Windows 10: Unable to access ANY start menu, Cortana, Search, notification access center, or Settings...

Discus and support Unable to access ANY start menu, Cortana, Search, notification access center, or Settings... in Cortana to solve the problem; Since late October 2022, we an IT Help Desk have begun to see This app has been blocked by your system administrator. Contact your system administrator... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Freq25, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Freq25 Win User

Unable to access ANY start menu, Cortana, Search, notification access center, or Settings...

Since late October 2022, we an IT Help Desk have begun to see This app has been blocked by your system administrator. Contact your system administrator for more info. Having searched for two weeks with every variation we can think of, we haven't found a solution yet. It's occurring on Windows 10 Version 22H2, 21H2, and 21H1, as well as Windows 11. There is not one update specifically that it has occurred with but the first one we noticed was a quality update 8482.Most recently, we have updated all the way to 22H2 with no issues. After we logged in as a user, BROKE.What hasn't helped so far..

:)

Freq25, Nov 8, 2022

2. Unable to access Start menu and Cortana in Windows 10

Hello Kevin,

As you are unable to access Start menu and Cortana on your device we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code while trying to access Start menu and Cortana?

This issue might have occurred due to missing/ corrupted system files on your device. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

• Press Windows + R keys, to open
      Run command.
    • Type cmd and hit Enter to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the command "sfc /scannow" without the quotes
      and hit Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 8, 2022
  3. Unable to access windows settings or the search bar

When i try to access the settings menu or use the search bar, i am unable to access either of them. Any suggestions?

ThomasWood7, Nov 8, 2022
  4. Unable to access ANY start menu, Cortana, Search, notification access center, or Settings...

Cortana, Start Menu and Action Center not working on Windows 10.

Original itle: Cortana, Start Menu and Action Center not live

My start menu, the Cortana search box and the Action Center are all dead. I have shortcuts in my task bar and they all work fine. To access the start menu, I have to right click but it does not give me the menu to the apps. I have action center notifications
    and cannot access to see what they are. I cannot type anything in Cortana. I built a new profile and it works but I don't want to have to recreate all my short cuts and settings that are already in my old profile. It seems others are having the same problem
    and I've tried some of the recommended fixes to no avail.

MelvaMoore, Nov 8, 2022
Thema:

Unable to access ANY start menu, Cortana, Search, notification access center, or Settings...

1. Unable to access ANY start menu, Cortana, Search, notification access center, or Settings... - Similar Threads - Unable access start

2. Unable to access ANY start menu, Cortana, Search, notification access center, or Settings...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access ANY start menu, Cortana, Search, notification access center, or Settings...: Since late October 2022, we an IT Help Desk have begun to see This app has been blocked by your system administrator. Contact your system administrator for more info. Having searched for two weeks with every variation we can think of, we haven't found a solution yet. It's...
  3. Unable to access ANY start menu, Cortana, Search, notification access center, or Settings...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access ANY start menu, Cortana, Search, notification access center, or Settings...: Since late October 2022, we an IT Help Desk have begun to see This app has been blocked by your system administrator. Contact your system administrator for more info. Having searched for two weeks with every variation we can think of, we haven't found a solution yet. It's...
  4. Start menu, search function, notification center, and Cortana nonfunctioning after latest...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu, search function, notification center, and Cortana nonfunctioning after latest...: Since the last Windows 10 update I have had the following issues:Start menu will not openSearch menu doesn't work, can't even type anything in itSearch function in file explorer disabledSettings will not open: File system error -2018374635Notifications Center will not...
  5. Start menu, search function, notification center, and Cortana nonfunctioning after latest...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu, search function, notification center, and Cortana nonfunctioning after latest...: Since the last Windows 10 update I have had the following issues:Start menu will not openSearch menu doesn't work, can't even type anything in itSearch function in file explorer disabledSettings will not open: File system error -2018374635Notifications Center will not...
  6. Start menu, search function, notification center, and Cortana nonfunctioning after latest...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Start menu and Search function not accessible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu and Search function not accessible: Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Build: 19042.985Hi;after the last Windows update 14/5 I cannot access my Start menu, nor use the search function. I am not sure if the update is the cause or not.Here is what I have tried so far:1. Restarting the computer.2. Ran SFC utility corrupt...
  8. Setting, start menu, notification center, search menu not working

Setting, start menu, notification center, search menu not working: Hello, after recent updates from Windows, I've found a lot of problems. I can't access the start menu, search menu, action center, task bar, as well as setting. When I try to use the keyboard shortcut to open the settings, it said something along the line like 'Class Not...
  9. Unable to Access Start Menu or Any Windows Logo task

Unable to Access Start Menu or Any Windows Logo task: I have been having troubles with my Windows 10 device past couple of days. Several BSODs. Ran Startup Repair this morning, when the device froze at the login screen. Device can boot up now, but even more problems. Clicking on Windows icon to access Start menu and switch...
  10. Can't access the start menu, or action center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't access the start menu, or action center: I bought MS Surface Book i5 from a pawn shop. I guess they wiped it and reset it. I can't access the start menu, action center, settings menu, theres no browsers, no apps, no cortana nothing. All i can really do is get a wifi connection and open windows store. It has Win 10...