Windows 10: Unable To Access Device Manager Due To Administrator Privileges.

Discus and support Unable To Access Device Manager Due To Administrator Privileges. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It seems the last couple of Windows 10 updates have been horrible for my PC. Among the problems that have arisen is I can't open Device Manager... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NorthernXY, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Unable To Access Device Manager Due To Administrator Privileges.

It seems the last couple of Windows 10 updates have been horrible for my PC. Among the problems that have arisen is I can't open Device Manager because I no longer have Admin. Priv. even though it lists that I do under User Accounts.

***Edited Original Title From: Windows 10 Administrator Privileges Not Working Though Says I Still Have Them***

:)

NorthernXY, Jan 27, 2019

2. Dell Touchpad uninstall administrator privileges

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to uninstall drivers from Device Manager as it prompts saying log-in with administrator privileges, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps to enable:

Step 1: I would suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Skyfine Win User
    Windows 10 Access Denied - unable to gain administrator privileges

It is my son's computer. He is the administrator so he can log in. However the programs do not run and there is no access to any folders. When using command prompt it gives a system 5 error. It does not seem to recognize him as the administrator anymore even though in settings he is listed as the administrator. I am unable to use an elevated command prompt because access to this is denied.

Skyfine, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Unable To Access Device Manager Due To Administrator Privileges.

Unable to access Local Disks (CUnable To Access Device Manager Due To Administrator Privileges. :), (DUnable To Access Device Manager Due To Administrator Privileges. :), and any programs inside those

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with privileges to access the local account, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Please be informed us the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

This issue might be due to some error in system settings.

If you have not yet tried the below steps, I suggest you to perform and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the current user account, restart the computer and log-in with the administrator account and check if you are able to access the local drivers.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode, try to log-in with administrator account and check if the issue persists.

Try the above steps and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Unable To Access Device Manager Due To Administrator Privileges.

1. Unable To Access Device Manager Due To Administrator Privileges. - Similar Threads - Unable Access Device

2. Administrator Privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Privileges: How can I get administrator privileges for my Microsoft account on my PC? I went to setting - accounts - and there is no "Family/User Options" to click on to put my microsoft user name as an administrator. I need to download apps and the PC is blocking me on some of them...
  3. Administrator Privileges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator Privileges: I have been trying to get into my PC's admin account. I changed the PIN a while ago, and can't remember what it is. Is there a way to get into the administrator account without a password? I also have a kids' account on the computer I could get access to....
  4. administrator privileges

administrator privileges: when I try to play a game I get a pop up that says administrator privileges denied how do I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-privileges/a834187a-1f8b-4fbe-8c69-1c8f0a33bc41
  5. Administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator privileges: I am administrator on my computer. Why do I need permission from trustedinstaller, system or any other number of groups on my computer to modify, delete or otherwise make changes to my computer?...
  6. Administrator with no privileges?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator with no privileges?: I have an administrator account on windows 10 desktop. I have a program (MySQL workbench) that was installed, uninstalled, and some months later reinstalled because after all I do want to use it. The program according to MySQL forum did not uninstall some of the old files -...
  7. Unable To Access Device Manager.

Unable To Access Device Manager.: You made it so admins cannot open Device Manger, Microsoft? I now have to stop everything I am doing to do a bunch of stupid things to regain device manager access. ***Edited Original Title From: YOU MORONS made it so ADMINS cannot open DEVICE MANAGER? Microsoft =...
  8. administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    administrative privileges: Running Windows 10 with latest updates and am attempting to execute "netsh wlan show wlanreport" from comand prompt. I go to start menu, select command prompt, right click it, and select "run as administrator". From the resulting command prompt, I can execute various NETSH...
  9. Windows 10 Access Denied - unable to gain administrator privileges

Windows 10 Access Denied - unable to gain administrator privileges: Windows 10 boots however access is denied on all drives. I have tried taking ownership however since access is denied I cannot do this. I can go in and look at security settings, but changing ownership is not possible. C drive usage and free is 0 however I can see the files...
  10. administrator privileges...

administrator privileges...: I have recently had problems getting certain programs to work properly (Alzip, Finale 2012 and others), and I've discovered that somewhere along the line, presumably after the last big Windows 10 upgrade, my permissions must have changed. The result of this is that I now have...