan devices - Similar Threads - unable access lan

2. Unable to access USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access USB device: Hi, I have Microsoft 11. I have inserted a USB device but I am not seeing the device under "This PC". I am seeing the device listed under "Settings", "Bluetooth & Devices", "other devices" connected to USB 3.0. . What step can I take to access this device?...
  3. Unable to access USB device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access USB device: Hi, I have Microsoft 11. I have inserted a USB device but I am not seeing the device under "This PC". I am seeing the device listed under "Settings", "Bluetooth & Devices", "other devices" connected to USB 3.0. . What step can I take to access this device?...
  4. Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN: Hello,I have tried EVERYTHING I can find on the Error code search. I have spent in excess of 40hrs on this including with the NAS mftr ASUS, elevated Support and conclusion 'it is a Windows problem'.So, with all due respect and grateful of anyone who is prepared to 'dig deep'...
  5. Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN: Hello,I have tried EVERYTHING I can find on the Error code search. I have spent in excess of 40hrs on this including with the NAS mftr ASUS, elevated Support and conclusion 'it is a Windows problem'.So, with all due respect and grateful of anyone who is prepared to 'dig deep'...
  6. Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Unable to access devices in settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to access devices in settings.: Hello, some guy optimized my PC and my fps is certainty better but for some reason whenever i click 'devices' in settings the whole settings application will just close. I can access all other settings options, just not devices. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/peckzzz...
  8. Unable To Access Device Manager.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable To Access Device Manager.: You made it so admins cannot open Device Manger, Microsoft? I now have to stop everything I am doing to do a bunch of stupid things to regain device manager access. ***Edited Original Title From: YOU MORONS made it so ADMINS cannot open DEVICE MANAGER? Microsoft =...
  9. LAN access

LAN access: Hello I'm new here and wondered if there are any gurus out there who could help me with a problem. I have just installed Windows 10 on my laptop (having already installed it on my desktop PC). With my previous setup, using Windows 8 on the laptop and Windows 7 on the main...
  10. No LAN access

No LAN access: Hello everyone, I installed Windows 10 Enterprise and after 30 minutes, after one restart, LAN stopped working. I have internet connection but I can't acces my LAN (laptop and storage server). My PC has a Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller. I tried to update the driver,...