Windows 10: Unable to access internet.

Discus and support Unable to access internet. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i was helping a user over the phone. Below are the findings: - IP address: 10.10.78.210 Subnet mask: 255.255.254.0 Default gateway: 10.10.79.254... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jackin, Oct 16, 2018.

1. jackin Win User

Unable to access internet.

So i was helping a user over the phone.

Below are the findings:

- IP address: 10.10.78.210 Subnet mask: 255.255.254.0 Default gateway: 10.10.79.254
    - User can successfully ping default gateway: 10.10.79.254
    - User can successfully ping 8.8.8.8
    - User can successfully ping www.google.com
    - User can also ping www.yahoo.com.

However,

- User cannot open either www.google.com or www.yahoo.com or any other website.

- Network icon says "No internet access"

- What can be causing this or what might be the possible fix or next troubleshooting steps?

:)

jackin, Oct 16, 2018

2. Unable to access internet

Original Title: Internet access

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. I understand the frustration to wait for something and it is taking a long time.

I would suggest you to perform an Internet troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Click on start and type ‘troubleshooting’ and press enter.
    • Click on ‘View all’ on top left corner.
    • Select ‘Internet Connections’ in the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, check if the issue persists by connecting to a different network.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write is back for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Unable to access internet with certain programs

I have a Compaq Presario CQ62 running Windows 10. I am unable to access the internet with a couple programs. I downloaded the update from Windows 7 to 10. Everything runs fine but HP's support program and Print Shop V22.

I googled the problem and tried some of the suggestions listed, but I still can't access the internet. I am using Firefox and it connects fine along with Norton Internet Security. Any suggestions?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access]

JamesWiker, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Unable to access internet.

Unable to access my router

1. I already have a gateway configured in my house, so no, i'm not relying on this router for internet. However, I plan to make this into an access point in the very near future.

2.This is what I'm getting when i follow that step....

Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.205.6(Preferred
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

So with this i tried 169.254.205.1 with unlucky results :/

Mrblack761, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Unable to access internet.

1. Unable to access internet. - Similar Threads - Unable access internet

2. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  3. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  4. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Win10 Wifi shows "Unable to connect to the Internet" , but the Internet can be accessed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Wifi shows "Unable to connect to the Internet" , but the Internet can be accessed: Hi everyone, I got a wifi problem and really cannot fix it. It will be great if anyone can help who met similar problem before. The Wifi icon on a Windows10 laptop shows "cannot connect to the Internet" the small earth icon at the right of status bar when the wifi is...
  6. Win10 Wifi shows "Unable to connect to the Internet" , but the Internet can be accessed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Wifi shows "Unable to connect to the Internet" , but the Internet can be accessed: Hi everyone, I got a wifi problem and really cannot fix it. It will be great if anyone can help who met similar problem before. The Wifi icon on a Windows10 laptop shows "cannot connect to the Internet" the small earth icon at the right of status bar when the wifi is...
  7. Win10 Wifi shows "Unable to connect to the Internet" , but the Internet can be accessed

8. Unable to access internet/PIN# won't reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to access internet/PIN# won't reset: Recently my computer went thru an update and now I can't access the internet and/or update my pin. I reset my Microsoft password on my phone but it won't accept it for me to get access. I have a second computer that is working fine....disconnected modem/router. Any help is...
  9. Unable to access internet from links in mail.

Unable to access internet from links in mail.: I have had no problems with accessing internet from links in Windows 10 mail until a couple of weeks ago. Now, each time I click on link I get a message saying 'Unable to open' and then a string indecipherable code, followed by an OK button. How can I resolve this?...
  10. Unable to access the internet via Google homepage

Unable to access the internet via Google homepage: I have been unable to access any person or company online for 3 days following yet another update from Windows! Is there anything I can do to put this right? I need to shop on line being partially disabled and these constant updates always upset my PC. I don't use a smart...