Windows 10: Unable to access data after BIOS update

Discus and support Unable to access data after BIOS update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently updated my BIOS to resolve some issues I was having with my PC. The update seemed to resolve one problem but on logging in again I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cathexiii, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Cathexiii Win User

Unable to access data after BIOS update

I recently updated my BIOS to resolve some issues I was having with my PC. The update seemed to resolve one problem but on logging in again I was prompted to enter my PIN. This in itself was unusual as I logged in with a local account previously, not my Windows account. On logging in, I was returned to a largely blank desktop from late last year, the last time I reinstalled Windows 10. I'm unable to access any of my previous data, despite still seeing the space occupied on my drives. I'm mostly concerned about my Documents folder, is there any way to recover this information? I was under the i

:)

Cathexiii, Oct 7, 2022

2. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Oct 7, 2022
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Oct 7, 2022
  4. Unable to access data after BIOS update

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Oct 7, 2022
Thema:

Unable to access data after BIOS update

1. Unable to access data after BIOS update - Similar Threads - Unable access data

2. Unable to Access BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Access BIOS: I have a Laptop Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro.The keyboard panel is disconnected due to hardware issue. And the windows 8.1 was corrupt and kept on showing "windows failed to start", So I decided to install new os.I took advanced startup option and took UEFI Firmware and booted into BIOS...
  3. Unable to Access BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Access BIOS: I have a Laptop Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro.The keyboard panel is disconnected due to hardware issue. And the windows 8.1 was corrupt and kept on showing "windows failed to start", So I decided to install new os.I took advanced startup option and took UEFI Firmware and booted into BIOS...
  4. Unable to Access BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to access data after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access data after BIOS update: I recently updated my BIOS to resolve some issues I was having with my PC. The update seemed to resolve one problem but on logging in again I was prompted to enter my PIN. This in itself was unusual as I logged in with a local account previously, not my Windows account. On...
  6. Unable to access data after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access data after BIOS update: I recently updated my BIOS to resolve some issues I was having with my PC. The update seemed to resolve one problem but on logging in again I was prompted to enter my PIN. This in itself was unusual as I logged in with a local account previously, not my Windows account. On...
  7. Accessing Virtualization unable to bios

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Accessing Virtualization unable to bios: I am using a service that allows me to use a power VM that can run almost anything. However the service doesn't allow me to see the startup phase of the VM I can only click start streaming after the VM boots up which makes it so I cannot access BIO's and even if I go into the...
  8. Unable to Access BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Access BIOS: I am unable to access bios on my PC by pressing delete key which is the prescribed one I have a ASUS Motherboard. The system also does not boot automatically, but on pressing F8 when the booting screen is on it shows me options to select dist disk to boot. On selecting the C...
  9. Unable to access BIOS at startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to access BIOS at startup: I am converting from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, using a clean new disk and a new licence. I am having problems with a recent W 10 update, that introduced a problem with a 'PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller - Driver'. (See another thread). In Windows...
  10. Unable to access BIOS at all

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to access BIOS at all: Hi there all, recently I have been trying to run virtualisation software on my computer and as a result I have had to go to my BIOS to change the VT-X setting from disabled to enabled. This would normally be easy however upon attempting to access the bios through normal...