Windows 10: Unable to access Internet after latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Unable to access Internet after latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer (HP 15 Notebook) ran the latest Windows 10 update on March 12th and everything was fine for 4 days. Then my ability to access the Internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by klrmsg, Mar 18, 2019.

1. klrmsg Win User

Unable to access Internet after latest Windows 10 update

My computer (HP 15 Notebook) ran the latest Windows 10 update on March 12th and everything was fine for 4 days. Then my ability to access the Internet stopped and I began receiving error messages when accessing anything other than my homepage. I currently cannot use Wi-Fi at all and can only consistently get my homepage using a wired connection.

I did run the HP Operating System Check and it came back saying No Errors Found.

I also ran the Performance Tune Up and it seemed to solve the problem when using a wired connection for two hours before reverting to the error message when loading pages. I still could not use Wi-Fi.

I have tried Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge browsers and get a variation of the same error message in all of them. Basically I'm getting a message that the security certificate cannot be verified.

I did contact my ISP and they ran several tests and my modem is functioning properly and I have a strong signal. They are saying there is something in the update affecting my web access.

I am completely stumped about what steps to take next. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

klrmsg, Mar 18, 2019

2. Unable to access internet with certain programs

I have a Compaq Presario CQ62 running Windows 10. I am unable to access the internet with a couple programs. I downloaded the update from Windows 7 to 10. Everything runs fine but HP's support program and Print Shop V22.

I googled the problem and tried some of the suggestions listed, but I still can't access the internet. I am using Firefox and it connects fine along with Norton Internet Security. Any suggestions?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access]

JamesWiker, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Unable to access internet

Original Title: Internet access

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. I understand the frustration to wait for something and it is taking a long time.

I would suggest you to perform an Internet troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Click on start and type ‘troubleshooting’ and press enter.
    • Click on ‘View all’ on top left corner.
    • Select ‘Internet Connections’ in the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, check if the issue persists by connecting to a different network.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write is back for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to access Internet after latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Unable access Internet

2. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...
  3. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...
  4. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update: It seems this is an on-going problem with Windows Updates. This is the second time it has happened to me this year. I would prefer not to have to take my computer out to be looked at -- is there a simple at-home fix?...
  5. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update: It seems this is an on-going problem with Windows Updates. This is the second time it has happened to me this year. I would prefer not to have to take my computer out to be looked at -- is there a simple at-home fix?...
  6. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Latest Update 21H1 Removes Internet Access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Update 21H1 Removes Internet Access: After updating our HP Laptop to Version 21H1 there is no internet access. The system does see all of our "Intranet" devices within our firewall but informs us of "No Internet Access" We have performed extensive troubleshooting with both MSFT Tech support and HP to determine...
  8. Unable to get access to wifi after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to get access to wifi after latest windows update: Tried every solution that i found on internet ..nothing worked ... Cmd Device manager Network reset Services I am unable to locate wifi anywhere in my lap top ...not even in settings ..drivers got hidden in device manager Suffering since 2 weeks ... If anyone have a...
  9. No Internet Access After Downloading Latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Internet Access After Downloading Latest Windows Update: As of downloading the latest Windows 10 update today, I can’t get online. Opening Chrome, i’m met with “(homepage)’s server IP address could not be found.” I had done searching prior to coming here using my phone, being led to believe it is a DNS issue, but couldn’t find a...
  10. No internet access after update to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet access after update to Windows 10: I have just completed my update from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have established my internet connection, I can send and receive emails but I have no web access. I have eliminated any network issues as my Macs all work fine, my iPad and iPhone all work correctly but not on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to access internet after format