Windows 10: Unable To Access Device Manager.

Discus and support Unable To Access Device Manager. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; You made it so admins cannot open Device Manger, Microsoft? I now have to stop everything I am doing to do a bunch of stupid things to regain device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StarfleetJ, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Unable To Access Device Manager.

You made it so admins cannot open Device Manger, Microsoft?

I now have to stop everything I am doing to do a bunch of stupid things to regain device manager access.

***Edited Original Title From: YOU MORONS made it so ADMINS cannot open DEVICE MANAGER? Microsoft = IDIOTS.***

:)

StarfleetJ, Dec 23, 2018

2. Unable to access Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as there are no drivers in Device Manager on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to access Wi-Fi and Bluetooth as there are no drivers under Device Manager after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after upgrading to Windows 10.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Steps:

• Press Windows
      key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select it.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest drivers and updates for your device after upgrading to Windows 10.

This will help you to find the drivers for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and may help in installing the drivers.

Steps:

1. Connect to the internet (Wired internet connection).

2. Press
    Windows key and type updates.

3. Click on
    Check for updates.

4. Under
    Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.

5. Try to install the updates being shown.

Refer: Connect to Bluetooth devices

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 23, 2018
  3. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Unable To Access Device Manager. What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Unable To Access Device Manager.

Unable to access Drives

Hi Suneel,

One of the reasons why you're unable to access your hard disk or an external hard drive is that these drives have been corrupted. For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Are you trying to access external hard drives or just partitioned drives on your PC?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

Just to make sure, kindly verify if your hard drive is reflected in your Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps listed below to check it:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type Device Manager.
    • Under Disk drives, kindly check if there's an error on the hard drive listed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Paolo Mag, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Unable To Access Device Manager.

1. Unable To Access Device Manager. - Similar Threads - Unable Access Device

2. Unable to access USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access USB device: Hi, I have Microsoft 11. I have inserted a USB device but I am not seeing the device under "This PC". I am seeing the device listed under "Settings", "Bluetooth & Devices", "other devices" connected to USB 3.0. . What step can I take to access this device?...
  3. Unable to access devices in settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to access devices in settings.: Hello, some guy optimized my PC and my fps is certainty better but for some reason whenever i click 'devices' in settings the whole settings application will just close. I can access all other settings options, just not devices. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/peckzzz...
  4. Device Manager Access Blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device Manager Access Blocked: Hi, I Can't Use Device Manager. I Tried SFC In Command Port & I Changed My User Account, But It's The Same And It Doesn't Work. Please Help Me.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-manager-access-blocked/d23636bf-f351-4f95-adb5-933cf47dd0a4"
  5. Unable to open Device Manager.

Unable to open Device Manager.: Dear Microsoft, I am experiencing the following issues. When I try to open Device Manager, I get this:[IMG] And when I tried to open cmd.exe and regedit, I got the following messages: [IMG][IMG]...
  6. Device Manager Access Denied.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Manager Access Denied.: I restarted my computer and now when I open device manager it says "This App has been blocked for your protection". I am using an admin account. Whenever I try to get windows updates I get an access denied error as well....
  7. NO ACCESS TO DEVICE MANAGER mmc.exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NO ACCESS TO DEVICE MANAGER mmc.exe: So when I try to open my device manager it gives me an error saying: "This app has been blocked for your protection." under that it says "mmc.exe" and below that it says Publisher: Unknown, File origin: Hard drive on this computer, Program location:...
  8. Access to device manager denied.

Access to device manager denied.: I have a LaserJet Pro MFP M426FDW (new) and HP ENVY Desktop – 750 (year old). I first tried to install the printer from supplied install cd. It came back with an error, took to long to install, stopping installed. In addition, I download the install software for the printer...
  9. Device Manager; Unable to Access Remote Setup Port (COM9)

Device Manager; Unable to Access Remote Setup Port (COM9): [img] This is a Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit, 1803 build, Attempted to install a Brother ADS-2000, but the Remote Setup Port (COM9), there is some type of device error on this particular driver. What is Remote Setup Port (COM9). I think Comm is a communications port, as...
  10. Unable To Access Device Manager Due To Administrator Privileges.

Unable To Access Device Manager Due To Administrator Privileges.: It seems the last couple of Windows 10 updates have been horrible for my PC. Among the problems that have arisen is I can't open Device Manager because I no longer have Admin. Priv. even though it lists that I do under User Accounts. ***Edited Original Title From: Windows...