Windows 10: Unable to access internet following Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Unable to access internet following Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am getting the message "this application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect". This comes up when I try to access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KathrynElliott1, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Unable to access internet following Windows 10 upgrade

I am getting the message "this application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect". This comes up when I try to access the internet through Chrome - and other applications aren't responding.

This is the latest of several problems getting a blank or unresponsive screen after updating Windows 10 last week. I got the system to revert to its previous version yesterday.

Any advice much appreciated.

:)

KathrynElliott1, Aug 13, 2019

2. Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Unable to access internet

Original Title: Internet access

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. I understand the frustration to wait for something and it is taking a long time.

I would suggest you to perform an Internet troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Click on start and type ‘troubleshooting’ and press enter.
    • Click on ‘View all’ on top left corner.
    • Select ‘Internet Connections’ in the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, check if the issue persists by connecting to a different network.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write is back for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Unable to access internet following Windows 10 upgrade

Unable to access headphones after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi Clayton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to access the headphones after upgrading to Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Is this issue specific only to the headphones?
    • Is your headphones working fine on other devices?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the headphones?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after upgrading to Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if the headphones is set to playback device.

Follow the below:

• Connect the headphones to your device.
    • Right click on the sound icon at the bottom right corner of the taskbar.
    • Click on Playback devices.
    • Check if you are able to find the headphone in the list of connected playback devices.
    • If yes, click on the icon and then click on Set default option.
    • Click on Apply and then on OK.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Kindly reply back to us with the detailed description of this issue, we will be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Unable to access internet following Windows 10 upgrade

1. Unable to access internet following Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Unable access internet

2. Unable to activate Windows 10 following Motherboard Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows 10 following Motherboard Upgrade: I recently upgraded my Motherboard on my PC. Following this upgrade I have been unable to activate Windows 10 Pro again on my device. I reached out to support and they were not able to get the key to work, telling me that it may be tied to my old motherboard. I was told...
  3. Unable to access Internet after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to access Internet after latest Windows 10 update: My computer (HP 15 Notebook) ran the latest Windows 10 update on March 12th and everything was fine for 4 days. Then my ability to access the Internet stopped and I began receiving error messages when accessing anything other than my homepage. I currently cannot use Wi-Fi...
  4. Unable to follow a link

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to follow a link: I am trying to go to a link. I am getting the message "Your organization's policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For more info, please contact your help desk." This is my home computer. I have no help desk. I have not changed any settings as far as I...
  5. Unable to access internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access internet.: So i was helping a user over the phone. Below are the findings: - IP address: 10.10.78.210 Subnet mask: 255.255.254.0 Default gateway: 10.10.79.254 - User can successfully ping default gateway: 10.10.79.254 - User can successfully ping 8.8.8.8 - User can successfully ping...
  6. Unable access booted machine following restore - no mouse no keyboard

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable access booted machine following restore - no mouse no keyboard: Following a very recent restore I am unable to access the machine due to mouse and keyboard not responding. I am able to ssh into the running windows 10, so , it is apparently not frozen or the like. I have cygwin and cygwin sshd (server and client) installed and...
  7. Unable to access Internet on Windows 10 PC - Network is working.

Unable to access Internet on Windows 10 PC - Network is working.: I am unable to access the internet on my Windows 10 PC. The network is working - I am currently using another PC on it. On rebooting from a crash none of my packages (Chrome, Edge, Steam) will access the internet. All the other programs appear to work fine. I have pinged the...
  8. No internet access after upgrade

No internet access after upgrade: There appears to be no new results. I just did this today may 23 2016. Doing a little troubleshooting thru win10 it comes back to problem with local area connection adapter. What is this thing? Is it hardware, hardware driver, or wrong settin? 51215
  9. WiFi on but no internet access after Windows 10 upgrade?

WiFi on but no internet access after Windows 10 upgrade?: Apologies if this has been addressed already but I haven't been able to find a post with this particular issue. Here's the background information: I have a Dell Vostro 3750 notebook which I upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 using a Windows 10 "1511" build DVD....
  10. No internet access after window 10 upgrade.

No internet access after window 10 upgrade.: Hey! so i have recently upgraded to window 10 and im having some issues with my internet. so the problem is that it keeps on saying "no internet access " and theres also a yellow triangle on my wifi icon.I have watch so many tutorials on how to fix this but still havent...