Windows 10: Unable to access Chrome and Firefox on the child account error: need parent permissions.

Discus and support Unable to access Chrome and Firefox on the child account error: need parent permissions. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son was using his PC this morning/early afternoon and all apps were working fine. They have been for some time. Without changing any restrictions or... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by WC1APP, Jan 22, 2019.

1. WC1APP Win User

Unable to access Chrome and Firefox on the child account error: need parent permissions.

My son was using his PC this morning/early afternoon and all apps were working fine. They have been for some time. Without changing any restrictions or anything, all of a sudden he cannot open Chrome or Firefox. He is given a message saying he needs permission from a parent and an option to email me. I followed the link in my email to allow permission and thought "OK that's done." But when he tried again, he got the same message. We have now tried this about a dozen times and it will not work. He cannot use Chrome, he cannot use Firefox. This is pretty much one of the only reasons/apps we got his computer for. I have gone to family settings and can see nothing that should be preventing him from using these browsers (and anyway I did not change settings and they were working fine before). So what are we supposed to do now???

*** Modified title from: Mystery re: Parent Restrictions/Permissions ***

:)

WC1APP, Jan 22, 2019
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue occurs when you logged in to Windows using Child account.

Below are few of the troubleshooting you can try that will help you with this issue.

Method 1:

1. When you open Chrome, you will find an option to take permission.
    2. Click on Ask by Email.
    3. That will send an email to your parents account and you can give the permission from the parents account to use the application.

Method 2:

If you want your account to be removed from family account, you can login to your parent account and

Remove members from your family group.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Child account keeps asking for parent permission

We are not able to access to my sons Microsoft account.

Every time we do, it asks for parental permission. I go through the steps, I give all the permission, then it does it again, and again, and eventually, it will just give below error.

If I try again, the same thing happens.

I have tried this on multiple computers and multiple browsers, same issue.

Removing him from my family doesn't help.

There seems to be some inherent problem with Microsoft child accounts, as I have created 10+ different accounts for him, and end up having the same issue every time.

Microsoft support are no help at all, we just go round and round in circles repeating the same steps indefinitely, while they refuse to read previous replies or accept that we have already done it 20 times before. Thus why I have had 10+ different accounts.

does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Something's not working

It's us, not you.

TraceId: Kap2c1bzCUOqEHux.27.42.27

Russ Michaels, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Unable to access Chrome and Firefox on the child account error: need parent permissions.

Cannot Open Google Chrome or Mozilla FireFox - Need Parent Permission error after leaving microsoft family

We appreciate that you perform the steps we've provided. It seems that your account is still included
    in your parent's account family list as a child. To further isolate your issue, we'd like to know if you already asked your parent to log in to their account and check if you're still included on their family list. Yes, kindly remove yourself to
    the family and check if there will be any changes.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to access Chrome and Firefox on the child account error: need parent permissions. - Similar Threads - Unable access Chrome

2. Parent permission error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parent permission error: I’ve struggled with Microsoft for a while now because they changed a lot of things. I’m attempting to download the Xbox app and every time it tells me to ask for a parents permission. Thing is, there is nobody to ask because there is nobody in my family on Microsoft. Yes, I...
  3. Parent permission error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parent permission error: I’ve struggled with Microsoft for a while now because they changed a lot of things. I’m attempting to download the Xbox app and every time it tells me to ask for a parents permission. Thing is, there is nobody to ask because there is nobody in my family on Microsoft. Yes, I...
  4. Parent permission error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Firefox and Chrome require parents' permission to use, despite me not being a child account

Firefox and Chrome require parents' permission to use, despite me not being a child account: Hi, I have a strange problem. My account used to be a child account of my father's, although no parental restrictions were applied. Since turning 18, my account was removed from his. However, when I attempt to launch specifically Firefox or Chrome Not any other browsers or...
  6. Parental permission for chrome not working

Parental permission for chrome not working: My son needs to use chrome for his online schooling. Microsoft has flagged chrome. I have given permission over 20 times, over the last year or so. I get the confirmation screen. Chrome a green check circle next to it, but my son still can't use it. Microsoft help is utterly...
  7. Parental permission for Google Chrome

Parental permission for Google Chrome: I have a microsoft account with 2 children in my family. They need Google Chrome to access their school work. I allowed one account to download Chrome with no issues. I have allowed the other to download it as well, SEVERAL times, but when they go to open the program, it says...
  8. Google Chrome asking for Parental Permissions when accessing

Google Chrome asking for Parental Permissions when accessing: I installed google chrome on my laptop so I could play some browser game that don't work on Microsoft edge. and despite the face that I am an adult and Microsoft says that my account it a adult account every time I go to run chrome it says it has to ask for parental...
  9. Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.

Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.: I just got a PC and I downloaded google chrome and it says to ask for permission but it doesn't send an email. I tried doing it manually but there is no settings for my Microsoft account to allow google chrome. I tried changing my families, I tried viewing my devices...
  10. Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.: I just got a PC and I downloaded google chrome and it says to ask for permission but it doesn't send an email. I tried doing it manually but there is no settings for my Microsoft account to allow google chrome. I tried changing my families, I tried viewing my devices...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to open chrome child account

2. mirosoft child accunt cannot open chrome

3. child cannot access chrome

4. give permission to child account to use firefox,
  5. chrome access permission error,
  6. parental permission to access chrome on windows 10,
  7. firefox needing parental permission on pc,
  8. firefox permission child windows 10,
  9. Unable to login to Chrome asking for parent permission,
  10. firefox request permission parent,
  11. firefox windows 10 child permission,