Windows 10: Unable to access login screen on Windows 10 stuck on Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Discus and support Unable to access login screen on Windows 10 stuck on Ctrl+Alt+Delete in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm having a problem on a Dell Laptop running Windows 10 Pro. I am not able to get beyond the Ctrl-Alt-Delete screen to be able to login. As soon as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by cdhodgdon, Oct 18, 2020.

1. cdhodgdon Win User

Unable to access login screen on Windows 10 stuck on Ctrl+Alt+Delete

I'm having a problem on a Dell Laptop running Windows 10 Pro. I am not able to get beyond the Ctrl-Alt-Delete screen to be able to login. As soon as Windows finishes booting up to this screen, the keyboard seems to become disabled. I have also tried using both a wireless and wired USB keyboard and they do not function either. But they do work when working in the BIOS settings or loading a Windows install disk to access the repair options, or using any other WinPE based boot disk such as Aomei Partition Assistant and such.

The startup repair option has done nothing, using the command line from the install disk using the command bootrec does not work.

Cannot access Easy of Access option from the screen, as you can see in the linked photo the only things shown on the screen is the background, Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete on the left, the time/date on the left, the wireless internet indicator and the battery icon.

https://adrt.us/store/20201017_123417.jpg

The mouse does move, when using an external wireless mouse, but the mouse pad on the laptop itself does not work when on this screen, though it does work at any point in the pre-boot and WinPE points.

Any suggestion will be great apperciated.

:)

cdhodgdon, Oct 18, 2020
  2. C_111 Win User

Windows 10 Login Screen Ctrl Alt Delete

Hi, basically i used to be able to click or press a key and the login box would come up. Now I have to press ctrl alt delete even though the setting is not turned on. No text is on the screen to tell me to press ctrl alt delete like when the setting is on.

I want to be able to get to the login box by hitting any key like before, Thanks.

C_111, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Why Windows 10 don't goes to login screen after CTRL+ALT+DELETE?

Hi

In Windows Vista, when full screen program doesn't responding I can just press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and see login screen with options, and in Windows 8/8.1/10 in most cases I can see only black screen and do nothing. CTRL+ALT+DELETE should kill every application
    if needed to show login screen/task manager, and now is useless.

Jakub Suszczyński, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Unable to access login screen on Windows 10 stuck on Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Why Windows 10 don't goes to login screen after CTRL+ALT+DELETE?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

CTRL+ALT+DELETE will open you log-in screen in Windows 10 too. I suggest you to try pressing
    Ctrl+SHIFT+Esc key and check if it opens the Task manager. If issue persist, I suggest you to try below given steps and check if it works.

This issue may occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Unable to access login screen on Windows 10 stuck on Ctrl+Alt+Delete

1. Unable to access login screen on Windows 10 stuck on Ctrl+Alt+Delete - Similar Threads - Unable access login

2. ctrl alt delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl alt delete: Hello Microsoft peopleI have a question is using control alt delete to shut down your PC have any side effects, Or does it work just like a regular shutdown? My friend was having problems with his PC, and I thought that might be it. If you shut your PC down improperly enough,...
  3. ctrl alt delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ctrl alt delete: Hello Microsoft peopleI have a question is using control alt delete to shut down your PC have any side effects, Or does it work just like a regular shutdown? My friend was having problems with his PC, and I thought that might be it. If you shut your PC down improperly enough,...
  4. Stuck on Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen during boot up on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen during boot up on Windows 7: Prior this I stopped using my laptop for sometime which later turned into 7months+. Untill I finally got the chance to use it once again. I use a windows 7 professional, so when switch on the system it boots up only for me to get to the Ctrl-Alt-Delete screen and press on the...
  5. Stuck on Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen during boot up on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen during boot up on Windows 7: Prior this I stopped using my laptop for sometime which later turned into 7months+. Untill I finally got the chance to use it once again. I use a windows 7 professional, so when switch on the system it boots up only for me to get to the Ctrl-Alt-Delete screen and press on the...
  6. Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen: I have a Panasonic Toughpad running Windows 10 Pro that has recently stopped accepting Ctrl-Alt-Del at the login screen. I press the key combo and it flickers like it is going to the login prompt but it just goes back to the screen telling me to press ctrl-alt-del to unlock...
  7. ctrl+alt+delete

in Windows 10 Customization
    ctrl+alt+delete: ctrl+alt+delete[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E4%B8%BA%E4%BB%80%E4%B9%88%E6%8C%89ctrlaltdelete/56e61828-5b0a-4cc2-a5b0-a9f6a8d1d39f
  8. CTRL, ALT + DELETE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CTRL, ALT + DELETE: CTRL, ALT + DELETE Microsoft 10, programmers, managers, CTO, and CFO. The worst machine, I have ever owned. 1. Driver compatibility issues. Microsoft Drivers!!! 2. Slow internet connections. 3. HP Support Assistant drivers are not for pro computers, even though...
  9. CTRL-ALT-DELETE at login not always working

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL-ALT-DELETE at login not always working: Hello all I want users to be able to login via VPN on the Windows 10 login screen. I followed the instructions in this link: https://blog.lan-tech.ca/2013/03/02/windows-8-connect-to-vpn-before-logon/ This works when I log out of the user session but when I reboot the PC,...
  10. Weird Ctrl+Alt+Delete Secure Login

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Ctrl+Alt+Delete Secure Login: Somehow, Secure Login was turned on and I cannot seem to turn it off. Not sure if a windows update enabled it or not. So far, I've tried the registry edit of Disable CAD, I've tried netplwiz and under advance, however that option is greyed out and cannot click off the option....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Ctrl alt del cant see login screen

2. windows 10 stuck after ctrl alt del

3. win 10 after pressing ctrl alt delt no iption for login

4. dell ctrl alt delete unlock windows 10,
  5. how to fix a dell laptop that is stuck on ctrl alt delete restart