Windows 10: Unable to access BitLocker encrypted drive

Discus and support Unable to access BitLocker encrypted drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I add bitlocker to one off my drive after window it cant open with the password and even with the bitlocker recovery key . ***Original title:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HarisKhan_444, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Unable to access BitLocker encrypted drive

I add bitlocker to one off my drive after window it cant open with the password and even with the bitlocker recovery key .

***Original title: Bitlocker***

:)

HarisKhan_444, Jan 7, 2020

2. Unable to access drive after encrypting it through BitLocker

Hi Parthiv,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while accessing the USB drive encrypted with BitLocker.

One of the things you can try is to check if the BitLocker Drive Encryption Service is running or not.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type services.msc and hit
      Enter.
    3. Now look for the BitLocker Drive Encryption Service.
    4. Right click on the service and click on Start

Try accessing the drive and check after starting the service and see if you are able to access the drive.

Additionally, you can refer the articles
    BitLocker Recovery Guide
    and
    manage-bde: unlock

However, since you are using BitLocker let me point you in the right direction for support. I would suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    , where we have expertise and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on BitLocker to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 7, 2020
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Unable to access BitLocker encrypted drive

Unable to access Bitlocker encrypted External drive

Bitlocker is tied to the OS you installed it on. If you cannot access the old HD you cannot gain access to the bitlocked drive.

Yet another reason not to use encryption

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Unable to access BitLocker encrypted drive

1. Unable to access BitLocker encrypted drive - Similar Threads - Unable access BitLocker

2. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Drive Encryption: I started to decrypt an external hard drive that I got from Seagate with my recovered files on it. Too late they contacted me and said that they didn't recommend my decrypting it but if I started it I needed to let it finish. They told me that I had to turn to MS to get...
  3. Access a Bitlocker encrypted system drive as external drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access a Bitlocker encrypted system drive as external drive: I am getting rid of a desktop with a bitlocker encrypted C drive. I want to physically remove that drive and have access to it from another pc via external usb dock or enclosire Bitlocker question: Do I need to decrypt it first ? I was thinking with the key or the password...
  4. Access a Bitlocker encrypted system drive as external drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Access a Bitlocker encrypted system drive as external drive: I am getting rid of a desktop with a bitlocker encrypted C drive. I want to physically remove that drive and have access to it from another pc via external usb dock or enclosire Bitlocker question: Do I need to decrypt it first ? I was thinking with the key or the password...
  5. Unable to encrypt drive via Windows BitLocker

Unable to encrypt drive via Windows BitLocker: Hi There is some background of my problem I am using Windows BitLocker for quite a while. My C drive is fully encrypted. BitLocker always asks me to provide a password whenever I press the power button to start my laptop. Once the Password is supplied then Boot starts....
  6. Bitlocker encrypted drive access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker encrypted drive access denied: When I open bitlocker password protected drive than error shows that "The code execution cannot proceed because FVEAPI.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem". plz help me and how to fix this error. window 10 pro education version1909 [ATTACH]...
  7. Unable to access drive after encrypting it through BitLocker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access drive after encrypting it through BitLocker: Hi, I recently Bitlocked my USB flash drive for security purposes. But now when I attempt to open my USB, it simply says "Location not available" "D:\ is not accessible" "Access is denied." Please help. ***Original title: Bitlocker USB Drive***...
  8. Unable to access hard drive after encrypting it using Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to access hard drive after encrypting it using Bitlocker: Hi, I attached a removable hard drive with my office laptop. I mistakenly choose to bitlocker encryption. Bitlocker started encryption and stopped at 76%. After waiting for long time I removed it from laptop. After that I tried to read the data using my office laptop and home...
  9. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker Drive Encryption: I got 500 Gb drive , about 450 Gb of data I started the encryption process , it reached 58.7% and stuck there without a change since yesterday please advice. Thanks [ATTACH]...
  10. Accessing Bitlocker Drive Encryption menu

Accessing Bitlocker Drive Encryption menu: Although I'm an Admin on my Win 10 Pro system (Surface Laptop), I can't access the subject menu. Instead, I receive the SysAdmin notice, as in the screenshot. This seems like a new "feature," as I could access it from my previous Win 10 Surface. I suppose that I could make...