Windows 10: Unable to Access External HDD

Discus and support Unable to Access External HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am unable to access my 1TB HDD on my surfacepro 4 128gb. I could do that with my other computers, however on SP4 i am unable to. Once the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PradeepBapat, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Unable to Access External HDD

Hi,

I am unable to access my 1TB HDD on my surfacepro 4 128gb. I could do that with my other computers, however on SP4 i am unable to.

Once the below message comes, the system does nt response. I will end up removing the disk and do other things. Hence i have taken an image on mobile and sending it.

Kindly advice.

Unable to Access External HDD dc7ebf99-b19b-4378-843d-d1d4f6437a6d?upload=true.png

:)

PradeepBapat, Sep 16, 2020

2. Unable to access external HDD

I have Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 and use Macrium Reflect for my scheduled backups

to an external HDD housed in a caddy. Recently the backups have failed four times

due to an error "the semaphore timeout period has expired". Despite trying various

suggestions to fix from Google - no luck! Now I have no access to my external HDD

as the drive cannot be seen in ‎File Explorer. Your help for a fix will be greatly

appreciated. Regards

Peternosmas, Sep 16, 2020
  3. No access to external HDD

Just over a week ago I posted the below problem of inability to access my external HDD. I had one response from someone who asked me to send a mailshot of my Disk Management. This failed on my first attempt but was successful on the second. Despite
    sending him/her a reminder I have heard nothing further. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SEND A POSSIBLE SOLUTION AS I CANNOT DO ANY BACKUPS!

I have Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 and use Macrium Reflect for my scheduled backups

to an external HDD housed in a caddy. Recently the backups have failed four times

due to an error "the semaphore timeout period has expired". Despite trying various

suggestions to fix from Google - no luck! Now I have no access to my external HDD

as the drive cannot be seen in ‎File Explorer. Your help for a fix will be greatly

appreciated.

Peternosmas, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Unable to Access External HDD

External Drive "not accessible"

Hi,

Corrupted USB controller is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to access your external hard drive. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this

link
    to resolve the issue.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Access External HDD

1. Unable to Access External HDD - Similar Threads - Unable Access External

2. Access denied on external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied on external HDD: I have games and files on an external HDD with 750GB capacity. I was using it yesterday and now I try opening it and I see "access denied" before that there were corrupted files that I fixed using CMD command line chkdsk /f d: , I also did the DISM and sfc /scannow . I watch...
  3. Access denied on external HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied on external HDD: I have games and files on an external HDD with 750GB capacity. I was using it yesterday and now I try opening it and I see "access denied" before that there were corrupted files that I fixed using CMD command line chkdsk /f d: , I also did the DISM and sfc /scannow . I watch...
  4. Access denied on external HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to Access Encrypted Drive External HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Access Encrypted Drive External HDD: Hi Support,Kindly assist with this urgent matter. I've encrypted my external hard disk of 1 TB a couple of days ago. I DO remember the pin I set yet it doesn't accept it. I've tried it a couple of times & tried all other possible password matches & options but to no avail....
  6. Unable to Access Encrypted Drive External HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Access Encrypted Drive External HDD: Hi Support,Kindly assist with this urgent matter. I've encrypted my external hard disk of 1 TB a couple of days ago. I DO remember the pin I set yet it doesn't accept it. I've tried it a couple of times & tried all other possible password matches & options but to no avail....
  7. access denied to external hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    access denied to external hdd: I have an HP desktop with a ssd for a boot drive and I have been using an external hdd as my write to drive. An update caused BSOD and I had to do a fresh install of win 10, now I get the access denied 0x80070005 code when I try to change where new content is saved. All...
  8. No access to external HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No access to external HDD: Just over a week ago I posted the below problem of inability to access my external HDD. I had one response from someone who asked me to send a mailshot of my Disk Management. This failed on my first attempt but was successful on the second. Despite sending him/her a...
  9. Unable to access external HDD

Unable to access external HDD: I have Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 and use Macrium Reflect for my scheduled backups to an external HDD housed in a caddy. Recently the backups have failed four times due to an error "the semaphore timeout period has expired". Despite trying various suggestions to fix from...
  10. Windows 10 unable to access external HDD via USB

Windows 10 unable to access external HDD via USB: Hopefully someone can help. My desktop HD (Seagate Barracuda 2TB) drive failed in some way. That desktop system can longer boot or even recognize drive. I have connected it to my laptop as an external drive via USB. Windows explorer does not see it at all. Disk Mgmt shows it...