Windows 10: unable to access/download any apps to my newly restored laptop

Discus and support unable to access/download any apps to my newly restored laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, I have had to reinstall Windows 10 on my device. Upon reinstallation, I found that most of my usual pre-installed apps ie. the Windows Store,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KorenaMc, Oct 17, 2021.

1. KorenaMc Win User

unable to access/download any apps to my newly restored laptop

Recently, I have had to reinstall Windows 10 on my device. Upon reinstallation, I found that most of my usual pre-installed apps ie. the Windows Store, Command Prompt, PowerShell are missing from my device. I also cannot install any downloaded apps such as Discord or Netflix, since I cannot access the store to change out of S mode.As of right now, the only apps I can open are Microsoft Edge and File Explorer. Upon attempting to open anything else, I am greeted with a message that states "This app cannot open. There's a problem with this app. Reinstall this application from its original insta

:)

KorenaMc, Oct 17, 2021

2. Unable to Download MyCloud App to Microsoft Surface Laptop

I am unable to download the MyCloud app to our new Microsoft Surface laptop. The laptop does not appear on the drop-down list as a device I can download the app to. Can you please help me?

Toulouse21, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Unable to Download or Access Apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to check the below methods and check if it works.

Method 1: Clear the Store Cache

You may try these steps to clear the Store cache and check if that helps:

• Press the “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard.
    • Type “wsreset.exe” and press “Enter”.
    • Reboot the computer and then check if you are able to open the Windows Store and all the other apps on the computer.

Method 2: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Method 3: Re-register the Windows Store App

If that doesn’t help, then you may try re-registering the Windows Store App by following the instructions given below and check if you are able to open the Store.

To re-register, please follow the below steps:

• Press “Windows Logo” + “Q” keys on the keyboard and type “cmd” in the search box.
    • Right click on the “Command Prompt” icon from the search results and select “Run as
      administrator
      ”.
    • On the command prompt window, write the following command, and then press “Enter”

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Check the result displayed on the command prompt window.
    • If it was successfully processed, then type “Exit” and press “Enter”.

Reply us if you need further assistance we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 17, 2021
  4. unable to access/download any apps to my newly restored laptop

Unable to download app

Hello Saurabh,

For us to be able to isolate your concern about why you're unable to download apps, kindly answer these questions:

• Which Windows version currently running on your phone?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for an update.

Gerald Mal, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

unable to access/download any apps to my newly restored laptop

1. unable to access/download any apps to my newly restored laptop - Similar Threads - unable access download

2. Hi,I am unable to download any app on my laptop WINDOWS11. KINDLY help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi,I am unable to download any app on my laptop WINDOWS11. KINDLY help: I dont understand why icant download any app on my laptop. I tried but it downloaded on my phone. i think somehow my and laptop got linked and apps are being downloaded on my phone ....
  3. Hi,I am unable to download any app on my laptop WINDOWS11. KINDLY help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi,I am unable to download any app on my laptop WINDOWS11. KINDLY help: I dont understand why icant download any app on my laptop. I tried but it downloaded on my phone. i think somehow my and laptop got linked and apps are being downloaded on my phone ....
  4. unable to login in any apps in my laptop with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to login in any apps in my laptop with microsoft account: unable to login in any apps in my laptop with microsoft account . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-in-any-apps-in-my-laptop-with/0ae3d4b5-b413-46ef-a4a6-d7dccaeb7ae8
  5. unable to login in any apps in my laptop with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to login in any apps in my laptop with microsoft account: unable to login in any apps in my laptop with microsoft account . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-in-any-apps-in-my-laptop-with/0ae3d4b5-b413-46ef-a4a6-d7dccaeb7ae8
  6. unable to access/download any apps to my newly restored laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to access/download any apps to my newly restored laptop: Recently, I have had to reinstall Windows 10 on my device. Upon reinstallation, I found that most of my usual pre-installed apps ie. the Windows Store, Command Prompt, PowerShell are missing from my device. I also cannot install any downloaded apps such as Discord or Netflix,...
  7. unable to access/download any apps to my newly restored laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to access/download any apps to my newly restored laptop: Recently, I have had to reinstall Windows 10 on my device. Upon reinstallation, I found that most of my usual pre-installed apps ie. the Windows Store, Command Prompt, PowerShell are missing from my device. I also cannot install any downloaded apps such as Discord or Netflix,...
  8. Unable to access Netflix from Browser or App on my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access Netflix from Browser or App on my laptop: Hi, Suddenly i cant open Netflix from Browser and App since 6 days ago. When open Netflix from browser the ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT appear and when open Netflix from App it only shows white blank page with Netflix logo at the top left window. This problem only happen on my...
  9. Unable to access newly created Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to access newly created Microsoft account: Hi! Need help! Bought a new laptop and thought of creating a new MS account during the start-up wizard assisted by Windows Cortana. The problem is that I couldn't access this email account! Now I get this notification under 'Shared Experiences Account' stating some of my...
  10. Download queue stuck, unable to download any apps.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Download queue stuck, unable to download any apps.: Hello, I have been having an issue with my Windows Store where the download queue is stuck with the following downloads: [ATTACH] I am unable to download any new apps because of this. I have tried force stopping, resetting and also clearing the cache of the Windows...