Windows 10: Unable to access Chrome and Firefox on the child account error: need parent permissions.

Discus and support Unable to access Chrome and Firefox on the child account error: need parent permissions. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son was using his PC this morning/early afternoon and all apps were working fine. They have been for some time. Without changing any restrictions or... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by WC1APP, Jan 22, 2019.

1. WC1APP Win User

Unable to access Chrome and Firefox on the child account error: need parent permissions.

My son was using his PC this morning/early afternoon and all apps were working fine. They have been for some time. Without changing any restrictions or anything, all of a sudden he cannot open Chrome or Firefox. He is given a message saying he needs permission from a parent and an option to email me. I followed the link in my email to allow permission and thought "OK that's done." But when he tried again, he got the same message. We have now tried this about a dozen times and it will not work. He cannot use Chrome, he cannot use Firefox. This is pretty much one of the only reasons/apps we got his computer for. I have gone to family settings and can see nothing that should be preventing him from using these browsers (and anyway I did not change settings and they were working fine before). So what are we supposed to do now???

*** Modified title from: Mystery re: Parent Restrictions/Permissions ***

:)

WC1APP, Jan 22, 2019
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue occurs when you logged in to Windows using Child account.

Below are few of the troubleshooting you can try that will help you with this issue.

Method 1:

1. When you open Chrome, you will find an option to take permission.
    2. Click on Ask by Email.
    3. That will send an email to your parents account and you can give the permission from the parents account to use the application.

Method 2:

If you want your account to be removed from family account, you can login to your parent account and

Remove members from your family group.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Child account keeps asking for parent permission

We are not able to access to my sons Microsoft account.

Every time we do, it asks for parental permission. I go through the steps, I give all the permission, then it does it again, and again, and eventually, it will just give below error.

If I try again, the same thing happens.

I have tried this on multiple computers and multiple browsers, same issue.

Removing him from my family doesn't help.

There seems to be some inherent problem with Microsoft child accounts, as I have created 10+ different accounts for him, and end up having the same issue every time.

Microsoft support are no help at all, we just go round and round in circles repeating the same steps indefinitely, while they refuse to read previous replies or accept that we have already done it 20 times before. Thus why I have had 10+ different accounts.

does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Something's not working

It's us, not you.

TraceId: Kap2c1bzCUOqEHux.27.42.27

Russ Michaels, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Unable to access Chrome and Firefox on the child account error: need parent permissions.

Cannot Open Google Chrome or Mozilla FireFox - Need Parent Permission error after leaving microsoft family

We appreciate that you perform the steps we've provided. It seems that your account is still included
    in your parent's account family list as a child. To further isolate your issue, we'd like to know if you already asked your parent to log in to their account and check if you're still included on their family list. Yes, kindly remove yourself to
    the family and check if there will be any changes.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to access Chrome and Firefox on the child account error: need parent permissions. - Similar Threads - Unable access Chrome

2. Child Account Access

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Child Account Access: I created an account on a new laptop for my child, but as soon as I completed the process, it said the password was incorrect. I tried multiple versions of what I used, but nothing worked. I cannot get into the account. The account is listed under my account in family, but...
  3. Child account cannot access Chrome after it is unblocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account cannot access Chrome after it is unblocked: I want to set up a child account that can access Chrome. I removed Chrome from the "Always blocked" apps list. That did not work and the Child account received an "Ask for permission" pop up when I tried to open Chrome. I clicked Ask by email and I approved the request...
  4. Transfer Parent's GamerTag to Child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Parent's GamerTag to Child: Has there been any progress on this apparently long-standing issue with the fact that many children start their XBox experience using their parents Microsoft Account, but ultimately need to have their own as they enter their teenage years (without losing their gaming...
  5. Parent account requires permission from parent for sticky notes

Parent account requires permission from parent for sticky notes: Windows 10 Home. I setup family safety years ago. After a random update a while ago (can't quite remember) a dialog "You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: - Microsoft Sticky Notes" appears every time I fresh boot my PC and log into the parent (also admin)...
  6. Reset parental control when the parent's account cannot be accessed

Reset parental control when the parent's account cannot be accessed: Hello, I can't install apps I need from Microsoft Store because of parental control. I asked my parents to allow them, and they agreed to do it. I'm 17 years old BTW. However, my father's account was created ages ago, and he can't remember not only the password, but also...
  7. Reset childs family account password by parent

Reset childs family account password by parent: Hello, I created an account for my child and added to my family. After granted access to a specific device and tried to log on with this account, we realised that we did not remember the password. We never signed in to microsoft account and when I tried to reset the...
  8. Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.

Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.: I just got a PC and I downloaded google chrome and it says to ask for permission but it doesn't send an email. I tried doing it manually but there is no settings for my Microsoft account to allow google chrome. I tried changing my families, I tried viewing my devices...
  9. Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.: I just got a PC and I downloaded google chrome and it says to ask for permission but it doesn't send an email. I tried doing it manually but there is no settings for my Microsoft account to allow google chrome. I tried changing my families, I tried viewing my devices...
  10. Transferrring games from parent account to child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferrring games from parent account to child account: So I messed up. My child asked me for permission to buy Minecraft for Windows 10, and I thought I granted it. Clearly I got a wire crossed somewhere because looking at Minecraft in the store on my child's profile shows that it must be bought. Looking on our Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unable to login to Chrome asking for parent permission

2. firefox request permission parent

3. firefox windows 10 child permission

4. parent permission for chrome in windows 19,
  5. allow chrome and firefox on childs account,
  6. parent permission for chrome and firefox,
  7. cannot access chrome as it needs parents permission,
  8. need parent permission to use chrome,
  9. unable to open firefox,
  10. firefox account error windows 10