Windows 10: Unable to access login screen

Discus and support Unable to access login screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Starting Wednesday morning, when I boot my Windows 10 laptop, it boots to the startup picture. When I attempt to go to the login screen or after a few... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TheseusShip, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Unable to access login screen

Starting Wednesday morning, when I boot my Windows 10 laptop, it boots to the startup picture. When I attempt to go to the login screen or after a few minutes if it's left sitting, the screen goes black with a cursor.

I've attempted to start in safe mode gets to the login screen, but I can't input a password, goes to black after a while. Tried system restore unsuccessful, tried a system reset unsuccessful. Before I try a full re-install, are there other options?

:)

TheseusShip, Feb 6, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Login changed by Candy crush, unable to login

Hi Abdul,

• Do you get any error message when you try to login?
    • Did you try to login using Onscreen keyboard?

Initially, try to login your system using Onscreen keyboard and check if this helps.

On your login screen, click on Ease of access (bottom right corner of the screen) and select
    Onscreen keyboard.

Type your password and check if you are able to access.

Also, make sure NumLock key is not turned OFF on your keyboard.

If you still unable to login, then try with the below steps.

• Restart your PC. When you reach the sign-in screen, hold the
      Shift key and select the Power button, and then select
      Restart.

• After your PC restarts, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore.

• Select the restore point created prior to this problem and follow the on-screen instructions to restore your PC to earlier point of time.

• Now try to boot your PC into normal mode and see if it works.

Kindly let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Unable to access login screen

Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Unable to access login screen

1. Unable to access login screen - Similar Threads - Unable access login

2. Cant access startup/login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access startup/login screen: When I start my computer I am not given the option to enter a pin or password. If I press enter, ctrl+alt+delete, or any other key, the screen will move like it is attempting to take me to the login screen, but just returns to a plank screen saver....
  3. Unable to access login screen on Windows 10 stuck on Ctrl+Alt+Delete

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to access login screen on Windows 10 stuck on Ctrl+Alt+Delete: I'm having a problem on a Dell Laptop running Windows 10 Pro. I am not able to get beyond the Ctrl-Alt-Delete screen to be able to login. As soon as Windows finishes booting up to this screen, the keyboard seems to become disabled. I have also tried using both a wireless and...
  4. Unable to access screen for login details

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to access screen for login details: Hi, My pc has been freezing and crashing a lot for the past 3 days which has been a huge inconvenience but I endured it. This morning, however, my PC froze so I did a manual restart. When it turned back on it was stuck on this first screen, not letting me move on to the...
  5. unable to go into the login screen

unable to go into the login screen: [IMG]got stuck in this situation where no matter what i do it juat go into a blank screen and i can do nothing more than wait for it to go back to this screen again....
  6. Unable to access email sign-in login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to access email sign-in login: (Don't know if this is the correct spot to ask this) I'm trying to access an older laptop. My account/login is thru a email login(non local) I no longer have access to that email(I think it's been deleted or turned inactive over time) I was able to get create a new...
  7. Initial screen login to access home screen

Initial screen login to access home screen: My computer screen is not letting your login to the main screen so I can access my home screen. I am being told that your credentials are incorrect. I am also being asked to access your account account.live.com. Well, I can't as I cant get the the home screen. So if anyone...
  8. unable to key in "<" and ">" at login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to key in "<" and ">" at login screen: I have found this issue when I switched my keyboard for "English (United States)" at language bar. When I switch to "US English Table for IBM Arabic 238_L" I am unable to type "<" and ">" characters. This is an issue because I need these 2 keys for my password at login...
  9. Unable to open login screen

Unable to open login screen: Windows 10 in my hp pavilion g6 serious could not shows the login screen even after start up the system...what is the problem pliz help me out 86474
  10. Unable to change name on login screen

Unable to change name on login screen: On the Windows 10 Pro login screen it shows my email address, I want it to ''show my first name only'' as this is how it is on my laptop. I also went to sign in option within windows to turn of the privacy settings so it won't show my email address but it still shows up on...