Windows 10: Unable to access laptop files using ethernet cable.

Discus and support Unable to access laptop files using ethernet cable. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to access files of my one windows 10 laptop to another same laptop as an error pops up saying "The windows cant access the 'Laptop name' ".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DivyamHarbola, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Unable to access laptop files using ethernet cable.

I am unable to access files of my one windows 10 laptop to another same laptop as an error pops up saying "The windows cant access the 'Laptop name' ". Please someone tell me the solution of this.

:)

DivyamHarbola, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Ethernet cable not working.

You need to solve your problem one step at a time, e.g. like so:

• Connect your CAT5 cable directly to your router. If it does not work, replace the cable.
    • Connect the cable to your TP-Link wall plug. If it does not work, reconfigure or replace the wall plug.

Frederik Long, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Unable to access laptop files using ethernet cable.

Unable to access Teclast tablet on Windows 10 laptop via USB cable

Hi Ramesh,

As per the above description I understand that you are facing issues with accessing the tablet on your laptop. Correct me if I am wrong.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the tablet?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Were you able to detect the tablet on your laptop?

This issue might have occurred due to driver problems on your computer. Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: If you are connecting the tablet via wired/ USB connection, I suggest you to try the below as a workaround check if it helps.

• Use different cable and check. This will let us know if the issue is with the cable.

• Connect the cable to a different USB port on the computer.

Also visit the Telecast support site and check if there is any drivers/firmware for your device model. If so install it and then check if you are able to connect to PC.

TECLAST

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of accessing the tablet for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Unable to access laptop files using ethernet cable.

1. Unable to access laptop files using ethernet cable. - Similar Threads - Unable access laptop

2. No internet using ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet using ethernet cable: Hey,I have had my internet running for almost a year with no issues, now suddenly i just stops working and i am lost why.My PC doesnt want to connect to internet using the ethernet cable, wifi works fine and has no issues.Its not my cable as i unplugged it from my PC and on...
  3. No internet using ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet using ethernet cable: Hey,I have had my internet running for almost a year with no issues, now suddenly i just stops working and i am lost why.My PC doesnt want to connect to internet using the ethernet cable, wifi works fine and has no issues.Its not my cable as i unplugged it from my PC and on...
  4. Unable to recognize ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to recognize ethernet cable: My computer just suddenly stopped recognizing my ethernet cable. It does not have a wifi card so it is completely offline. I have tried swapping cables, updating drivers, uninstalling old updates, resetting network settings, scanning for viruses and everything else I could...
  5. Unable to recognize ethernet cable

Unable to recognize ethernet cable: My computer just suddenly stopped recognizing my ethernet cable. It does not have a wifi card so it is completely offline. I have tried swapping cables, updating drivers, uninstalling old updates, resetting network settings, scanning for viruses and everything else I could...
  6. Unable to recognize ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Window 11 is unable to access to internet via Ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 is unable to access to internet via Ethernet cable: So I'm using a repeater TP-link RE450 AC1750 connected to wlan from other room, on the repeater there's a LAN port which allow me to use Ethernet cable from this repeater to my desktop PC. This works perfectly fine on window 10, Ubuntu, Kali, Opensuse, MacOS,... But somehow...
  8. Window 11 is unable to access to internet via Ethernet cable

Window 11 is unable to access to internet via Ethernet cable: So I'm using a repeater TP-link RE450 AC1750 connected to wlan from other room, on the repeater there's a LAN port which allow me to use Ethernet cable from this repeater to my desktop PC. This works perfectly fine on window 10, Ubuntu, Kali, Opensuse, MacOS,... But somehow...
  9. Networking computers using Ethernet cable?

Networking computers using Ethernet cable?: How do I connect one computer to another computer with an Ethernet cable to share files. I'm using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/networking-computers-using-ethernet-cable/da12b04e-d590-474a-bb7a-92ab9abeac55
  10. Need help with connecting laptop to desktop using ethernet cable

Need help with connecting laptop to desktop using ethernet cable: So about 6 months ago my internet got shut off for a few days. I was still able to connect to an open wifi from my house. I then connected my laptop to my desktop using an ethernet cable. On the laptop all I had to do was go into the adapter properties and select to share the...