Windows 10: Unable To Access Folders

Discus and support Unable To Access Folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After my machine was forced to do the latest Windows update over the weekend, I am no longer able to access my documents folder or change locations the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MyliaScribe, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Unable To Access Folders

After my machine was forced to do the latest Windows update over the weekend, I am no longer able to access my documents folder or change locations the shortcut points to or remove the old one from where I had it pinned to Quick Access. It says I do not have the permissions to change this or access it.

I am the ONLY one that has access to this machine and it will not allow me to make any changes or access certain files.

How do I get my files to allow my access and stop giving me a OneDrive error when I DO NOT USE OneDrive and in fact, disabled it a year ago?

Unable To Access Folders 8eb16788-5267-4439-8346-c8294ebfda14?upload=true.png

:)

MyliaScribe, Oct 2, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Unable to access files, folders and other drivers, error: Working on it

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to access files and folders in Windows Explorer, this issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to Run SFC scan and check if you are able to access Files and folders.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 2, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable To Access Folders

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Unable To Access Folders

1. Unable To Access Folders - Similar Threads - Unable Access Folders

2. Unable to pin Downloads folder to Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to pin Downloads folder to Quick Access?: I have no trouble pinning Desktop, Documents, Pictures, Videos and Music to Quick Access but for some reason Downloads won't pin? I've checked and I can pin literally any other folder, but Downloads won't work. I can click on the option, but when I do nothing happens....
  3. Unable to access 'Quarantine' or 'Scans' folder in Windows Defender Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access 'Quarantine' or 'Scans' folder in Windows Defender Folder: Hi all, I had Windows Defender pick up a Trojan from a file I downloaded, which I quarantined. However Defender now tells me 'Remediation Incomplete'"Detected: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!mlStatus: FailedThis threat or app might not be completely remediated."There are no further...
  4. Unable to access 'Quarantine' or 'Scans' folder in Windows Defender Folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to access 'Quarantine' or 'Scans' folder in Windows Defender Folder: Hi all, I had Windows Defender pick up a Trojan from a file I downloaded, which I quarantined. However Defender now tells me 'Remediation Incomplete'"Detected: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!mlStatus: FailedThis threat or app might not be completely remediated."There are no further...
  5. Unable to access 'Quarantine' or 'Scans' folder in Windows Defender Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unable to Access Win user video folder Access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Access Win user video folder Access denied: I am using Win 10 21H1. I create videos and by default I store them in C:Users\myname\Videos If I open a file it won't let me save it. Every time I try the folder is set to read only. I have permissions set to Full Access set but if I remove read only when I next check it...
  7. Unable to Access Win user video folder Access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Access Win user video folder Access denied: I am using Win 10 21H1. I create videos and by default I store them in C:Users\myname\Videos If I open a file it won't let me save it. Every time I try the folder is set to read only. I have permissions set to Full Access set but if I remove read only when I next check it...
  8. Unable to Access Win user video folder Access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Unable to access files in desktop folders

Unable to access files in desktop folders: When I open a file folder on my desktop and attempt to open a PDF file nothing opens. I only get a spinning blue circle. My Adobe is up to date. I can open any PDF files that are received via email, but once I save them to the desktop they are no longer accessible....
  10. unable to pin folders to quick access

unable to pin folders to quick access: i can no longer pin to or view folders in my quick access due to the parameter being incorrect. i have found advice that starts with running a command that starts with "del" only to get "windows cannot find del". i do not know how to fix this when del, whatever it is,...