Windows 10: Unable to access devices in settings.

Discus and support Unable to access devices in settings. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, some guy optimized my PC and my fps is certainty better but for some reason whenever i click 'devices' in settings the whole settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/peckzzz, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Unable to access devices in settings.

Hello, some guy optimized my PC and my fps is certainty better but for some reason whenever i click 'devices' in settings the whole settings application will just close. I can access all other settings options, just not devices. Can anyone help?

submitted by /u/peckzzz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/peckzzz, Sep 23, 2020

2. Unable to access audio from speakers and headphones by setting the devices as a default on Windows 10

Hi Mitch,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing audio from headphones, speaker on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have installed all the pending updates for drivers on your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted drivers/ settings to access Default device.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to connect the headphones, set the device as a default device and check if it helps

Follow the steps:

• Right click on the sound icon at the bottom right corner of the
      Taskbar.
    • Click on Playback devices.
    • Check if you are able to find the icon headphone in the list of connected playback devices.
    • If yes, click on the icon and then click on Set default
      option.
    • Click on Apply and then on OK.

Step 3: I suggest you to find the audio drivers from Device Manager, update them and check if it helps.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager, right click on the audio drivers and click on
    Update driver software.

For better assistance refer: Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Unable to access Cortana, Search box, Settings on Windows 10

Hi Darius,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to in accessing the Cortana, Search box and Settings in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Is this issue persists on Microsoft account/ local account?
    • What is the Windows troubleshooter you have deployed to resolve the issue?
    • What is the exact error code/ error message of this issue as we are unable to access the links provided?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log-out from the current user account, restart the device, log-in with Microsoft account and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

1. Connect to the internet.

2. Press
    Windows key and type updates.

3. Click on
    Check for updates.

4. Under
    Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.

5. Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

4. Unable to access devices in settings.

Unable to access headphones after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi Clayton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to access the headphones after upgrading to Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Is this issue specific only to the headphones?
    • Is your headphones working fine on other devices?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the headphones?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after upgrading to Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if the headphones is set to playback device.

Follow the below:

• Connect the headphones to your device.
    • Right click on the sound icon at the bottom right corner of the taskbar.
    • Click on Playback devices.
    • Check if you are able to find the headphone in the list of connected playback devices.
    • If yes, click on the icon and then click on Set default option.
    • Click on Apply and then on OK.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Kindly reply back to us with the detailed description of this issue, we will be glad to assist you.

Thema:

Unable to access devices in settings.

1. Unable to access devices in settings. - Similar Threads - Unable access devices

2. Unable to access USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access USB device: Hi, I have Microsoft 11. I have inserted a USB device but I am not seeing the device under "This PC". I am seeing the device listed under "Settings", "Bluetooth & Devices", "other devices" connected to USB 3.0. . What step can I take to access this device?...
  3. Unable to access USB device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access USB device: Hi, I have Microsoft 11. I have inserted a USB device but I am not seeing the device under "This PC". I am seeing the device listed under "Settings", "Bluetooth & Devices", "other devices" connected to USB 3.0. . What step can I take to access this device?...
  4. Unable to access shared devices on network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access shared devices on network.: Hi, I'm setting up a small home network of three PCs C4-1, C4-2 and C4-3 that must be able to talk to each other and have their file system be accessed from another device. These PCs are all connected to the same router via ethernet cables and have been configured following...
  5. Unable to access sound settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access sound settings: I am currently unable to access my system's sound settings, hear sound, or process anything containing audio. Earlier today I attempted to download Rode Connect, once downloaded I was unable to access the system's sound settings. Upon seeing this I uninstalled Rode Connect in...
  6. Unable to access sound settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access sound settings: I am currently unable to access my system's sound settings, hear sound, or process anything containing audio. Earlier today I attempted to download Rode Connect, once downloaded I was unable to access the system's sound settings. Upon seeing this I uninstalled Rode Connect in...
  7. Unable to access the "Sound Settings"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to access the "Sound Settings": I recently got a new acer laptop. The laptop was good but was freezing whenever i opened something. I then did a windows updateas recommended by youtube videos it fixed the freezing...however, it caused a new problem. I am able to open settings but i can't access the sound...
  8. Unable To Access Device Manager.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable To Access Device Manager.: You made it so admins cannot open Device Manger, Microsoft? I now have to stop everything I am doing to do a bunch of stupid things to regain device manager access. ***Edited Original Title From: YOU MORONS made it so ADMINS cannot open DEVICE MANAGER? Microsoft =...
  9. unable to access any lan devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to access any lan devices: I am running windows 10. I am not able to reach any lan devices, for example, the pihole website, or ping my gateway. I temporarily turned off windows firewall, which did not help. It seems that other devices on the network are able to see the lan clients just fine, so it's...
  10. unable to access network device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to access network device: when trying to access another computer on home network i recieve network error "windows cannot access \\ desktop" that need permission from network administrator (I thought I am the administrator)...