Windows 10: Unable to Access any Samba share after 2004 Update

Discus and support Unable to Access any Samba share after 2004 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everybody, Since yesterday i have already 6 computers of our company Windows 10 Pro, witch upgraded automatically to 2004. And since this upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nbo_admin, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Nbo_admin Win User

Unable to Access any Samba share after 2004 Update

Hi everybody,

Since yesterday i have already 6 computers of our company Windows 10 Pro, witch upgraded automatically to 2004. And since this upgrade they are unable to connect to any network share via SMB.

These shares are not only on our Domain controller, but also on Synology Servers. It is really strange, and i was unable to resolve the problem.

These computers were all running fine for years before this upgrade.

The only solution i found for the moment was to Format and clean install these computers. After clean install in the latest windows version, and rejoin the domain everything is fine.

Can someone help me ? or is facing the same problems ?

Because i have a lot of computers who could be affected in the near future if they trigger the update.

Thank you,

:)

Nbo_admin, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Jedi Win User

Cannot access Samba share

Hi,

I have a few Windows 10 computers and some linux computers on my network. I use Samba to enable sharing between the Windows and Linux computers. On one of the Windows computer I have a Storage Spaces drive set up as a Samba share. I can access some of the folders on this drive from the linux computers but not all of them. So I am assuming it must be a permissions issue with some of the folders.

If I go to properties, security, advanced for the folders on the Storage Spaces drive it lists the permission entries. I have noticed on the folder that can be accessed under the "Inherited from" column it lists "G:" which is the drive letter for the Storage Spaces drive.

If I go to properties, security, advanced for the folder that cannot be accessed on the Storage Spaces drive it lists the under the "Inherited from" column "None".

I am wondering if my problem could be solved by changing the "Inherited from" column from "None" to "G:".

Can this be done and is this the correct way to solve my problem?

Thank you for your help.

3. Windows 10 Pro no longer connects to Samba Share on Linux Workstation

Hello Simon,

To better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• What version of Samba Share are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have your done so far?
    We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Kenneth Mon, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Unable to Access any Samba share after 2004 Update

Unable to See Samba Share

Ok, so my router had a firmware update so I updated that and performed the shutdown sequence you ordered, no change.

As far as the DHCP automatic IP, you want the settings to look like this?

Unable to Access any Samba share after 2004 Update [​IMG]

noxsoldier, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Access any Samba share after 2004 Update

1. Unable to Access any Samba share after 2004 Update - Similar Threads - Unable Access Samba

2. Connecting to a Samba Share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to a Samba Share: I am trying to connect to a samba share. There are two users on the machine. user1 was able to access the share drive and map the share on the machine. user2 was able to access the folders. the next day user1 could not access the drives that were mapped nor could they...
  3. Cannot connect to any network shares after Windows 10 2004 Update.

Cannot connect to any network shares after Windows 10 2004 Update.: Hello, I seem to not be able to connect to any shares on my local network immediately after the 2004 update. I get "Windows cannot access \\192.168.1.100". The share in question is a samba share on an Ubuntu Server PC which I can access just fine through my laptop which is...
  4. Unable to access network shares after upgrading to 2004

Unable to access network shares after upgrading to 2004: Shares were accessible before the upgrade but now seeing this error... "You can't access this shared folder because your organization's security policies block unauthenticated access" And it is a setting I have enabled... [ATTACH]...
  5. Cannot access Samba share

Cannot access Samba share: Hi, I have a few Windows 10 computers and some linux computers on my network. I use Samba to enable sharing between the Windows and Linux computers. On one of the Windows computer I have a Storage Spaces drive set up as a Samba share. I can access some of the folders on this...
  6. unable to access any browsers after update

in Browsers and Email
    unable to access any browsers after update: i have internet access but browsers wont launch troubleshooter says web is restricted but i am logged on as admin 11995
  7. Samba share doesn't work

Samba share doesn't work: Hi, I have Vbox with Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS installed on it. My host is Win 10 (Version 10.0.10240 Build 10240). I've tried to get my samba share working for the whole day. I asked in #Windows, #ubuntu, #samba, #php, everywhere. I've googled and googled and googled.......
  8. Unable to See Samba Share

Unable to See Samba Share: Hi everyone, I'll try to keep it short. I have a headless ubuntu server that has a samba server. It's connected to the network with a cable (not wifi) and has a static IP. My desktop (also wired with static IP) is unable to see the samba share at all: not when I go to the...
  9. Can't access Samba shares on 10049

Can't access Samba shares on 10049: I just reinstalled after I was having issues. Everything seems to be working smoothly, except that I can't access the shares on all but one of my other computers for some reason. Most devices that aren't running either some flavor of Windows or Samba show up just fine. I...
  10. Long file names and shared (Samba) files access - But !!

in Windows 10 Support
    Long file names and shared (Samba) files access - But !!: Hi there Windows build 1607 Pro X64 GB edition. You CAN access these files when a Samba drive is mounted as network drive but Windows truncates the names !!!! Music will play though with VLC etc. But as VLC uses file explorer to browse files you get the ones with the...