Windows 10: Unable to access D: & E: drive bcoz of bitlocker enabled

Discus and support Unable to access D: & E: drive bcoz of bitlocker enabled in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; HI all, - Received Microsoft updates - Restarted laptop - It's not booting and going to recovery mode. - Tried all the possible scenarios but cant... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AMILA IS, Jul 1, 2020.

1. AMILA IS Win User

Unable to access D: & E: drive bcoz of bitlocker enabled

HI all,

- Received Microsoft updates

- Restarted laptop

- It's not booting and going to recovery mode.

- Tried all the possible scenarios but cant do anything it asking Bitlocker recovery key.

- User dont know about bitlocker recovery key.

- Installed fresh win 10 pro OS to C: drive but still gives same result

* Need access those drives and take data..

Unable to access D: & E: drive bcoz of bitlocker enabled 2c1edbdb-c7fc-4fc9-ae52-93dc79d315ee?upload=true.jpg

:)

AMILA IS, Jul 1, 2020

2. Clone Bitlocker enable drive to SSD

Keitaro

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Heed the advice of the software, you must disable BitLocker before cloning. This is highly recommend if you ever want to get access to the drive.

There is nothing wrong with having to re-enable it after restoring the clone.

Step 1: disable BitLocker.

Step 2: clone drive

Step 3: restore the cloned image to the new drive.

Step 4: Re-Enable BitLocker.

Andre for Directly, Jul 1, 2020
  3. rda62 Win User
    How to enable Bitlocker for Fixed Drives?

Hi All,

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, Bitlocker (without TPM) is enabled and working for Removable drives, as well as the OS Drive.

I have an additional 2TB internal SATA drive that Bitlocker does not see. I do not get the option to enable Bitlocker, in the right click context menu for the drive.

If I go to Manage Bitlocker, the drive is not listed as a fixed data drive. It's not listed at all.

There is nothing wrong with the drive itself. In its current unencrypted state, I have data stored on it, and can access, read and write to all of the drives contents.

I've checked through the bitlocker group policy options, and I've googled this to death. Any help, short of a format/reload would be greatly appreciated.

rda62, Jul 1, 2020
  4. mcraygsx Win User

Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

Here is the screenshot

Imgur
    As you can see Drive D is no longer present in BitLocker Drive Encryption.

When I click on this Drive under Explorer I got the option to FORMAT this Drive and when I click cancel I get the following.
    Imgur
    When I do Right Click on this Drive, I no longer see BitLocker option like I used to.

mcraygsx, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to access D: & E: drive bcoz of bitlocker enabled - Similar Threads - Unable access drive

2. Unable to enable BitLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enable BitLocker: While enabling bitlocker getting error, screenshot attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-enable-bitlocker/1664feef-f130-43b1-833f-d19c3d4b99b4
  3. Unable to enable BitLocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enable BitLocker: While enabling bitlocker getting error, screenshot attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-enable-bitlocker/1664feef-f130-43b1-833f-d19c3d4b99b4
  4. Unable to enable BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Bitlocker enabled on its own on my partition drive E:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker enabled on its own on my partition drive E:: This morning, the Bitlocker encryption was enabled on my partition device E: Thus, I don't know where the key is. I am using a local account with no windows account signed in. C:\Windows\System32>manage-bde -status E: BitLocker Drive Encryption: Configuration Tool version...
  6. unable to access external drive with bitlocker

unable to access external drive with bitlocker: I have an external drive with bitlocker installed. I know the password and I have the encryption key. When I connect the drive to my computer that is running Windows 10 Pro, I am queried to enter my password for the external drive. However, after entering my password, the...
  7. unable to access my D drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to access my D drive: [ATTACH]unable to access my D drive , a message pop up and say "D:\ is not accessible ....access is denied" . and on bottom side it was written NTFS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-my-d-drive/2b166dc3-57c1-4208-bf98-e71c7e4dfeb1
  8. Using bitlocker in drive D/E/F/G

Using bitlocker in drive D/E/F/G: I recently upgraded to windows 10 pro. the in-built bitlocker only shows drive C to encrypt but I want to encrypt other drives too. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-bitlocker-in-drive-defg/9e58fec6-4ed9-485e-8410-d54bb3997e2d"
  9. Unable to access BitLocker encrypted drive

Unable to access BitLocker encrypted drive: I add bitlocker to one off my drive after window it cant open with the password and even with the bitlocker recovery key . ***Original title: Bitlocker***...
  10. D and E drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D and E drives: Hi all, can anyone enlighten me as to why my D or E drives don't work, I want to copy some tracks onto my OC then burn them to another disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-and-e-drives/6cf8b911-ce0d-4e4e-a023-019f7c54a140