Windows 10: Unable to access devices in my workgroup thru Explorer after 20H2 update.

Discus and support Unable to access devices in my workgroup thru Explorer after 20H2 update. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The names of the PCs & NAS on my network appear very slowly in the Windows Explorer, but when I click one of them or any mapping to them, I got the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PatrickWagner8, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Unable to access devices in my workgroup thru Explorer after 20H2 update.

The names of the PCs & NAS on my network appear very slowly in the Windows Explorer, but when I click one of them or any mapping to them, I got the following Message I'm french and using a french version of Windows:

Unable to access devices in my workgroup thru Explorer after 20H2 update. d84589c4-1274-4959-869c-d6bf1f8f18f2?upload=true.jpg

Pings answer OK, Internet & NAS reachable thru browser OK, printing to the network printer is OK;

Access from other PCs of my workgroup to the 20H2 PC works OK.

Other items checked :

1 In "Centre réseau et partage", the parameter "Modifier les paramètres de partage avancés" / "Privé" / "Recherche du réseau" is blocked on "Désactiver la découverte de réseau"

the button "Enregistrer les modifications" does not keep the value "Activer la découverte du réseau". ;

2 The service "Client DNS" is deactivated, and all options for launching are grayed out

"erreur système 1058" if I try "net Start DNSCache"

"erreur Le serveur RPC n'est pas disponible" if I try "ipconfig /registerdns"

Thank you for having read my broken english... Have you ever seen that problem, and can you help me to find a solution ?

:)

PatrickWagner8, Jan 20, 2021

2. unable to access quick action menus in the action centre (after 20h2 update).

after 20h2 update i am unable to access some quick actions in the action Centre. like tablet mode, Battery saver, etc . I tried customizing the action centre but was unable to find any option add those actions to the panel. pls help.

Spandan Mishra, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 20, 2021
  4. oemSoft Win User

Unable to access devices in my workgroup thru Explorer after 20H2 update.

Which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers?

For window 7, HomeUsers workgroup is available for selection, but HomeUsers is not available for window 10.

I would like to know on which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers as shown below

Window 10 only offer following workgroup selection.

• Administrators
    • Device owners
    • Distributed COM Users
    • Event Log Readers
    • Guests
    • Hyper-V Administrators
    • IIS_USRS
    • Performance Log Users
    • Performance Monitor users
    • Remote Management Users
    • System Managed Accounts group
    • Users

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

oemSoft, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Unable to access devices in my workgroup thru Explorer after 20H2 update.

1. Unable to access devices in my workgroup thru Explorer after 20H2 update. - Similar Threads - Unable access devices

2. Workgroup access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Workgroup access: My desktop running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 connects to router via Ethernet. My laptop running Windows 10 Home 20H2 connects to router via WiFi. Both have been moved to the same novel workgroup name. On "This PC" under "Network", the laptop can see the desktop, but the desktop...
  3. explorer not starting after 20h2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer not starting after 20h2: hello everyone, so i cant start explorer after latest update, but i can start apps using task manager, but i cant start explorer, i tried turning off explorer and on with task manager, still same, can someone tell me how to fix it?...
  4. Unable to install Windows after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to install Windows after 20H2 update: I installed the 20H2 update using the Update Assistance tool on the Microsoft website. Turns out my system is not compatible with the update and I was stuck in a BSOD loop upon restart. I have tried repairing my installation and rolling back, doesn't work. I have formatted...
  5. Windows Explorer broken after 20H2 update

Windows Explorer broken after 20H2 update: Since the release of the update, I have been running 20H2 on my laptop however as of yesterday Windows Explorer kinda broke The issues I have are the following: Names of files, folders, and names of tools not showing as well as shortcuts Application files not opening...
  6. Windows Explorer broken after 20H2 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Explorer broken after 20H2 update: Since the release of the update, I have been running 20H2 on my laptop however as of yesterday Windows Explorer kinda broke The issues I have are the following: Names of files, folders, and names of tools not showing as well as shortcuts Application files not opening...
  7. unable to access quick action menus in the action centre after 20h2 update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to access quick action menus in the action centre after 20h2 update.: after 20h2 update i am unable to access some quick actions in the action Centre. like tablet mode, Battery saver, etc . I tried customizing the action centre but was unable to find any option add those actions to the panel. pls help....
  8. MICROSOF: BRING BACK WORKGROUPS -- I cannot access my workgroup computer!

MICROSOF: BRING BACK WORKGROUPS -- I cannot access my workgroup computer!: 10.10.2019 ======= Before Version 19.03 I could work access my workgroup computers. Then I recieved another update and, since then, I have no longer access to any workgroup computers. I have tried all of the tips shown internet on this problem (making sure auto...
  9. windows 10 connect to windows 7 thru workgroup aggggghhh

windows 10 connect to windows 7 thru workgroup aggggghhh: I am not a puter guru so please take it easy with me , for the life of me I cannot get my windows 10 with v 1803 to see my windows 7 PC and utilise my printer connected to PC . Have read all I can find on web , changed common suggestions to no avail . Can anyone help a poor...
  10. After KB4058043, cannot access workgroup

After KB4058043, cannot access workgroup: Everything was working until I installed KB4058043. I do not know if that was a coincidence or not, but after the reboot, I cannot access any of the computers on my workgroup. I do use Kaspersky anti-virus (reinstalled it just in case). I do see this: [img]...