Windows 10: Unable to access internal HDD, shows in disk management but not explorer.

Discus and support Unable to access internal HDD, shows in disk management but not explorer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I am unable to access the secondary HDD in my PC. the drive shows in disk management but shows as an empty drive but there is data on it which i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by daz.2011, Dec 2, 2018.

1. daz.2011 Win User

Unable to access internal HDD, shows in disk management but not explorer.

Hi. I am unable to access the secondary HDD in my PC. the drive shows in disk management but shows as an empty drive but there is data on it which i need for my business. I have tried the basics and still cant access the drive. Thanks

:)

daz.2011, Dec 2, 2018

2. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Windows 10 unable to recognize and access the information saved on Hard disk drive in Windows 10.

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for replying with the status of the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check if the contents of the external HDD drive can be accessed:

• Connect the HDD to the PC, press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management from the context menu.
    • Check if the HDD is visible in the window (It should show if the drive is detected under Device manager).
    • If visible, right click on the drive and select Open from the context menu.
    • Check if the contents will open in the File Explorer window.

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Unable to access internal HDD, shows in disk management but not explorer.

Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Unable to access internal HDD, shows in disk management but not explorer.

1. Unable to access internal HDD, shows in disk management but not explorer. - Similar Threads - Unable access internal

2. Internal HDD not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD not accessible: I bought HP Notebook on 31 March 2021 from authorized dealer City Computer Resources with following details:Batch HP 15S DY3001TUIntel I3 11th Gen processor8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 15.6’FHDWin10Home, MS Office Home & Student 2019With 1 year warranty. I was using the notebook very...
  3. Can't access Internal HDD from file explorer or disk management.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access Internal HDD from file explorer or disk management.: I started my laptop as usual but I am unable to see my secondary HDD, only primary system C drive is accessible. When I open disk management only the C drive is shown but not the HDD D drive1std Pic. I am getting this notification when I open a folder from "quick access" that...
  4. Can't access Internal HDD from file explorer or disk management.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Internal HDD from file explorer or disk management.: I started my laptop as usual but I am unable to see my secondary HDD, only primary system C drive is accessible. When I open disk management only the C drive is shown but not the HDD D drive1std Pic. I am getting this notification when I open a folder from "quick access" that...
  5. Can't access Internal HDD from file explorer or disk management.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Internal HDD are not showing in computer including disk manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD are not showing in computer including disk manager: After resuming from sleep mode my HDD partitions are not showing including in disk manager. There are no healthy primary partitions . After restarting this is still not working. Is it recoverable?If yes , then how is it possible? I have important data which must be needed to...
  7. Disk Management unable to detect HDD

Disk Management unable to detect HDD: So I recently purchased a brand new 1TB HDD from Seagate and when I load it into my laptop, it will not recognise it or will tell me it does not exist. I have tried this on another laptop and it seems to be working fine, I have even connected an old HDD to my laptop and that...
  8. Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated

Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated: Booted up from sleep this morning after using the PC fine last night, only to discover that my partition of one of my Seagate drives had vanished from Explorer. Checked Disk Management and it is showing up in there and registers as 'Online' however all the space is now...
  9. Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated

in Windows 10 Support
    Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated: Booted up from sleep this morning after using the PC fine last night, only to discover that my partition of one of my Seagate drives had vanished from Explorer. Checked Disk Management and it is showing up in there and registers as 'Online' however all the space is now...
  10. Disk Management shows HDD but Explorer doesn't

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Management shows HDD but Explorer doesn't: I'm working with a HDD where I want to remove partitions. I can see the disk and partitions in Disk Management but not explorer. I want to see the folders/files before I start deleting partitions. This is a removeable disk in a disk bay. How can I see this disk in Windows...